2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I might as well as say it.... I really miss Patrick Chan... even with 3 falls and everything! :cry:

This one is Fernandez to lose. Rippons and Kozuka should able to land a podium, perfectly within their grasp.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I might as well as say it.... I really miss Patrick Chan... even with 3 falls and everything! :cry:
This one is Fernandez to lose. Rippons and Kozuka should able to land a podium, perfectly within their grasp.
PChiddy will come back next season so no worries, let him have the time to enjoy normal life.
I agree that Javi technically might be the strongest jumper here, but his recent performance at JO gave me some doubt about his ability to concentrate and count.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
PChiddy will come back next season so no worries, let him have the time to enjoy normal life.
I agree that Javi technically might be the strongest jumper here, but his recent performance at JO gave me some doubt about his ability to concentrate and count.

But do you really think he will? I don't think so. Once you are in that university of Toronto / student / stock broker wanna be mentality, I will be REALLY surprised if he will find the motivation and the justification for a come back. How can what happened at Sochi not being so painful and a little humiliating for him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
But do you really think he will? I don't think so. Once you are in that university of Toronto / student / stock broker wanna be mentality, I will be REALLY surprised if he will find the motivation and the justification for a come back. How can what happened at Sochi not being so painful and a little humiliating for him.
PChiddy states that he wants to come back after 1 season off so I believe in his words. He can still win gold at Wc if he skates like he did at JO.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Go, Max! :yay: (And go, Liam!)

(p.s. Jackie Wong is a man. "He is a former U.S. Figure Skating judge," per his bio: http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating-in-national/jackie-wong.)

I knew that... :slink:

I don't. It'll be nice to have a Skate Canada without the lunatic inflation that was determined to give him the gold even when he fell four times.

I thought Balde had withdrawn?????

He has, but he hadn't when I made my fantasy picks.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Schedule including projected start time for each team ill be here when available:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2014/gpcan2014_Men_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf ...

The time schedule now has been posted:

MEN SHORT PROGRAM
Friday, 31 October, 2014

13:20:00 - 13:27:00 Warm-up Group 1
13:27:30 - 13:34:00 1 Liam FIRUS CAN
13:34:00 - 13:40:30 2 Andrei ROGOZINE CAN
13:40:30 - 13:47:00 3 Stephen CARRIERE USA
13:47:00 - 13:53:30 4 Florent AMODIO FRA
13:53:30 - 14:00:00 5 Adam RIPPON USA​

14:00:00 - 14:07:00 Warm-up Group 2
14:07:30 - 14:14:00 6 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN
14:14:00 - 14:20:30 7 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS
14:20:30 - 14:27:00 8 Max AARON USA
14:27:00 - 14:33:30 9 Michal BREZINA CZE
14:33:30 - 14:40:00 10 Takahito MURA JPN
14:40:00 - 14:46:30 11 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP​

Local time, of course.

Many thanks again to Doris :bow: for providing the wealth of links and information in the OPs, and for constantly updating all the discussion and video threads.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I don't. It'll be nice to have a Skate Canada without the lunatic inflation that was determined to give him the gold even when he fell four times.

Yes but blame that on federation politics and appalling judging. Patrick's very best qualities easily triumph whatever faults/weakeness.

My philosophy has always been about celebrate the top 1% elites in anything. Whether he is deserving or not deserve winning men's competition on the day means less to me; at his best, there's no one better. Same can be said about Daisuke in terms of PE/IN, but this is not NHK trophy so....

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would be delighted if PChan never came back, so that means he will come back, without a doubt.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I would be delighted if PChan never came back, so that means he will come back, without a doubt.

Thank goodness! I am soo happy, please don't you ever change your mind :p

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of Patrick Chan, but it matters little to me whether he comes back or not. His life, his career.

And to be honest, I don't think he's going to have a 3-fall cushion anymore. The rest of the field have caught up or even surpassed him technically, and he no longer has a huge PCS cushion over the top men. Add to that the general PCS drop for returning champions, and Patrick will now have to skate clean if he wants to win. Now isn't that a bit of irony...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
If patrick compete again, I will go watch him live. I dont care about any medals, I just want to see his skating. The quality of his skating is so rare and precious to watch, if I wanna watch jumps, there are plenty of choice. But there is only one Patrick who can skate that way. Who cares about scores, PCS cushion, medals, nowadays anyway....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
On a more serious note, can I please get someone to double-check my time conversions? I used the World Clock, but I don't want to miss Max!

Start of Men's SP Kelowna time (I used Vancouver as a reference): 13:15 (1:15pm) Friday October 31
Start of Men's SP Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (I used Sydney as a reference): 07:15am Saturday November 1

This looks right to me, but the daylight savings part has me a little nervous. Anyone more knowledgeable care to double-check? Please? :)

firal

Record Breaker
On a more serious note, can I please get someone to double-check my time conversions? I used the World Clock, but I don't want to miss Max!

Start of Men's SP Kelowna time (I used Vancouver as a reference): 13:15 (1:15pm) Friday October 31
Start of Men's SP Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (I used Sydney as a reference): 07:15am Saturday November 1

This looks right to me, but the daylight savings part has me a little nervous. Anyone more knowledgeable care to double-check? Please? :)

Well, my phone tells me that's right, and I know that daylight savings for us in Vancouver ( and hence Kelowna) doesn't end until Saturday night, so at least for the SP you are good:thumbsup:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, my phone tells me that's right, and I know that daylight savings for us in Vancouver ( and hence Kelowna) doesn't end until Saturday night, so at least for the SP you are good:thumbsup:

Thanks very much! I'll recheck my conversions for the LP tomorrow. Which way are the clocks going for you?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks very much! I'll recheck my conversions for the LP tomorrow. Which way are the clocks going for you?

Karne - if you want to be really sure, use the meeting planner at timeanddate.com - hope I spelled it right. If you put in the two cities it will list the times in both for like a 24 hour period.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Normally, Vancouver area is GMT-8. Unfortunately, time saving program have already changed the time in part of the world, like Europe, but not in N. America. It's one week difference...So, until Saturday night, Vancouver is GMT-7.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I bailed on my Kozuka-on-podium prediction. :slink: Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and make me pay in points.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Normally, Vancouver area is GMT-8. Unfortunately, time saving program have already changed the time in part of the world, like Europe, but not in N. America. It's one week difference...So, until Saturday night, Vancouver is GMT-7.

That's how I calculated, but the time shedule says GMT-6 :confused: (ISU probably wrong then?)

And I think at 2 am on Sunday Canada turns the clock backward one hour.