2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

emdee

Final Flight
If patrick compete again, I will go watch him live. I dont care about any medals, I just want to see his skating. The quality of his skating is so rare and precious to watch, if I wanna watch jumps, there are plenty of choice. But there is only one Patrick who can skate that way. Who cares about scores, PCS cushion, medals, nowadays anyway....

I agree there is magic in his feet. I hope you can see him soon!

cleo2070

Final Flight
ISU probably wrong then?
It wouldn't be the first time, I think... And yes, I'm referring to the time (zones) they indicate.
Anyway, it seems (according to wikipedia and timeanddate.com) that British Columbia, where the competition is taking place, is *never* GMT -6.
So, 3 hours and 10 minutes to go!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Why no Kevin and Elladj? Injuries?

Yes, deedee. :(

Press release re Reynolds's withdrawal from both of his GPs (Oct 27).

Skate Canada's tweet re Balde's withdrawal is at the link below. No other official comment, AFAIK.

Normally, Vancouver area is GMT-8. Unfortunately, time saving program have already changed the time in part of the world, like Europe, but not in N. America. It's one week difference...So, until Saturday night, Vancouver is GMT-7.

That's how I calculated, but the time shedule says GMT-6 :confused: (ISU probably wrong then?)

And I think at 2 am on Sunday Canada turns the clock backward one hour.

Yes, the ISU page is wrong, per this Gov. of Canada page.

The Gov. of Canada page gives the same time differences that Sabrina did. Subtract the following hours from UTC:
Pacific Standard 8
Pacific Daylight 7​

And yes, Pacific Daylight Time will end at 2:00 am PDT on the first Sunday in November (i.e., Nov 2 this year).

Thanks very much! I'll recheck my conversions for the LP tomorrow. Which way are the clocks going for you?

In other words ... karne, the same conversion that you use today for the Men's SP should work for the Men's FS.

Daylight Time will not end in B.C. until after all the competition segments in Kelowna.
(Only the Sunday gala would require a different conversion.)

cleo2070

Final Flight
Yep, that's my understanding from reading this forum. Also equipment issues for Reynolds, there's a link about him upthread and
something about Balde was said here.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I bailed on my Kozuka-on-podium prediction. :slink: Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and make me pay in points.

I was about to drop him down 3 or so places but hey, I'd like for him to end up surprising me as well :p

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If anyone has a link to British Eurosport 2 would you please share:points: Thanks a lot. I've messed around trying to find it and can't seem to come up with anything that doesn't want to download tons of stuff to my computer.

I can watch on Icenetwork, but there is no commentary and sometimes I like British Eurosport for that.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would have been more excited if Kevin would have been able to compete. Going to be in anguish

But I know that what's best for him is to recover.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yes, deedee. :(

Press release re Reynolds's withdrawal from both of his GPs (Oct 27).

Skate Canada's tweet re Balde's withdrawal is at the link below. No other official comment, AFAIK.

oh....sorry to hear it;;;;; thanks a lot as always, golden. :)
and good morning everyone! cause its 5am in our time. :biggrin:

gibbynka

On the Ice
CaroLiza_fan: Thank you for the links, they work perfectly.

I'm hoping to stay awake for the men and pairs at least :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
ESP guys about Kevin- apparently he has a narrow foot(?), went through 4 pairs of boots this season, 9 pairs last season. :eek: