2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

gibbynka

On the Ice
ESP guys about Kevin- apparently he has a narrow foot(?), went through 4 pairs of boots this season, 9 pairs last season. :eek:

That sounds terrible, 9 pairs? How long does it take to break in new boots? It's a wonder he competed at all last season :( His feet must be in constant pain ...

Meoima

Match Penalty
British Euro is streaming but sound comes before the visual miles away!! :sarcasm: I have to try the Russian link.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
lol, for some reason i thought Florent retired.
Maybe it's my own thinking because he's such an amazing performer but his technical scores always bring him down.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What in the world does a narrow foot mean?:think:

He has a VERY narrow heel. So narrow that most boot manufacturers don't mass-produce that size so it has to be custom-made. He got them custom-made, but the heel broke down within a matter of 2 weeks.

If the skates don't fit, he can't do jumps properly cause it moves around.

I had a dream last night that his boot problems got resolved. Alas it was only a dream that I wished was true.

unico

Final Flight
Yesss, I woke up just in time!

Hope to see some great skating from everyone (even at the expense of my predictions)!! :yay:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
What in the world does a narrow foot mean?:think:

It means the foot isn't very wide, at least compared to what the average foot would be for the length. For example I have the opposite problem, my feet fit a 6 (US size) lengthwise, but my feet need a 7-7.5 width-wise because I have blocky square feet. So I either need a 6W(special wide size) or I have to get a 7 or larger & wear socks :eek:hwell:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
He has a VERY narrow heel. So narrow that most boot manufacturers don't mass-produce that size so it has to be custom-made. He got them custom-made, but the heel broke down within a matter of 2 weeks.

If the skates don't fit, he can't do jumps properly cause it moves around.

I had a dream last night that his boot problems got resolved. Alas it was only a dream that I wished was true.

That makes sense! Thanks a lot...I am learning...fast!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, I was just reading the GS feature on Adam in news section. I didn't realize that he, like Johnny Weir, started skating at a very late age for skaters: 11 years old (Johnny Weir was 12 and became World Junior Champ 4 years later). Adam became a two-time World Junior champ relatively late (and it seems both have had issues with adjusting to competition as a result of having early success and perhaps not enough time to learn how to deal with competing like those who start very young may have an advantage in learning over more time).

Good luck to all the men at Skate Canada!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
It means the foot isn't very wide, at least compared to what the average foot would be for the length. For example I have the opposite problem, my feet fit a 6 (US size) lengthwise, but my feet need a 7-7.5 width-wise because I have blocky square feet. So I either need a 6W(special wide size) or I have to get a 7 or larger & wear socks :eek:hwell:

Thanks a lot for the explanation to a novice. :)