2014 Skate Canada Pairs SP 10/31 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Pairs SP 10/31

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Either my stream's audio suddenly got out of synch or they finished a bit early.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Brittany JONES / Joshua REAGAN (CAN)

Music: Dance for me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; I Will Follow You (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski

She's in red halter dress. He's in grey/black vest and shirt

3Tw - crashy catch
3T - big distance, unison off
3Li
3LoTh
FiDs
FCCoSp3p - unison off
StSq

Solid enough, but some small beauty flaws

SP: 25.91+23.89 = 49.89 (PB), 2nd (out of 2)

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Kirsten is such a performer, and I think this could have been a really good program for them, but the music is cut so horrifically I don't blame her for not being able to perform well to it.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Yes! They look so promising, by comeback I mean in competition so they can get the tech minimums for Worlds and 4CC maybe =D

I believe they're on the entry list for a competition in Europe this fall -- don't remember which one. (Ice Challenge possibly?)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE (USA)

Music: Coppelia by Leon Delibes

She's in light blue tutu dress. He's in blue/silver velvet vest, white shirt, blue pants

3Tw
3LoTh - twofoot
3Li
3S
CCoSp3p - unison off/on
StSq
FiDs

Solid skate, they seem to have gained consistency

SP: 30.83+26.37 = 57.20, 1st (out of 3)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I am charmed by Max and Maddie! They are well-choreographed and they present with good attention to detail. They are gaining consistency and have good speed. A few minor errors but overall very solid for them! and how handsome is he?!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
First time I saw Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE. I'm impressed. They look promising... already really good - 57.20 in first place.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Aaron/Settlage and Denney/Frazier seem very promising for US Pairs' future.. now if only Scimeca/Knierim can get it together...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Aaron/Settlage seemed young to me, but I really enjoyed their presence on the ice.

Well, it is their first season as seniors -- and they have been doing very well. :) :yay:

Exciting day for the Aaron family.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)

Music: Waltz from "Petersburg's Secrets" (soundtrack) by Andrei Petrov

Both in black/white stripes with hot pink details

3Tw
3T - he falls
3STh - she hangs on
FiDs
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3Li - shaky exit

SP: 24.79+24.64-1.00 = 48.43, 4th (out of 4)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi all! Just tuned in and saw Vartmann / VanCleave and really enjoyed their performance! I wish my homework would do itself so I could focus on skating. Dang school! LOL! :)

Edited to add - I'm :cry: to have missed M-T M.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
First time I saw Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE. I'm impressed. They look promising... already really good - 57.20 in first place.

I've been a big fan since I saw them at SA last week. I did see them at Jr. Worlds last year and found them good.