2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports

Meoima

Match Penalty
Kozuka: 4T step out, hot and cold with the other jumps, lots of pops, others landed fine... His skating quality is so lovely but how much do I trust his jumps?!?! (I don't, I don't trust his jumps) I'm not sure if it's just the stream but his movements also seemed a bit off timing-wise?
Maybe that's the reason his PCS is often underscored? Since he doesn't show his consistency in pratice the judges gave him those scroes?

Fernandez: My biggest headache takes to the ice. 4S step out. Oh OK, didn't do the rest of the jumps. I want to force him to listen to that Madonna music on repeat from now until tomorrow, DON'T GO FOR SECOND BEST! SECOND BEST IS NEVER ENOUGH!
Javi, what is wrong with you?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Max and Satoko doing relatively well in practices?

Yep. That's pretty much all I needed to know.

(Well, except for the Javi bit too...)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max and Brooklee doing well in practices? That's all ~I~ needed to know! :laugh: ;)

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Can’t praise the LOC and Skate Canada enough for their help yesterday. From what I understand, Alexandra Aldridge’s skate got caught in the lace of her new Carmen Paso Doble Short Dance Dress and she fell in the Practice Twizzle Sequence. We heard that the Canadians came to her assistance and had a seamstress re-hem her dress last night. “O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.”
Very, Very, Appreciative here in Detroit. Thank You so much

Also - Love the Live Straming

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Can’t praise the LOC and Skate Canada enough for their help yesterday. From what I understand, Alexandra Aldridge’s skate got caught in the lace of her new Carmen Paso Doble Short Dance Dress and she fell in the Practice Twizzle Sequence. We heard that the Canadians came to her assistance and had a seamstress re-hem her dress last night. “O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.”
Very, Very, Appreciative here in Detroit. Thank You so much

Also - Love the Live Straming

How nice was that! :rock::rock::points:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wonder what Max thinks of Fernandez's Black Betty SP.
Max's former exhibition program to the same music was terrific. :)

MalAssada

Medalist
Anna's practice looked terrible. She fell on most of her jumps. It looks like she was not comfortable with her top somehow.

Runs to change prediction :slink:

Seriously, I hope she (and everyone else) has a nice skate. But indeed that practice wasn't promising at all.

Mony

On the Ice
I really love that skate Canada allowed us to see practices live online. It was great.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin
Anna's practice looked terrible. She fell on most of her jumps. It looks like she was not comfortable with her top somehow.

Runs to change prediction :slink:

Seriously, I hope she (and everyone else) has a nice skate. But indeed that practice wasn't promising at all.

Didn't she just nail her jumps? 3lutz-3toe included?

I hate that Viktoria looks so nervous. Her skating is beautiful.

Miyahara seems hard to beat :clap:

Alena and Ashley didn't do jumps. Ashley not much at all - took a sip of something during her 'performance'. Go girls, I'm rooting for you both!

NaVi

Medalist
Bellflower, what were you watching? Pogo had a good practice today... she nailed all her jumps.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
bellflower - I wrote about today's practice. Ladies just finished. So keep calm about your predictions :laugh: or not :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm starting to prefer it when skaters stink it up during practice ice. When the do well it's like we become the person who lives next to a serial killer and says...oh but he was so nice and everything seemed so normal. I never saw that coming. Maybe this applies more for single skaters though. Now come warm-up.... It's time to get it done :yes:

NaVi

Medalist
The last video uploaded entitled "2014 Skate Canada International Practice Friday Men (REPLAY)" actually has all the practices on it.... I can't link to it because I'm new and the last time I tried to post a link to pogo's practice yesterday I was banned for "spam". Pogo's practice starts at 1:50 into the video.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sorenkay, you should be okay to post links now. :yay: btw, in case no one else greeted you yet, Welcome to Golden Skate!