2014 Cup of China Practice sessions? | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Practice sessions?

firal

Record Breaker
Does anyone know whether the practice sessions are open to the public or not? Either based on past experience with CoC or with the current one; I would love to see it...:confused:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I was wondering the same thing. There is nothing on the official site, but I would luv be able to watch the practices...

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Based on past experience, they will not sell practice tickets like the WC in Japan. It depends on whether you can persuade the security people to let you in... This year seems tough, because there will be so many Hanyu fans even in China, if I were the security I won't risk to let anyone in.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Some Tweets from Asahi TV's correspondent.
https://twitter.com/figureskate5ch

Nam is first up, almost a completely clean run-through. 4S slightly UR 3A a bit eked out but everything landed. After that, he did a clean 4S.

Han Yan also looking pretty good. 6 tries on the 3A and 4 were clean. Only one real 'miss' in that area.
Hair is looking stylish too.

Kovtun is planning 5 quads total in his short and free. He landed 4T twice. He popped his 4S a few times but also landed a few.
he landed a 4S-3T beautifully.

Hanyu is amazing. He has an atmosphere. 4T and 4T-2T successful. 4T is very stable. 6 4S tries rotated but fall or hand down on landing. Performance looking good, I can tell he really likes the music. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

supsu

On the Ice

Nam is first up, almost a completely clean run-through. 4S slightly UR 3A a bit eked out but everything landed. After that, he did a clean 4S.

Han Yan also looking pretty good. 6 tries on the 3A and 4 were clean. Only one real 'miss' in that area.

Kovtun is planning 5 quads total in his short and free. He landed 4T twice. He popped his 4S a few times but also landed a few.

Hanyu is amazing. He has an atmosphere. 4T and 4T-2T successful. 4T is very stable. 6 4S tries rotated but fall or hand down on landing. Performance looking good, I can tell he really likes the music. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks! So excited to see Yuzuru, but also the rest of the men! :yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks for the report! I guess Nam has learned his lesson from SA that a good practice with the judges watching translates to good scores for the actual performance. (Though Yuzuru appears (again) to be the anomaly here. In Worlds 2012, he was described as "almost noodle-like" and "flaky" in practice but still got a humongous score in his free.)

Looking forward to seeing Han Yan's stylish hair. The Japanese men may be getting competition here. :biggrin:

Re Maxim, I am not a fan of his quads because he lands them too bent and hunched over for my taste. Still, if he executes those 5 quads, he'll be a strong contender.

As for Yuzuru, expecting great things from him as usual. Hope he does not prove me wrong when I posted I think he'll own the 4S this season.

AprilS

On the Ice

Thanks for the link! I read the tweets and just a couple things- Nam ur and fell on his 4S and popped his 3A in his run through. Tanaka is having trouble with his 4S. Hanyu attempted 6 4S and either fell (rotated) or touched his hand on half of them (the others were implied to be fine).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link! I read the tweets and just a couple things- Nam ur and fell on his 4S and popped his 3A in his run through. Tanaka is having trouble with his 4S. Hanyu attempted 6 4S and either fell (rotated) or touched his hand on half of them (the others were implied to be fine).

ah, thanks! I wasn't paying attention. Well, things aren't too bleak for Hanyu's 4S. It will be hit or miss I think, like last year.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Depending on how this season progresses, Yuzuru might as well go for the 4loop instead if the 4S is still so inconsistent. If its anything like last season, opting for the loop cant fare any worst than his 4S. Might even do better tbh.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Choreo of Hanyu program looks amazing, so I hope he atleast stays on his feet on 4S if things didn't go right on it :biggrin:

foruiz

Final Flight
Thanks for the reports everyone! I am excited for Yuzu and Han Yan!!! Hope the 4S turns out well.

NMURA

Medalist
TV Asahi reports

Hanyu tried the 4S six times, three of them were hand down or rotated falls
so he landed three times successfully?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
TV Asahi reports

Hanyu tried the 4S six times, three of them were hand down or rotated falls
so he landed three times successfully? That's not bad.

Propably everyone will hold a long breath when he will be going for 4S in LP including Mr Orser :biggrin: I am just keeping fingers crossed he will finally make this 4S work :bow:

firal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the report. The men competition looks to be amazing at this point;,hopefully everyone can bring their A game!

foruiz

Final Flight
Propably everyone will hold a long breath when he will be going for 4S in LP including Mr Orser :biggrin:

And then BOrser will be jumping up and down when Yuzu finally makes it...ooops I hope I do not jinx the 4S... I am shutting up now... :slink: