2014 Skate Canada Free Dance 11/01 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Free Dance 11/01

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks everyone for the links and info. It's not on here (I'm in MST zone) until later on, and I'd rather watch it live, so I guess I'll stick with my Russian stream.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
After Z/G which was so bizarre, this was so typical ice dance music. I liked both of them in very different ways.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If Z/G want to do a Swan Lake parody, then it's a flop. A real Swan Lake parody would be hilarious and they could probably do a bang up job. That ain't it.

A/E's program is so generic, so bland, it's like the ID equivalent of beige. And is there a single human being on the planet who thinks beige is the best color in the crayon box? They're so much better than that.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Maddison looks great! I hope she and Zach will do much better than yesterday, fingers crossed :)

Ah yes. My mistake. But there should be litigation for that.

It was definitely Marina. Before they left DSC, they were working on a free to "The Godfather," but then they left and Marina switched it.

I want to like it so badly because I love "Gone With the Wind," but I just don't feel it. I'm not sure if it's the music or the way they sell it, idk. I just...I want to like it. Maybe it'll be better as the season progresses...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
That program was pretty much the polar opposite of Z/G's. And I just wasn't feeling it, it seemed somehow....inauthentic, if that makes sense.

They are so not Vivienne Leigh and Clark Gable, so not Scarlett and Rhett. For one, they're just too young. For two, she is not coquettish or diva-like at all and he is not the dashing bad boy at all. For three, they don't skate with intensity, passion, or melodrama. The program does not work at all for me. and I'm a big GWTW fan and wanted to love it too.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - POSITION AFTER 4 OF 8

1. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 140.95 Free Dance
2. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 137.37 Free Dance
3. Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois-Xavier OUELLETTE (CAN) - 134.48 Free Dance
4. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 127.99 Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
what do you mean? coz the program was really bad?

I'm sure they paid thousands of dollars for that choreography, and you could not get a bigger mismatch between music and couple. See what wordsworthgirl said--it's spot on. And to foist such a mismatch on them--it's a crime. I'd sue.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
So which of the competitors took a scissors to the Russians' costumes before the event? How rude.

:D this, there is such a thing for Russian dancer's costumes that they almost always look like shredded "something" composed in ugly and unflattered form...

charmblade

Final Flight
Is the back of her skirt torn? It looks like there's a hole or something and it's super distracting.

I'm sure they paid thousands of dollars for that choreography, and you could not get a bigger mismatch between music and couple. See what wordsworthgirl said--it's spot on. And to foist such a mismatch on them--it's a crime. I'd sue.

WeakAnkles, you're cracking me up again! But I couldn't agree with you more on everything ID you've said so far...

flutzy13

On the Ice
Honestly I think there's a bigger problem with Aldridge/ eaton than the choreo and it's that Daniel is a stronger skater/much more engaging to watch than Alex. And that can be okay but not when she's playing Scarlett and Carmen.