2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01

unico

Final Flight
Laggy stream so I didn't fully see M-T/M's routine, but the music sounded really heavy. New couple so understandable that they're still a bit messy.

Also, no words for his outfit.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Me neither... There's just no spark, no connection...

Not seeing this pairing enduring 2 Olympic cycles which is why she supposedly left Dylan. It's early though.

He's very sweet with her in the K&C. Are they dating/were they dating prior to becoming a pair?

MTM2 did well but.......seeing his bent posture with her lifted made me miss the original M.

Me too! Mike makes lifting her look hard... They seem to get along really well off-ice...or did at the start of the summer. I wish they'd bring more chemistry and connection to the ice. Hopefully that will develop.

samson

Medalist
My first impression seeing the costumes and knowing the music for MT/M was this is very Twee. Then I watched the skate and I thought this is very boring. There's great music in Chess, it's a shame they're not using any of it. But it's very early days for this team so I'll here's to hoping they come out stronger next grand prix.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Vanessa and Morgan will definitely fall behind Kirsten and Michael with this effort. Or maybe their tech was good enough to keep them ahead. But J/C skating didn't seem as polished plus they really need to show greater connection. Hopefully they will get better over the course of the season. I always thought J/C have such great potential. Their former French coaches seemed to give them better flair and fire with their programs though. Maybe things look rough before they start to improve under a new coach.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I don't like talking about that, but from the early rehearsals I noticed Kerstin MT has gained a few kilograms in weight. She looks amazing, but that's not good for a pair figure skater. Poor partner has more to work. Anyway, Marinaro looked better...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Heaven and Hell by Vangelis; Requiem for a Dream (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell

She's in white swirly illusion dress. He's in grey/black sparkly costume

3Tw - slight wobbly catch
3T+1T - he does 3T+2T+2T
3S - she has hand down, both forward
BoDs - strained exit
PCoSp3p
5ALi
3FTh - twofoot
ChSq
FCCoSp3p
3STh
5BLi
3Li - ended bit after music

Bit of a struggle, nothing came easy to them

FS: 51.44+53.88 = 105.32, 161.79, 1st (out of 4)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Okay skate by Morgan and Cipres, but I found the program very blah. Her program was interesting though!

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I like the french team alot. Hope they improve this program. They really need to at least try some steps into the twist.

His outfit was so distracting to me. It was like an arrow on his back pointing at his butt saying "look at me." :laugh:

Happy french in the KC !
He said what happened to the combination ?
She answered I hesitated. Then he replied you shouldn't hesitate, it makes lose points.

elee63

Final Flight
I always have to double take when I see the names Tarasova and Morozov together...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well that was a rough first group. I think J/C are on the right track, but that was a rough go. The Eurosport guys are so nice though, aren't they?

samson

Medalist
I always have to double take when I see the names Tarasova and Morozov together...

I'm never gonna not imagine the coaches skating together, and the visual of Tatiana Tarasova in her fur being lifted by Nikolai Morozov is just AMAZING