2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS)

Music: Hello by Lionel Ritchie

She's in blush dress. He's in all black

3Tw - great height
3S - hangs on
2T+2T - he does 3T+2T
5RLi
3LoTh - stepout
BoDs
FCCoSp3p
3STh - stepout
ChSq
5ALi
3Li
PCoSp3p

They've got good potential, big elements, but some problems today with the landings

FS: 54.18+57.13 = 111.31, 175.45, 1st (out of 6)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Tarasova and Morozov are really well-matched and have lovely lines and posture, but the jumps were not there today. They also seemed fairly slow.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Tarasova and Morozov are really well-matched and have lovely lines and posture, but the jumps were not there today. They also seemed fairly slow.

No, not their day, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on them. I think they have enormous potential.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I feel they will be a threat in the future, they have everything for it. Congrats on the medal at their first senior GP!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yes, they got off to a decent start but lots of problems. I wouldn't have them that far ahead of Maddie and Max.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Sui singled her jump. What a shame.

Edit: she also doubled solo Salchow. Urgh.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Too bad the Aarons didn't enrol Max in ballet too! Her posture is wonderful. :)

Although no question that Maddie is the family ballerina, Max has studied ballet in more recent years.

When they were much younger and Maddie already was immersed in ballet, Max was immersed in hockey at the national level. It's not as if he were sitting around twiddling his thumbs. ;)

Max certainly sounds pleased to be done. He said that twice, and now he's like "let's go home now..."

Perfectly understandable :) that Maddie and Max are looking forward to some "normal" time back home after an exhilarating, but no doubt exhausting two months of competition and travel.

Since September, they have competed at no fewer than four internationals:
Two Challenger events (SLC, where they won the bronze + Nebelhorn) and two GPs (Skate America and Skate Canada).

Art&Sport

Medalist
Sui/ Han skating well, and I guess this is a good vehicle for them to try and work on their presentation skills. I don't think they are very musical or artistic, but I can see they are trying to work on it. What has vaulted them to the top is the tricks they do so well.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
T/M will be one of the teams to beat by 2018. I won't be surprised if they pass up D/R by then.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)

Music: Francesca da Rimini, Fantasy for Orchestra Op. 32 by P. Tchaikovksi

Both in light blue costumes

4Tw - nice, solid catch
1T - she slip on entry, he does 3T+2T
3Li - nice positions
3FTh - big, bit forward
PCoSp3p
2S - he has hand down
3STh
FCCoSp3p
ChSq
BoDs
5RLi - bit wobbly footwork
3Li

Ambitious skate with regards to choreography, shame about the sbs jump mistakes

FS: 58.00+61.42 = 119.42, 184.64, 1st (out of 7)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Although no question that Maddie is the family ballerina, Max has studied ballet in more recent years.

When they were much younger and Maddie already was immersed in ballet, Max was immersed in hockey at the national level. It's not as if he was sitting around twiddling his thumbs. ;)

Yeah, I think its well known that Max was great at hockey. No one said he was twiddling his thumbs at home. ;) Ballet and figure skating notoriously are not seen as macho, but it does take having a macho work ethic to excel as an all around skater, and taking ballet training truly helps. People don't realize how strong ballet dancers are, not to mention how flexible.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I rarely comment on costumes but Han's ill fitting shirt is made for a low level middle aged bureaucrat.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
T/M will be one of the teams to beat by 2018. I won't be surprised if they pass up D/R by then.

I agree although we don't know yet if D/R will keep going until then but T/M are fantastic and they've only just started seniors, how exciting

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Too bad about Sui/Han's SBS jumps - Otherwise, it was a nice skate, with some interesting highlights. I thought they were well costumed as well - simple and classy.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Yeah, I think its well known that Max was great at hockey. No one said he was twiddling his thumbs at home. ;) Ballet and figure skating notoriously are not seen as macho, but it does take having a macho work ethic to excel as an all around skater, and taking ballet training truly helps. People don't realize how strong ballet dancers are, not to mention how flexible.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sui/Han go for the Russian TraumaDrama, but I'm not sure if it suits them. Why not something from say Debussy or go very classical modern and say John Adams? I think lyrical would suit them better than bombast. YMMV of course.