Satoko Miyahara | Page 140 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Satoko is going to Worlds! I'm sure she'll spent these next couple months training hard.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Oh I thought she had missed out due to her disastrous FS at the nationals. Hopefully she can get redemption at the worlds ��

amonemae

Rinkside
Mao about Satoko in Number Magazine:

“I personally love both SP and FP of #SatokoMiyahara. Her result is amazing considering she is still getting used to the new coach and training environment. Her effort really shows in maintaining high level for so long. Her every position is beautiful and sophisticated.”

https://twitter.com/kokomadekokomo/status/1219589348548472832?s=20

She also talks about Wakaba and Rika in the translation thread.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Satoko is going to be Sailor Mercury at the Sailor Moon show and I WANT TO SEE IT because Mercury is my favorite Sailor of all times
EQoZrxiU0AAwfX8-1536x1507.jpg

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Satoko is going to be Sailor Mercury at the Sailor Moon show and I WANT TO SEE IT because Mercury is my favorite Sailor of all times
EQoZrxiU0AAwfX8-1536x1507.jpg

I was wondering which Sailor she was going to portray and I couldn’t agree more because Mercury is the smartest of the group, just like Satoko!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Popping in just to say that if you take a look at Shoma FanFest you will find a wonderful interview from Stephane Lambiel in which he also talks about Satoko. No need to say that he only had lovely things to say about her :luv17:

I will post just a small extract here:

"And my second point is: at the end of the day, what do you want from skating, or from the competition?
From my perspective, I want to go to see the live performance – and go home with a strong image in my mind. To have a feeling. And this feeling will make me want to rewatch it.
I will rewatch it, and rewatch it, and rewatch it, and not get bored of it. You know?
This is how I live figure skating.
And I will name her because I’m a big fan of her: I watched Satoko at [2019] Worlds in Saitama – I actually watched her in many, many, many competitions, and I watched her in Saitama as well – and, during her performance, I could feel her intensity, her devotion…
This is something that I go home and I want to re-watch.
I want to rewatch and I’m looking for programs like this – and I just feed myself with this kind of programs.
And, yes, she’s not the strongest technician out there, but she gives me something to live with. "

McBibus

On the Ice
From my perspective, I want to go to see the live performance – and go home with a strong image in my mind. To have a feeling. And this feeling will make me want to rewatch it.
I will rewatch it, and rewatch it, and rewatch it, and not get bored of it. You know?
This is how I live figure skating.
And I will name her because I’m a big fan of her: I watched Satoko at [2019] Worlds in Saitama – I actually watched her in many, many, many competitions, and I watched her in Saitama as well – and, during her performance, I could feel her intensity, her devotion…
This is something that I go home and I want to re-watch.
I want to rewatch and I’m looking for programs like this – and I just feed myself with this kind of programs.
And, yes, she’s not the strongest technician out there, but she gives me something to live with. "

This words are amazing to me.
He explains why I develop an emotional attachement to some skaters and while I would never feel that way for other skater even if I know their are superb skaters and I like them as persons.
Some skater just feed my soul while others don't.

I say (and wrote in this forum) that Aliona skates directly into my soul and I can read myself in his words, but the way he describes his admirationfor Satoko is just fantastic and moving.
Great artists are masters in conveying emotions to their audience whatever media or way they choose

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Happy birthday to the most elegant skater ever, our Satoko!!! :luv17:

:hb: :hb: :hb:

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Just watched one more time her free program at 2018 Worlds and she's a real icon :love: