Satoko Miyahara | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
here are some interviews of her , courtesy of ohlovesosweet, apart from her skating i really love her personality and humbleness, she isnt afraid to talk about her flaws and things to work on, she is amazing :clap: i am hoping she will be less shy day by day :laugh:

I absolutely love how she seems to know what she needs to work on (ex. Getting higher jumps and better facial expressions). A lot of skaters who have things to work on don't seem to acknowledge it so they never really improve on it. However satoko seems to really be working on these things which makes me look forward to her future improvements! She seems like such a hard worker.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Link to Satoko's FS: A clean and beauty! :biggrin:

Very proud of her! I hope she'll keep on improving and come back next season with even better programs.

i love her!! it was such a great skate, she deserved her PB, and her fist bump is so cute!! i think WTT helped her break out of her shell and gave her the confidence, i hope nd i am sure next season she will put all these experiences into her programs and be more amazing, she is already working on her jumps and i hope she will go to kulik or any other coach to help her progress (how i wish she would go to summer camp at TCC haha, practically we want to send all the skaters with issues there :laugh: )

some of the great moments of her with teammates and friends

Plumededragon

Medalist
I love her skating. I'm glad she came out of her shell at WTT and kept cheering with Kana and Ami....three adorable samurai ladies.
Yes that was adorable to see. I hope we'll get to see more of this side of her in the next season.
I wonder which programs she'll do next. I also hope she'll improve her strenght and jumps. Considering she proved to be a seriously talented skater despite being so small, the next years will be very interesting to follow...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes that was adorable to see. I hope we'll get to see more of this side of her in the next season.
I wonder which programs she'll do next. I also hope she'll improve her strenght and jumps. Considering she proved to be a seriously talented skater despite being so small, the next years will be very interesting to follow...

i hope so too!! i loved to see her opening up this week, and here is a gifset of tiny princess as cheerleader
about jumps, i am sure she will work hard,hopefully she will grow taller and gain more strength, i wonder if she does off-ice training, i remember kanako said until last summer she never did off-ice training

firal

Record Breaker
I have really warmed up to Satoko-chan over the course of this season. I thought her expression and interpretation of music has improved a lot, and I watched a recent TV program where they say she has amazing stamina and that is her strength. That is why she is able to put an important combo near the end of her program. Then I thought, yeah, she never looked over-tired by the end! :)

Kurt from CBC broadcast commented during her Worlds EX that he is happy to see she has a fun side too.

Hopefully she gains more confidence from this season and has two new programs next season that suits her too!

Globetrotter

Medalist
Satoko's only weakness is she does not jump big. Otherwise, her basic skating and innate musicality and interpretation is excellent, with probably the best SS edge work with the possible exception of Gracie Gold. She has been seriously underscored in PCS, perhaps because of her introverted sensitive style rather than the lyrical sort like Asada or big performer like Radionova. Maybe that affected her SS scores as she does not convey a big skate presence? Hope judges warm up more and recognize her sure command of edges and stroking skills.

Morena

On the Ice
I don't really get why people so eager for Satoko to show off her funny side etc. What attracts me is
her subtle personality, sublime musicality, delicate expressiveness. Her best programs and interpretation for me was her first senior year at NHK Trophy SP "Merry Christmas, Mr.Lawrence" and her SP next year to Swan.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I don't really get why people so eager for Satoko to show off her funny side etc. What attracts me is
her subtle personality, sublime musicality, delicate expressiveness. Her best programs and interpretation for me was her first senior year at NHK Trophy SP "Merry Christmas, Mr.Lawrence" and her SP next year to Swan.
İts not that we want her to be funny, just want her to open up more off ice aside from performing , and it will help her performance ability on ice as well, there is always room for improvement right? :)

Morena

On the Ice
Radionova and Miyahara are the opposite of the spectrum, each of them is strong to perform their unique approach though probably Radionova will appeal to far more people.

firal

Record Breaker
Radionova and Miyahara are the opposite of the spectrum, each of them is strong to perform their unique approach though probably Radionova will appeal to far more people.

Radionova I think is easier to get for the general audience, and possibly for the judges too when it comes to PCS. I also don't think Satoko is lacking in expression or musicality, but unfortunately that's where most people seem to comment on first, along with her jumps.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
She is so shy and quiet usually. Lovely! It really looks like WTT helped to bring her out of herself. So cute.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Satoko skated to music Pennies from Heaven, but seems like she had umbrella as prop so i wonder if its her new ex, and she seems like she has grown a little! and i kinda like the costume :love: