Country
United-States
There are some really unique choreography nuances there! Especially the ending

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I wasn't sure about that :laugh: but that was the first thing that came to mind!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Lol, I laughed when she just tossed her black arm-things mid skate :laugh:
Anyways, I absolutely love that transition where her leg is over his head/on his neck. So difficult!
Also, it was funny how Sui was nailing her jumps here and Han was stepping out when she usually makes the mistakes, lol. Anyways, looking forward to the upcoming season!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Lol, I laughed when she just tossed her black arm-things mid skate :laugh:
Anyways, I absolutely love that transition where her leg is over his head/on his neck. So difficult!
Also, it was funny how Sui was nailing her jumps here and Han was stepping out when she usually makes the mistakes, lol. Anyways, looking forward to the upcoming season!
i was thinking the same thing :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you for both the links! It's a pleasure to watch these two :love: The program itself looks amazing :cheer: It's not perfect yet, but I trust it will be when it counts ^^

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I have watched both S/H and P/Z's LP. here is some of my feeling. I felt S/H's program flew by so fast and it attracted me to watch over and over (comparing to P/Z) and that is a rare feeling I only got when I watch Yuna.
Also, S/H really know how to dance (phrasing)! whereas P/Z has the edge on lines and statuesque image and the traditional sense of a pair team (height difference etc.).
All these are beside the excitement of that quad throw.
:eek:::eek:::love:
Even, throw that black elbow thingy, she did it with such swagger!:cool: I need yet to figure out what is that all about?
Also, their pair spins, some really cool positions. sui laid down so low and her edge is so far away from Han's. is that a new trend/move in pairs skating?

s_parks

Record Breaker
For those that are interested, Sui/Han's SP and a warm-up/practice video where they did two throw quads

It is unreal how the Chinese pairs do throws... all four can do them in their sleep. And was the first sal really a quad?? She pulled out so early, wow. Sui is really getting those sbs jumps now. And yay for Cheng nailing that 3sal jump! I knew she'd do better on triples than an axel, but I was worried about her recent injury.

veneresplende

Rinkside
It is unreal how the Chinese pairs do throws... all four can do them in their sleep. And was the first sal really a quad?? She pulled out so early, wow. Sui is really getting those sbs jumps now. And yay for Cheng nailing that 3sal jump! I knew she'd do better on triples than an axel, but I was worried about her recent injury.

Oh no, that first throw sal was a triple. The last two at the end are quads. Prayers for Cheng's jumps:hopelessness:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh no, that first throw sal was a triple. The last two at the end are quads. Prayers for Cheng's jumps:hopelessness:

I thought as much, she was nearly a foot off the ice when she finished the rotation. But dang, that quad was amazing. I may be too optimistic but I'm feeling pretty good about Peng's jumps. If she's doing them this well with an injury, she could just as well rock them when she's fully recovered(their gp assignments are a bit tough, but they're the two latest ones so she should be good to go by then). She's quite good with triples, I felt like she was just wonky on the axel technique/takeoff. She just needs to hold it together mentally/have confidence in comp.

veneresplende

Rinkside
I thought as much, she was nearly a foot off the ice when she finished the rotation. But dang, that quad was amazing. I may be too optimistic but I'm feeling pretty good about Peng's jumps. If she's doing them this well with an injury, she could just as well rock them when she's fully recovered(their gp assignments are a bit tough, but they're the two latest ones so she should be good to go by then). She's quite good with triples, I felt like she was just wonky on the axel technique/takeoff. She just needs to hold it together mentally/have confidence in comp.

Hopefully it's consistent! It looks consistent right now since they seem to be landing it left and right and center, but whether they can maintain that in international competition is a bit different. They've done it before so at least they've got some experience in that field. I'm still really apprehensive of Cheng's jumps mainly because of that video of their LP, but yeah it's still early and she still has to heal.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hopefully it's consistent! It looks consistent right now since they seem to be landing it left and right and center, but whether they can maintain that in international competition is a bit different. They've done it before so at least they've got some experience in that field. I'm still really apprehensive of Cheng's jumps mainly because of that video of their LP, but yeah it's still early and she still has to heal.

S/H's early attempts in competition were quite good from what i remember. I think they just two-footed it most of the time. Hopefully Cheng is feeling more confident about her jumps- that's the only thing, I think. I remember the 3t at skate america looked great, right up to the point where she [didn't] land it. Which was weird, since it looked good on takeoff and in the air, but seemed she had a mental-block of sorts? It got better as the season progressed(the 2a is a different story), though. I'm worried about Xuehan's jumps, especially since there aren't nearly as much updates on them as there are of the top 2 pairs.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
For those that are interested, Sui/Han's SP and a warm-up/practice video where they did two throw quads

thanks for the video!! i loveee it,they are using every bit and nuance of the music and Sui is so fierce, cant believe how mature she looks since worlds, it cant be just her hair, can it?? love their pair spin positions, hopefully they will be carefull with levels, it caused them medal at 4CC :hopelessness:
hey yyyskate, do you have nickname for sui?? but make it fierce :biggrin: