Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Two massive landslide victories :cheer: Both with over 50% of the vote! And they only competed twice this year. Glad to see that their programs had a lasting impact on the audience! (Also off topic, but I'm glad James/Cipres got 2nd place in both polls as well!)

madforskating

On the Ice
Two massive landslide victories :cheer: Both with over 50% of the vote! And they only competed twice this year. Glad to see that their programs had a lasting impact on the audience! (Also off topic, but I'm glad James/Cipres got 2nd place in both polls as well!)

Agree although I preferred Savchenko/Massot over James/Cipres tbh.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I noticed a while back that they would have qualified both JGP Final and GP Final in season 2010-11. Does anybody know if they were the 1st and only skater/team ever to achieve that? Obviously nowadays it is not possible to skate both JGP and GP events but back then it was allowed.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm actually not sure! It's definitely not common these days. I don't mind looking around to see if anyone else has achieved that!

Perfume

Match Penalty
I hope they will save their SP for next season.
I am not fond of their LP though, please a new one.

Moaray

Rinkside
they will have 2 new programs in Olympic,
they don't leak any information liked music choices or new difficult elements related to their new programs, but they described it in three terms to the media;The Best In History, The Most Difficult To Skate, The Most Innovative In Style.What's more, They try very hard to make the programs perfectly combine the skating and presentation skills of Ice dance and pairs program,which is something they are dreaming of

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
they will have 2 new programs in Olympic,
they don't leak any information liked music choices or new difficult elements related to their new programs, but they described it in three terms to the media;The Best In History, The Most Difficult To Skate, The Most Innovative In Style.What's more, They try very hard to make the programs perfectly combine the skating and presentation skills of Ice dance and pairs program,which is something they are dreaming of

Wow. Can't wait to see them. If any Pair can achieve such ambitious goals, it's Sui/Han.

Moaray

Rinkside
Talk like champions. :2thumbs:

Can you link to the source? A video or an article?

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/figureskating/2017-04-27/doc-ifyetwsm0661711.shtml
我们希望引领一个时代”——隋文静/韩聪 We hope to lead a new era -----By Sui/Han

距离平昌冬奥会还有不到一年的时间,隋文静和韩聪已开始新节目的编排。他们透露,新节目就是冲着冬奥会冠军的目标编排的,难度很大,但将是两人这些年最好看的两套节目。They have started to choreograph their new programs before the Olympic season, they revealed that new programs are for Olympic gold medal and very difficult to skate, but they will be the best programs for them in their career.
  这对配对10年的搭档对花样滑冰寄予的期望不仅是在奥运会和世锦赛上争金夺银,他们还希望给双人滑这个项目带来一些改变。
The expectations and ambitions of this couple with 10-years-partnerships are just not only for standing the podiums in big international events,they hope that they can bring something new to this sport.

“我们想把双人滑做出更高的艺术境界,”韩聪26日坦言,“我想把双人滑做成和冰舞差不多的感受,以前我看不懂冰舞,看了想睡觉,现在我看冰舞比看男单、女单都要刺激,我觉得他们告诉我的是一个故事。”
'We want to bring the pairs skating into a higher artistic level.' Han Cong said,'I want to let the pairs skating have the similar vibes and feelings as ice dance. In the past, I would sleep while watching Ice dance because I didn't know anything about it, but I think It is more exciting than the single skating nowadays, and it tells a story.'
  “当然两个项目毕竟不同,但我想如果我能在双人滑中使用冰舞的技术,比如,如果我能在连接上减少压步,在做一个托举前,我能起到很好的速度,并且流畅地做出托举,如果能达到那个境界,就好像冰舞和双人滑融合在一起。”韩聪并不是纸上谈兵,他从去年就开始学习现代舞,提高自己的协调能力和肌肉力量。
'Of course they are the separated and different disciplines, but I think if I can apply the techniques of ice dance to pair skating, for example, reducing crossover while doing transitions, doing a good lift with good speed and flow, it will look like the combination of Ice dance and pair if I can achieve that level.'It is not a empty talk for Han, he has started to learn contemporary dance since last year for improving his ability of balance and muscle strength.

他说:“从2010年温哥华冬奥会教练那个时代(申雪/赵宏博)双人滑就是这个样子,2014年索契冬奥会和现在还都是停留在那个阶段,但是时代在变,虽然目前规则没有变,但是我在想怎么提升这个项目,不能等着其他人变了,我再变,而是我想要引领这个变化。”
He said' From 2010 to 2014, from 2014 to today, pairs skating doesn't go through any change.But the time has changed, even though there is no change in current rules, I still want to upgrade this sport. I can't wait for the change, I want to lead the change.'

隋文静和韩聪是申雪/赵宏博、庞清/佟健、张丹/张昊之后中国双人滑最突出的一对选手,两人不仅有技术,比赛中也富有表现力和感染力,是平昌冬奥会的夺冠热门。
Sui Wenjing/Han Cong is the stand-out couple in Chinese pair skating after Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong and Zhang/Zhang, not only they have the skills, but also they are so good at presentation and performance. They are the hot favor of the gold medal in 2018 winter Olympic.
Sorry for my poor English and translation skills, I hope everyone can understand.:drama:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you Moaray. This is a great read and I'm very impressed by Cong's courage and ambition. I believe they will change Pairs as they aspire to do. He talks like a leader and he will lead. I've always sensed a strength of character from him and now I have no doubt.

Go Sui and Han! Make history! 加油!

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love how they emphasize combing artistry and athleticism. So much of the sports direction seems to be going towards difficult elements and tech content. But hearing Sui/Han discuss being like ice dancers and touching audiences artistically makes me have faith! Go for it Sui/Han, and lead a new era of pairs skating! :cheer:

dppai

Rinkside
Thinking of their new programs will be even better than "Blues for Klook" & "Bridge over Troubled Water", oh, how exciting~

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My first thought was "Is it really possible that their programs can be better than last year's "Blues" and "Bridge"?" I loved both of those SO much. Sounds like we are in for a real treat in the upcoming season.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My first thought was "Is it really possible that their programs can be better than last year's "Blues" and "Bridge"?" I loved both of those SO much. Sounds like we are in for a real treat in the upcoming season.

It's hard to imagine better programs but they have kept coming up with something impressive every season. And the new programs must be so amazing that they don't mind resting Blue Bridge. May they never cease to amaze us.

firal

Record Breaker
So happy to hear what they have in store for the next season! They are one of the few teams who I love their previous programs but at the same time want to be spoiled and wowed with new ones. :laugh:

Thanks for all the updates.