Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations! The LP of the night for me, which is saying something considering how good all of the Top 4 were.

I think we understand the drill now: Sui, Han, remember to crash out at 4CC every year so you can do well at Worlds. :laugh: If you feel too embarrassed to fall on your butts, just bribe the tech panel to invalidate your pairs spin. I hate to treat 4CC as a B-level competition, but whatever gets these two to deliver at Worlds... :cheer:

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm so beyond happy for them. Got so emotional when I saw Sui cry, it's been a challenge for them these few years, 4th worlds at 19 and 22 in pairs... same age as some of the teams making their senior debut(and younger than T/M:shocked:)! getting ill in 12-13 and missing olympics must have been hard. They will be the leaders of the younger generation of pairs. :)
Yeah, so strange to say "the future is now" and "it's been a long time coming" at the same time. They're so young, and I still feel like their first World medal came later than it should.

As happy as I am to witness P/T's last hurrah, and to see them skate so well... I'm oddly at peace to see them medal behind S/H at Worlds (and P/Z at 4CC). The torch has officially been passed, and Chinese pairs are in good hands.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yeah, weird, when they skated great at 4cc in '12 and '14, they didn't do so great at worlds... maybe we should hope for so so skates at 4cc, since they have gold medals there already! :laugh:
and what a great picture... :love:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Meiln9255/status/581116208549769217/photo/1
To be fair, their 2012 Nice LP is pretty amazing. It just didn't score well because everything was was rough/wild, plus they missed a lift entirely. I don't think I've ever seen a pairs team skate with such abandon and daring. Then there's the partial standing ovation from the crowd and the boos at their scores. :laugh:

s_parks

Record Breaker
To be fair, their 2012 Nice LP is pretty amazing. It just didn't score well because everything was was rough/wild, plus they missed a lift entirely. I don't think I've ever seen a pairs team skate with such abandon and daring. Then there's the partial standing ovation from the crowd and the boos at their scores. :laugh:

Yeah, I still love watching it. So exciting, got a standing ovation(including surya and gwendal, no less) with a not too clean skate. :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched CBC, :cry: great, great commentary. they said S/H's performance is the performance of the night.:bow:

Macassar88

Medalist
They were the only top team that didn't have mistakes
I agree with the BESP commentators that they may not have been ready for their LP music yet, but I really like them as a pair and their SP is so much fun! Hope they are successful with the quad throw next year - their throws are all amazing!

Meoima

Match Penalty
They were the only top team that didn't have mistakes
I agree with the BESP commentators that they may not have been ready for their LP music yet, but I really like them as a pair and their SP is so much fun! Hope they are successful with the quad throw next year - their throws are all amazing!
Their throw in the SP was just :jaw: amazing!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope they will not push themselves too hard next season and save energy for the latter 2 seasons of the quads. They can build momentum gradually. I am so sad to see their PCS so low but for sure next season their PCS will get higher and higher if they're consistent.

BounceAround

On the Ice
CBC, loved their performance to this music, they got the choreo as well.

I think the choreography for both programs is fabulous as well! I don't agree with B.ESP on this one. I respect the B.ESP commentators because they are honest and speak their minds, but I find their opinions on choreography objectionable at times.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
WTT isn't over yet, but unless something crazy happens in the coming days, this will probably be my moment: https://twitter.com/chaaaotic/status/588979359093919745/photo/1 Sui steals Han's crown--because she doesn't just want to be queen, she wants to be king.

There's also the fact that they skated a clean SP, outright won the segment, and for one happy, golden moment, had Team China in fourth place. But Sui and her crown are the important part. :biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So happy to see S/H in first place after the SP! I'll be sad to see it go, it was my favorite pairs program this season.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
FSU user feraina translated two awesome articles, one after WC 2015 and one after WTT 2015!

Check it out here :)

They're so funny and playful.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
WTT isn't over yet, but unless something crazy happens in the coming days, this will probably be my moment: https://twitter.com/chaaaotic/status/588979359093919745/photo/1 Sui steals Han's crown--because she doesn't just want to be queen, she wants to be king.

There's also the fact that they skated a clean SP, outright won the segment, and for one happy, golden moment, had Team China in fourth place. But Sui and her crown are the important part. :biggrin:

I loved their playfulness with the crowns. :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
FSU user feraina translated two awesome articles, one after WC 2015 and one after WTT 2015!

Check it out here :)

They're so funny and playful.

thanks!! i love them more and more, and how he admits she is THE BOSS! she finds every oppotunity to overtalk him, like when he said he paid for the stuff they used to cheer and she said its not him who actually paid but they are given extra money for those , or when she answered the question that asked to Han :laugh:
sky is the limit for them, adding another quad and their PCS is higher now(and rightly so), so excited for next season, i hope they will have amazing programs without losing their personalities