Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i cant believe we will finally see them compete, cant wait for tomorrow, it looked so good during nationals so excited to see programs fully!! :yahoo::love: and Jackie's reports says Sui has more pop for her jumps than before! :hap57:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I'm glad to see them skate again :hap93: (except for Chinese Nats, was a very long wait)

To wait for Sunday to enjoy FD :hap10:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm excited for the FS! Can't wait to finally see their program in competition.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
apart from the fall what a great perofrmance!! so happy to have them back, compared to last season pairs wasnt enjoyable at all apart from few team, i guess its normal when you have too many injured/retired/split teams, i am even more excited for their LP which i think has potential to rival BOTW, and have to talk about that gorgeous lift!! OMG!! i love it :love::love: final position change leaves me speechles, the strenght it requires must be huge but Han does it so effortlessly, no wonder he is the best male pair skater right now (at least for me:biggrin:)

now onto Empress, i really disliked her costume, both color and proportions didnt help her at all, it makes her look shorter and outdated, there i said it :slink: and what with her tights?!?! sorry Wenjing, i love you but i felt betrayed this one time :slink:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated their OP. It lacked last two seasons' info. The results table still needs to be finished (from 2014/15 season downward), but will do that tomorrow. Enjoy :)

GGFan

Record Breaker
I absolutely adore that program! :yahoo: Praying that they can skate it clean at Worlds because it is a masterpiece! :bow:

Minor pet peeve: why do they always have to come up with innovative spins that lose them levels! :ddevil:

oly2018

Final Flight
I absolutely adore that program! :yahoo: Praying that they can skate it clean at Worlds because it is a masterpiece! :bow:

Minor pet peeve: why do they always have to come up with innovative spins that lose them levels! :ddevil:

I appreciate their attempts to be creative with the spin, but I selfishly want to see what would happen if they truly maximized every single point.

oly2018

Final Flight
Overall, I have enjoyed this season of pairs skating, but I am SO SO glad they are back. To me, they are the definition of a pair on ice and it is just next level compared to what we are seeing from other teams.

GGFan

Record Breaker
No tomatoes please: can someone convince them to go back to Blues for Klook. That along with the free would be a compelling package!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I posted in the pairs FS but I thought it was worth mentioning again here!

Sui/Han's FS is something special. You know it's going to be good when the audience gives a big cheer to their breathtaking opening move only 5 seconds into the program!
The final result was honestly a nailbiter but I agree with the placements. KMT/MM were so great to see in person - so much speed and definitely more confidence. but there's something just special with S/H and their FS this season that makes it seem like there's just no choice but to reward them with gold. So much innovation is there - like the Throw straight into the death spiral on the same blade, to the extremely unique combination spin, to the dynamic step sequence. We could all tell that they weren't at their best, but even when not at their best they were the class of the field. I'm hoping that they can keep this program into the next season if they don't skate it to their full potential this season. I sense something special with it.

Finally, I love the interview that Sui/Han gave, in English! at the end of the free skate. Cong wished everyone a happy new year, the interviewer was about to dismiss them, and then Sui jumped in to wish all athletes in skating a happy and healthy year! It was so sweet to watch, I'd love if there was a video somewhere.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
OH MY GOD! what a brilliant program:love::luv17: there are so many higlights like everyone said, the way she kept her running edge into death spiral after throw sal :love: last minute of the program with 2 lifts back to back, increased speed as music gets more intense even though its at the end of the program :luv17: masterpiece! lack of training is obvious but can you imagine when they are fully trained?!?!?! i cant wait :yahoo: loved Wenjing's costume this time:biggrin: and Han's hair is on point!! also Han hugging his coach with heart shaped pillow must be one of the cutest thing ever :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The event itself, wasn't the best, and neither was their skate, but it was so, so good anyway! :love: Even with mistakes, I couldn't take my eyes of them! My crush on Cong is getting bigger, and bigger every year... :eek:: Their hug after the skate was so sweet, I was actually jealous of Wenjing, because I want to be hugged by Cong as well!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Their skating, and LP in particular, is the highlight of figure skating these days for me. Not perfect, but looking this good after so little training, I'm excited for them for worlds.

S/H HAVE to win worlds, and they HAVE to skate that gala as the closing piece for the exhibition event. I don't care how it happens. They're the best skaters in existence currently.

Because in a world with real scoring, they should be getting more PCS for it, covering up for the deficit, instead of the 0.1 that the judges think is appropriate.

Bcash

Final Flight
I wonder what their off-ice training regime is like. How has her rehabilitation been worked into it, and whether they considered new ways of lower body strength training for her, so that she can have more elevation in the jumps.

gossipcow

Rinkside
A belated congratulations on their latest 4CC win. I really enjoyed their FS, despite how rough it was, I loved the build up in intensity in the 2nd half of the program. Also really enjoyed their exhibition program, very nice flow and ambience. Still meh on their SP, but I do like the outfits.

I hope they continue to shake off the rust in the month before Worlds. I want them on the podium, preferably on top!