Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
some pictures of Wenjing, Zijun and Peng, i love the new hair!! and they are imitating " Kabedon" scene as well, though i am surprised Wenjing is the one being kabedonned since she is the queen :laugh:
i cant wait to see them next season already! have they ever done senior b or other events before season starts?

s_parks

Record Breaker
some pictures of Wenjing, Zijun and Peng, i love the new hair!! and they are imitating " Kabedon" scene as well, though i am surprised Wenjing is the one being kabedonned since she is the queen :laugh:
i cant wait to see them next season already! have they ever done senior b or other events before season starts?

:laugh: they're adorable. Love the new hair as well. I don't think chinese pairs do senior b's, that's one of the problems with the chinese fed. :/ I feel they'd be better prepared for the season if they did one. Anyways, I'm glad they got CoC this season- hope they can pull off a win there.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
finally could watch new EX number and i absolutely love it part where she is spinning and he catches her and spins together (not sure how to explain it exactly haha), they were doing sth similar as transition for their pair spin for their LP as well, i love it !! they are keep getting better and more mature and making me really excited for them, they are the complete package :love: i cant wait for the ice show, hopefully we will get to see one of their new programs :cheer:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
According to a post at FSU, Sui and Han's new FS is to Sampson and Delilah

Quoting a post from this thread --> http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/chinese-skating-updates-and-reports.85187/page-26

For the Sui/Han fans, their free skate this upcoming season will be to Samson and Delilah. Choreographed by Lori Nichol of course.
Source: http://t.cn/RLDSHkU

Han Cong says both of their programs this year are about love. Also included are their explanations for their new programs, the throw quad salchow, and what they feel going into the new competition season.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
insightful interview, I will translate their explanation about programs and tech element.
about SP:
Cong: Both two new programs are about love. SP romance is a romantic story, about two people fall in love then separated. That sense of here and far away. Lori, hope us to interpret using our hearts. And encourage us to get involved in the process of choreo, design some moves by ourselves. She also shared with us how to present a program. such as how to use every joint, She let we dance in the music (possibly improvise). And in the meanwhile some moves will be created that can be used in our programs. (NB: intellectual involvement in choreo)

Sui: the first half of SP is syrupy/clingy. interpret the sweet part of love. the second half, we will have some quarrel. we need to show some intense feelings. I think the variation of emotion of our SP will be intriguing.

about FS:

Cong: S&D is a Biblical tale. it is a tragic love story. I will act the role of Samson. and Suit will be Delilah. But in our program, in the end they are together. it is a "happy ending" people hope for. this is the difference from the original story (NB: happy ending)

Sui: We has watched the opera. My role Delilah is a very smart and beautiful girl.She also used her intelligence and beauty tricked Samson to tell his secret. But we also have our new take on this story. We also watched OG champ Davis/White's S&D. Since we are in different discipline. so there is no such comparison. Theirs is a great program to learn and draw inspiration from.

about quad throw.
Sui: it is still work in process. if we can master it better in training,we will have more confident about it in competition, after all, we had trained it when we were younger. we has some grasp of this element. we hope coaches could give us a little more instruction technically. Consistency I believe could be expected.

about new season:
sui: we have got some good results, but it's already past. it is the same for every athlete . we all return to the starting line for every next competition. i DONT feel any pressure (from past reputation) instead, my confidence is stronger than before, because we did our best at last worlds.I think it is instrumental to our confidence as well as presentation.I think fans also saw our improvement.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Can't wait for the whole program! It looks awesome. And I live for Sui's ever confident landing.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Can't wait for the whole program! It looks awesome. And I live for Sui's ever confident landing.

Same! I kind of rolled my eyes when I heard 'Samson & Delilah' as I played the videos, but it looks good! Hopefully they can end their program on the beat unlike their 'Stray Cat Strut' SP which was almost never ended correctly, haha.

Sui's landings are really impressive though! Even in that Alexa/Chris video that TSL did, Alexa gives major props to Sui and learning about how to land jumps from her and being confident and selling it.

When a competitor can give genuine compliments about how well you do things, you know you're good!

Team Sui & Han for World Champions!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Same! I kind of rolled my eyes when I heard 'Samson & Delilah' as I played the videos, but it looks good! Hopefully they can end their program on the beat unlike their 'Stray Cat Strut' SP which was almost never ended correctly, haha.

Sui's landings are really impressive though! Even in that Alexa/Chris video that TSL did, Alexa gives major props to Sui and learning about how to land jumps from her and being confident and selling it.

When a competitor can give genuine compliments about how well you do things, you know you're good!

Team Sui & Han for World Champions!

Haha, yep, I saw the video! Not a bad idea to channel Sui (as she phrased it) on your throw landing. :biggrin: Same, I don't care for the music, but the choreo itself is looking great. Hope they can continue to surprise people this season.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yyyskate, i never thanked you for translating the article even though i read it long ago, so thanks!!
and thanks for the videos pyri_mids, unfortunately i couldnt watch the video, just small clips, i cant wait to see them at GP :cheer: since Chinese Fed doesnt send their skaters to Challenger Series or Senior B :disapp::sarcasm::scowl:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Still haven't watched the videos yet (I'm at the airport and have maxed out my 1 hour free wifi haha), but I'm anticipating it from all the reactions so far! I also hope they end on time :D

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
My Pairs Queen!!! :love: please land it at competitions too :cheer: but dont overtrain and dont hurt yourself :cheer: