2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I'm confused- is it starting in four hours or 28 hours? Ice Network has this schedule posted:

Tomorrow at 3:00am Short Dance
Tomorrow at 4:30am Ladies Short Program
Tomorrow at 6:30am Men's Short Program
Tomorrow at 8:30am Pairs Short Program

Since it's 11:30 pm EST on Nov 5th, does that mean it happens in just a few hours, on the 6th, tomorrow?

Any help welcome!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Are you sure that is the start order or just the entry list???? It looks a bit odd for a start order.

I agree, very odd for a start order, mainly because Polina is in the first group even though she is ranked in the top 10 in the world. Why is Christina Gao in group 2 and Polina in Group 1?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I agree, very odd for a start order, mainly because Polina is in the first group even though she is ranked in the top 10 in the world. Why is Christina Gao in group 2 and Polina in Group 1?

Because in the ISU World Standings, Gao is #21 and Edmunds is #32.

"The starting order in the Short Program/Short Dance segment will be the reverse order of the ISU World Standing placements," per the announcement for the GP series.

So Edmunds' placement at Worlds is irrelevant to the starting order.

... Ice Network has this schedule posted:

Tomorrow at 8:30am Pairs Short Program ...

Yikes, what a dumb move on the part of IceNetwork. Using "Tomorrow" instead of a date is bound to cause confusion. :bang:
(Glad you already got your answer.)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Because in the ISU World Standings, Gao is #21 and Edmunds is #32.

"The starting order in the Short Program/Short Dance segment will be the reverse order of the ISU World Standing placements," per the announcement for the GP series.

So Edmunds' placement at Worlds is irrelevant to the starting order.

Yikes, what a dumb move on the part of IceNetwork. Using "Tomorrow" instead of a date is bound to cause confusion. :bang:
(Glad you already got your answer.)

Thanks so much, Golden411, both for explaining the start order and sympathizing re the Ice Network confusion! I love the head into wall emoticon. It is so expressive and captures perfectly how I felt as I was frantically searching US to China time conversions etc and trying to figure out when this competition would be aired!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks so much, Golden411, both for explaining the start order and sympathizing re the Ice Network confusion! I love the head into wall emoticon. It is so expressive and captures perfectly how I felt as I was frantically searching US to China time conversions etc and trying to figure out when this competition would be aired!

Looking ahead to the GPF, an asterisk re starting order:

9.3 Special Regulations for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Skaters/Couples will start the Short Program/Short Dance in reverse order of the ranking order in which they have qualified for the Final. In the case of a tie, there will be a draw to determine who skates first.
The skating order for the Free Skating/Free Dance portion is the reverse order of the ranking order in the Short Program or the Short Dance.​

Alba

Record Breaker
Someone is trying to take picture of Yulia in airport. She tells them to back off by crossing her arms
http://38.media.tumblr.com/1fe5319a8316793bcfdf91c68feb44ad/tumblr_nelgzumDTg1rqryl2o1_250.gif

That was the Japanese TV who was trying to take an interview. :biggrin:
This is the report: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29elrx_1106-グモニ_sport?start=22

The narrator says that Julia looked unhappy because her plane's arrival was late by two hours.
But she did took pictures and signed autographs for the fans though. :biggrin:

MalAssada

Medalist
I love how she briefly looks at the cameras as if saying "Try and see what I'll do". That "NO" was adorable :love:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm confused- is it starting in four hours or 28 hours? Ice Network has this schedule posted:

Tomorrow at 8:30am Pairs Short Program

Since it's 11:30 pm EST on Nov 5th, does that mean it happens in just a few hours, on the 6th, tomorrow?

Any help welcome!

I am pumped. I do think Julia is in big trouble though with her boots and might not podium. Interesting the schedule - the two chinese strongest events are last - coincidence????

MalAssada

Medalist
I was supposed to be sleeping in order to wake up at 5am tomorrow, but here I am, 11pm, worried about skaters and with their soundtracks in my head :bang:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was supposed to be sleeping in order to wake up at 5am tomorrow, but here I am, 11pm, worried about skaters and with their soundtracks in my head :bang:

Sleep well. Everything happens for a reason ;)

I too have a few songs infesting my inner ear.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The competition is in my time zone. But I am afraid I will be too anxious and too scared to watch live.

Alba

Record Breaker
The competition is in my time zone. But I am afraid I will be too anxious and too scared to watch live.

I thought I was "cured". :disapp: :biggrin: And I don't even care that much about GP's.