2014 Skate Canada GALA / Exhibition | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada GALA / Exhibition

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Sui/Han were a lot of fun and wow Anna was just stunning, the costume change shocked me but maybe she should use a hat instead of a wig because it's a bit awkward looking

Ashley, I like her flirtiness but the choreography is meh, Liam, I liked his performance and his skating is so smooth

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The lighting was horrific. OMG I am surprised Liam didn't fall - there is dramatic lighting but this was poorly done you could barely see some of the skaters 1/2 the time or more. Dangerous too. Someone could have got injured. You would think just because it was not in a big city they would bring in someone to consider show lighting and stuff.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Agree. For Sui & Han, most of the time the light is one of them, and there were two spot lights there:scowl:

The lighting was horrific. OMG I am surprised Liam didn't fall - there is dramatic lighting but this was poorly done you could barely see some of the skaters 1/2 the time or more. Dangerous too. Someone could have got injured. You would think just because it was not in a big city they would bring in someone to consider show lighting and stuff.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
He didn't skate. Neither did Menshov. Hence, Amodio got an invite. And, really, Florent's footwork plus personality blew practically everyone away. Likewise with Zhiganshina & Gazi's zombie program. Perfect for Halloween.

They won the crowd. No medals required.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
He didn't skate. Neither did Menshov. Hence, Amodio got an invite. And, really, Florent's footwork plus personality blew practically everyone away. Likewise with Zhiganshina & Gazi's zombie program. Perfect for Halloween.

They won the crowd. No medals required.

"Hence" is not the correct word. :no:
Seems pretty obvious that the invites to Amodio and Firus came at the expense of Carriere and Menshov. If you're saying that Carriere and Menshov declined invitations to skate in the gala, where did you get that information?

Understandable to me that Skate Canada would choose Firus as one of its own.

Amodio did not blow me away. I have nothing against him in general, but would have preferred Carriere at this particular gala.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't finished watching the Gala yet (I've got as far as Miyahara), but I don't want to wait to make this comment.

Much as I have always loved Zhiganshina/Gazsi's strange routines, and much as I loved their "Zombie Dance" routine when it was their FD, it just doesn't have the same impact now that Alexander has shaved his head.

So, my advice would be to either retire the "Zombie Dance" and their other old routines, or else get a receeding-hairline wig for Alexander!

CaroLiza_fan

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Anna P is again stunning!!! I bet it looks more stunning watching it live with the glittering light and her glittering dress and hair!
Javi and Mura almost made me fell in love with two men at the same time:love: Especially I think Javi is putting more effort on his skating, while Mura again showcased dynamic 4T, 3A and 3Lz, this is really something rarely seen in exhibition.
As someone who's seriously addicted to Plants vs Zombies, I love Sui/Han's program, so fun to watch.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wait, we wuzrobbed of gala Carriere? In favour of sleazemodio? WUZROBBED!

:cry:

I'm also feeling wuzrobbed that we got Max's Black Betty again. I mean, it's fun (especially if you go back to the original and compare how stretched out the shirt and jeans are then compared to now :eek:: ), but I kinda wanted to see that show number again to the stupid One Direction song.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wait, we wuzrobbed of gala Carriere? In favour of sleazemodio? WUZROBBED!

:cry:

I'm also feeling wuzrobbed that we got Max's Black Betty again. I mean, it's fun (especially if you go back to the original and compare how stretched out the shirt and jeans are then compared to now :eek:: ), but I kinda wanted to see that show number again to the stupid One Direction song.

LOL ... maybe someone from Team Max had read all your previous comments about his One Direction ex, and advised him that one of his biggest fans on the planet was not loving it. ;) :laugh: JK.

In any case, happy to see that Max always has a blast when he skates to Black Betty. ETA: And I for one am happy to see his curls again. ;)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Pogorilaya, wow - great Ex, she's some kind of magician - I was like, waitaminute! What just happened to her costume?!

Sui/Han, very entertaining :-D

Zhiganshina/Gazsi - perfect for halloween, and I think the zombie dance is actually enhanced by his shaved head...!

Wigs and bandanas for the 80's rock/metal fnale was GENIUS! :-D

firal

Record Breaker
Love that Javier did a completely different number compare to his old EX superJavi. I know people were saying how he does that comedic/energetic best, but I thought he was really good with this style too.