2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Although this event won't be as interesting as ice dance (you have Chock/Bates, Ruslena, Niktoria, and other countless medal-worthy pairs), I think the main question would be who is gunning for that silver medal...

Can't wait! :popcorn:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
i don't want to jinx so youn..

just hope for the best..

ugh I know what you mean! I want to place her on 2nd place right away but knowing that she's a bit unreliable sometimes, it's really tough where to place her. I'm probably putting her 3rd or fourth for this one just to see if she's more mentally secure with the pressure now on her to be Korea's next top skater

I'm not expecting her to do clean programs at all btw but I really don't want her to bomb away like in Sochi or in her JGP USA event

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I will cry of happiness if Mirai and So Youn make the podium! :clap:

The truth is, the battle for podium is wide open. But the chance is so big...

randomfan

Record Breaker
Are both of the Russian Marias good? If they aren't then So Youn and Mirai have good chances of winning silver and bronze. Gold will go to Anna Pogorilaya unless she messes up badly.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Are both of the Russian Marias good? If they aren't then So Youn and Mirai have good chances of winning silver and bronze. Gold will go to Anna Pogorilaya unless she messes up badly.

Here's how some of their programs look like. I would say they're part of the middle-tier group in Russia. Who knows what might happen in CoR though. Other than Anna for the gold, the rest of the medals can go to anyone. I think Maria S. and Maria A. would have to REALLY step up to get more recognized internationally and by RSF.

M. Artemieva SP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_tws0ryubc&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=25
M. Stavitskaya LP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmYNzYlJS0

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I wish they chose Nikol Gosviani as the replacement for Adelina, since she is such a lovely skaters with some unique qualities. Wonder what happened to her this year.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I wish they chose Nikol Gosviani as the replacement for Adelina, since she is such a lovely skaters with some unique qualities. Wonder what happened to her this year.

Nikol is also injured - she also withdraw from Rostelecom and Maria Artemieva replaced her

Alba

Record Breaker
Funny how the country with the best female skaters has the weakest GP.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Is it just my computer, or are the links for Nagasu's and Wang's bios not clickable?

Mangomango

On the Ice
Anna for gold and So Youn for silver!! (Would be amazing to see her on the podium)
Not sure about the bronze though... I think Rika Hongo or maybeeeee Mirai. But I feel like Mirai's skating is very heavy and slow now.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
My prediction:
Gold - Pogorilaya
Silver - Hongo
Bronze - Park

flutz16

Match Penalty
Pogorilaya has no pressure
even with bronze she'd still make the GPF not to mention this is a very weak field