2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Except Anna for gold, the rest of podium is really open. Not sure how much PCS Park is going to receive, or how many for URs Mirai. Since it is in Russia, I would guess European skaters will get certain level of "favor" from the judges.

flutz16

Match Penalty
Except Anna for gold, the rest of podium is really open. Not sure how much PCS Park is going to receive, or how many for URs Mirai. Since it is in Russia, I would guess European skaters will get certain level of "favor" from the judges.

same would get for European skaters in North America
but this is such a weak field that silver and bronze is very open

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Since CoC results were so unexpected, maybe the same for RC? Perhaps Pogo may not get the gold. I'm calling for an upset.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Pogorilaya has no pressure
even with bronze she'd still make the GPF not to mention this is a very weak field

Agreed. She would need a meltdown worse than Lip's at CoC to not make the GPF. She still needs to win though, because a loss to such a weak field is almost as bad -- plus it's a golden opportunity to establish herself as the Russian #1, and the only one with two GP wins (for now, given Radionova still has to compete).

No offense to the non-Russians, but I kinda wanna see the Russians sweep the GP this year, just for the ridiculousness of it all. :laugh: A shame Sotnikova had to pull out, because we could have ended up with 5 different winners - surpassing the Japanese men in the 2012-2013 GP circuit (although I guess Daisuke's GPF win makes 5 :biggrin:).

MalAssada

Medalist
No offense to the non-Russians, but I kinda wanna see the Russians sweep the GP this year, just for the ridiculousness of it all. :laugh: A shame Sotnikova had to pull out, because we could have ended up with 5 different winners - surpassing the Japanese men in the 2012-2013 GP circuit (although I guess Daisuke's GPF win makes 5 :biggrin:).

Don't worry, we have 4 more talented ladies coming up next year. Can you imagine a GPF made only by Russian ladies? Oh the drama, it's like RN a month earlier!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
MY prediction
1.Pogorilaya
2.Park
3.Nagasu, Hongo,Helgesson... Joshi is a real dark horse!

She is! I was hoping so much for her until she felt pain again in the Free Skate at Ondrei Nepala Trophy and then had to remove the screw in her foot. She writes in her blog that she is in so-so form, better and better. She is in pain jumping triple toeloop, so she can't do the 3-3. She has a pretty good lutz though, so who knows? Quick come back after her surgery. Reports that she skated her Short clean at a test skate. GO Joshi!

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm thinking it's going to be:

1. Pogorilaya: Even though her skating isn't nearly as pleasant as I'd like, the girl is a technical powerhouse. She won SC based on her jumps and I think the same thing will happen here. I honestly can't see anyone beating her (at home nonetheless) however stranger things have happened...

2. Park: If she can get through her SP cleanly I think it will really help her PCS. She has really strong technical content in the FS (3S-3T and 2A-3T) and even with a fall and downgrade on the 3L at SA she scored 60+ in TES. This could be her chance to put herself on the map for Korea...

3. Hongo/Nagasu: I'm leaning more toward Hongo based on her jumps but I think if both go clean Mirai will get the edge. Last year at COR Mirai managed to rotate all of her triples in both programs. Her situation was different last year (she'd been working with Mura for a few weeks) but hopefully she can get a similar result.

This is by far the weakest field so far. It'd have been much more exciting if Adelina were there but oh well...I wonder if she'll be in the building watching. Doesn't she train in Moscow?

Last edited:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Maria ARTEMIEVA
2 Maria STAVITSKAIA
3 Ashley CAIN
4 Eliska BREZINOVA
5 So Youn PARK
6 Miyabi OBA

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Angela WANG
8 Alaine CHARTRAND
9 Rika HONGO
10 Joshi HELGESSON
11 Mirai NAGASU
12 Anna POGORILAYA

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Funny how the country with the best female skaters has the weakest GP.

Hardly surprising... consider who was suppose to take part but withdraw due to injury. It would have been designed to be an easy event for her.

Anna looks really strong this year, I peg her for WC podium finish, and look forward to see how her PCS fairs at Russia nationals compare with Julia, Liza and Adelina.

I am less hopeful about Park than most of you, and will be gawking at her PCS like a hawk relative to the field. It is in Russia after all (plzplzplzzzzz proof me wrong), and we may have another European sweep + Mirai :p

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm also rooting for the Marias here!! Love skating of both. Unfortunately they are technically unstable. But if they hit their jumps, they can even medal here (especially Artemieva).

samson

Medalist
Oh man I can't decide if I'm going to stay up to watch the ladies short or not. I really want to see these ladies skate live but... 4 am. I would go to bed early but I've got a late night gig tonight. hmmmmmmmmmm

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh man I can't decide if I'm going to stay up to watch the ladies short or not. I really want to see these ladies skate live but... 4 am. I would go to bed early but I've got a late night gig tonight. hmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sleeping in. :)