2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14

torontonian

Rinkside
The Short Dance is scheduled for 10:00 am Eastern Time November 14

I think you instead mean Men's short program here. And is the time correct?

In any case, thank you so much for all of the helpful information that you have provided here and elsewhere! :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
To be fair, the Russians actually do appreciate big jumps and big quads. Apparently, unlike the Americans.

They also respect ballet training.

Max would be sent to Russian Ballet Boot Camp From Hell in no time.

And the announcer sure does like rolling the Rs on Arron.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:eek::

Corrections made.

Doris, thanks again for all the informative and well-organized GP threads.

They also respect ballet training.

Max would be sent to Russian Ballet Boot Camp From Hell in no time.

And the announcer sure does like rolling the Rs on Arron.

Max Aarrrron also respects ballet training. That's why he has been studying ballet in rrrrrecent years. :yes:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
How about his sister Maddie, the serious ballet student?

Maddie is not mean enough, but I agree she would not be sent to camp.

. . . maybe if she has some good sibling blackmail material she would be scary enough.

And now i feel the need to go rewatch Max and Maddie and listen for the Rrrrrs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max Aarrrron also respects ballet training. That's why he has been studying ballet in rrrrrecent years. :yes:

Also ballrrrrrrroom dancing :yes:

(I prefer the rolled "r" to the British Eurosport's "Air-ron".)

Here comes the "karne's heart" podium:

1. Artur
2. Max
3. Jason
(Stephen gets the fake pewter)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Very nervous for Artur. He got two tough events, and the first one didn't go very well... With Kovtun winning a GP (no matter how exceptional the circumstances), Menshov and Voronov staying in, and Pitkeev and Petrov as the future, Artur needs to bring it if he wants to make the Worlds/Europeans team.

EDIT: Almost forgot--Kozuka's here too. Another person who needs to fight if he wants to get back to his former glory... and make his country's World team, for that matter.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I like Artur, but I'd rather see Sergei on the podium because Artur's got no chance of making the GPF at this point. But yeah, it would be nice if Artur could at least redeem himself somewhat. And I'm worried about Javier with his tendinitis...the last thing I want to see is another skater skating badly because of an injury, or injuring himself further. :no:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Also ballrrrrrrroom dancing :yes:

(I prefer the rolled "r" to the British Eurosport's "Air-ron".)

"Air-ron" ?:rofl: Y'all are too funny! Great to see all this funny post and laugh over them! On a whole different tangent...forgive me people but I am new here and I can't help but ask...WHERE IS SKYFLY? I sure missed :)biggrin:) h/er/is ...not really, am curious to know! Am I breaking any GS law by writing this?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I like Artur, but I'd rather see Sergei on the podium because Artur's got no chance of making the GPF at this point. But yeah, it would be nice if Artur could at least redeem himself somewhat. And I'm worried about Javier with his tendinitis...the last thing I want to see is another skater skating badly because of an injury, or injuring himself further. :no:

Not to mention another Brian Orser skater with an injury. I am worried he is going to be subject to extra attention due to the events of COC on top of the fact that he likely is mentally affected by it more personally than the other skaters. While I would prefer skaters to protect their health, I would hate for there to be a push for Javiar to "set an example" or something. Sadly if he looks like he is in pain, a lot glares are likely going to be directed at Brian. I almost wish Hanyu would just withdraw from NHK and give the spot to Javiar so he can heal and fly under the radar this week.

peg

Medalist
I can't help but ask...WHERE IS SKYFLY? I sure missed :)biggrin:) h/er/is ...not really, am curious to know! Am I breaking any GS law by writing this?
Best to be careful. I used to hang out at a forum where simply typing the name of a certain banned poster was enough to get a person banned themselves. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Very nervous for Artur. He got two tough events, and the first one didn't go very well... With Kovtun winning a GP (no matter how exceptional the circumstances), Menshov and Voronov staying in, and Pitkeev and Petrov as the future, Artur needs to bring it if he wants to make the Worlds/Europeans team.

I'm soo rooting for Artur to skate well. Never mind winning, just skate well. He needs that more than anything.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:scowl: I want Javi to win this.

But I also want this GP series to be over asap after all the dramas.