2014 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate 11/08 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate 11/08

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The mistakes aside, that wasn't so bad from Hae Jim. Although there is still some significant gap to Yuna. Just trying to copy her probably wasn't the right approach, anyway.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I'm so sad about Christina. She had so much potential to be one of the best imo. :(
The time past now.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
When Christina totally popped her axel the commentator made a horrible "Ohhhh Eeeee!" screeching noise :p

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
I cannot watch from the live stream since my phone's Internet is really slow. Just keep refreshing and getting updates from the forum ;))

zamboni step

Final Flight
Christina Gao doesn't look ready for this event at all. She looks like someone relying completely on muscle memory to keep those jumps together rather than training, her technique used to be quite good and now it's just gone. Poor Christina. :frown:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Music: Once Upon a Dream by Linda Eder (+vocals)

White sparkly lace dress

3F - hard fall
3Lo - wanted to add +1T, hangs on
A
FSSp
1T+2T
3Lo+REP - twofooted
CCoSp3p
2S - stepout
StSq
3T
ChSq - ina bauer, spiral
LSp

Disaster skate, hope she's not injured from the start fall...

FS: 30.16+48.73-1.00 = 77.89, 125.04, 2nd (out of 4)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Agree with all that it is so sad about Christina, who is really quite a lovely skater and who once had such potential. That was an embarrassing program. She looked weak and wimpy- backing off jumps, etc. and I agree the music choice is awful. She said "sorry" to her coach as soon as she came off the ice. Amazing that Ashley Cain is moving up at least two places.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I'm so sad about Christina. She had so much potential to be one of the best imo. :(
The time past now.
I agree. She always has that special kind of flow in her movements, a bit like Alyssa. Unfortunately she also got a bit of Alyssa's jump problems. :disapp: