Thank you Tracy and Terry | Golden Skate

Thank you Tracy and Terry

yyyskate

Record Breaker
thanks, i can only "hear" their talking, it is Nam right now isnt it. reminds me of CBC:biggrin:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I totally prefer Tracy and Terry to Johnny and Tara. :agree:

Well, Terry has been commentating with Johnny and Tara and is great. So glad he's back on the figure skating beat. Today he's with Tracy who isn't as entertaining as Johnny and Tara but she does know her stuff.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
First time I watched full(lol) NBC coverage, nice commentary, but gosh so many adverts trought performances.....

yyyskate

Record Breaker
missed the ladies, but pleased with the commentary of the few mens that I watched. Hopefully, I could what it some place else just for the commentary.

emma

Record Breaker
I enjoyed them, too.

ETA: and I meant to say also that while I like Johnny and Tara (he more than she), I generally prefer two people commentator teams. Three just get a little too busy, for my tastes.

Last edited:
Thoroughly professional. For once the show is about the skaters, not the commentators.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Anyone else think it's weird that Tara and Johnny said they were covering all of the Grand Prix events and two weeks in they're already on a supposed vacation?

I actually preferred the team of Terry & Tracy to Tara/Johnny/Terry.

Amei

Record Breaker
Anyone else think it's weird that Tara and Johnny said they were covering all of the Grand Prix events and two weeks in they're already on a supposed vacation?

I actually preferred the team of Terry & Tracy to Tara/Johnny/Terry.

Yeah it's a little funny, I mean what do you need vacation from: for 6 weeks (right?) you are flown to locations around the world, you sit in a booth and watch an event - come up with semi-intelligent comments about the event and you go home.

I preferred Terry/Tracy, I think they need to take the Tara/Johnny/Terry team to a Johnny/Terry team - commentary is at it's best when it's minimal, 3 people in a booth - is too many voices trying to talk during performances.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Tracy Wilson has and will always be one of my favourite commentators. I'm from Canada, so I haven't heard much of her on NBC, but she used to always be with Kurt Browning and Brenda Irving on CBC (now Carol Lane is), but is still the commentator for CTV/ TSN which covers Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals.

I think the reason the TV network didn't send Johnny and Tara to China was to save money.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yeah it's a little funny, I mean what do you need vacation from: for 6 weeks (right?) you are flown to locations around the world, you sit in a booth and watch an event - come up with semi-intelligent comments about the event and you go home.....

I think the reason the TV network didn't send Johnny and Tara to China was to save money.

Did NBC send Gannon/Wilson to Shanghai?? :think:

Except for Skate America, I thought that NBC could not afford to send any on-air talent to any GPs. They record the commentary in the U.S.

I feel sure that NBC did not send Gannon/Weir/Lipinski to Kelowna.