Thank you Tracy and Terry | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thank you Tracy and Terry

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thoroughly professional. For once the show is about the skaters, not the commentators.

Yes--so much better and more professional than Tara and Johnny. Tracy actually points out how the skaters are skating and identifies what they are doing. Tara and Johnny often go silent for long stretches only to pipe up with some subjective comment about whether they like the program or not.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did NBC send Gannon/Wilson to Shanghai?? :think:

Except for Skate America, I thought that NBC could not afford to send any on-air talent to any GPs. They record the commentary in the U.S.

I feel sure that NBC did not send Gannon/Weir/Lipinski to Kelowna.

I'm sure they don't send the commentators to any competitions outside the US.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I totally prefer Tracy and Terry to Johnny and Tara. :agree:

I agree.

I don't mind Johnny & Tara once in a while, but I haven't really warmed up to them yet. I guess they still seem kind of new to this commentary thing to me, Johnny especially. He was still a competitive skater so recently it sounds weird to have him doing commentary already.

It appears that NBC has replaced Scott Hamilton & Sandra Bezic for the next Olympics with Johnny & Tara, though, so I'll guess they'll settle in.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thoroughly professional. For once the show is about the skaters, not the commentators.

While I don't mind the combination of Tara & Johnny, I was very impressed with Terry & Tracy for this reason.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I've always loved Terry, and I'm glad to see him back covering figure skating. Johnny & Tara I could do without, but they aren't completely unfortunate. I'm enjoying Tracy as well.