2014 Rostelecom Practice reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Practice reports

elif

Medalist
I think that they count all turns done on the circle, in moment when you finish a circle other turns are not counted - which means that Vika & Nikita's last three turns shouldn't be counted.

Thanks sisinka!:thumbsup:

noidont

Final Flight
Now I wish I&Z could have done a memorable program like the blues. Doesn't have to be perfect, but memorable. Their skating is better, but the FD program isn't.

As far as SK goes -- that was a mess despite Zueva's efforts trying to hide their weaknesses. Choreography quite interesting, chemistry ok, but the skating is not good. Speed is not there (fastest couple? really?). It looks labored because of Viktoria's bad technique. Nikita is slowed down by a lot. I could see Zueva's trying though. I could love this program if it were I/K skating to it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Umm, does anyone have news about the mens and ladies practices today?

Nobody cares about the others...it's all Ice Dance drama, all the dang day!

Just kidding. Actually I would like to hear reports regarding the men and ladies myself.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Can't believe there is no report about anything except I/Z vs S/K. I'm also very excited about the drama though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Please, any info on ladies?

Joining this chorus. Please the men?

Just photos, but seven pages of them from Thursday practices -- including some men and ladies, as well as dancers -- are here.

ETA, upon closer inspection, I see that some photos of pairs also are included within this big batch. :) :yes:​

This one captures a moment of the often-smiley Max and Jason both looking rather no-nonsense as they take the ice.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just photos, but seven pages of them from Thursday practices -- including some men and ladies, as well as dancers -- are here.

This one captures a moment of the often-smiley Max and Jason both looking rather no-nonsense as they take the ice.

Thanks for these pictures - I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering!

By the way - it's not just Jason & Max - Artur Gachinski also looks very, very serious. I guess he and the other Russian competitors will be under extra pressure here, as Jason & Gracie were at Skate America.... Although, with all the drama at the cup of China and the toss up nature of the mens competition here, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the men were on edge.

ETA not quite a practice report, but a preview by Jackie Wong:

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014-rostelecom-cup-preview-men

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Artur has the most on the line - the wrath of TAT, which he already experienced once :laugh:. Moris is not very consistent, but since he is so under the radar, maybe he could end up surprising everyone, like Carriere did at SC.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can I just say that Max's hair looks SO MUCH BETTER slicked back like that?! :love:

Because your very first GS post is about Max :), we'll let you say so. ;)

karne will be happy to agree, I would venture to guess. :yes: (Max looks good w/ the loose curls too, IMO.)

Thanks for these pictures - I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering!

By the way - it's not just Jason & Max - Artur Gachinski also looks very, very serious. I guess he and the other Russian competitors will be under extra pressure here, as Jason & Gracie were at Skate America.... Although, with all the drama at the cup of China and the toss up nature of the mens competition here, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the men were on edge.

ETA not quite a practice report, but a preview by Jackie Wong:

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014-rostelecom-cup-preview-men

:agree: Agree re all men taking Rostelecom seriously.

And thx for the preview, papagena.

Barb

Record Breaker
Definitly Zueva is exaggerating and I think she is not doing any favor to Nikita and Victoria with this. I really liked their spins.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Wow, so much negativity towards Nikita and Elena :slink: I don't like the music choice, but what we see in the video is not a bad program at all: good speed, some difficult transitions, good twizzles... Let's just wait for the competition! I just wonder how many times is Zoueva going to use that V/M lift again :laugh:

People wanted Nikita to live in denial forever and believe everything was great and wonderful with Elena.