2014 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate 11/15 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate 11/15

LRK

Record Breaker
:laugh2:

I hate them too. I couldn't stand the world cup in SA because of the vuvuzelas. :slink:

Yeah, I blame that World Cup for introducing the world at large to the vuvuzela... On the other hand, I don't understand those who heard them and thought: "Wow! I want one of those!"

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah, I blame that World Cup for introducing the world at large to the vuvuzela... On the other hand, I don't understand those who heard them and thought: "Wow! I want one of those!"

Me too! I could kill somebody who was near enough to me with that thing. :laugh2:

thoakun

Final Flight
Samkrut, I wonder what the Russian audiences think of A/R's interpretation of the Master and Margarita? They still have to work a lot on many areas, but I love their performance, probably because I love the novel. They're totally into their characters. M&M is not easy to interpret by any means, especially when you have only 4 minutes and certain number of elements to execute but given the nature of pair program, I think they've done a fantastic job.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Samkrut, I wonder what the Russian audiences think of A/R's interpretation of the Master and Margarita? They still have to work a lot on many areas, but I love their performance, probably because I love the novel. They're totally into their characters. M&M is not easy to interpret by any means, especially when you have only 4 minutes and certain number of elements to execute but given the nature of pair program, I think they've done a fantastic job.

I never saw them before and was pleasantly surprised - a promising couple. However, cannot say much about their M&M interpreation. I with my wife did not get it and argued whether it was Dracula or Adam's family. In fact the biggest distraction was her losing a feather so that the audience watched nervously if they were going to skate over it (actually, they almost did).

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
However, cannot say much about their M&M interpreation. I with my wife did not get it and argued whether it was Dracula or Adam's family.

For me, they were Margarita and Woland at the ball - great interpretation. I liked the way they used elements to highlight a story, in fact, I could easily understand the whole story. He was more powerfu than she, I think that's obvious - he's Woland (is it the way we write it in English? Or it's rather Voland, or somethning else?) and she's Margarita, he's a devil, she's, let's say, quasi-witch (simplification, but I hope you know what I want to say :p). Bulgakov's book is gorgeous and I'm so happy that we have somebody to perform it - instead of next Phantom of the Opera ;D

thoakun

Final Flight
I never saw them before and was pleasantly surprised - a promising couple. However, cannot say much about their M&M interpreation. I with my wife did not get it and argued whether it was Dracula or Adam's family. In fact the biggest distraction was her losing a feather so that the audience watched nervously if they were going to skate over it (actually, they almost did).

I didn't even know what they were skating to until I googled it, but I had a vague feeling during the performance, especially during the second half that he was portraying the devil or satan and she was a troubled woman selling her soul to the devil. The Addam's family are devilish in a more upbeat and delightful way and they're totally harmless ;). After rewatching A/R, they were definitely recreating the great ball at Satan's. Even though their skating quality is inferior to the top 2, their overall performance is still captivating. They've been together for like 6 months? Hope to see this FS skated to full potential.

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I didn't even know what they were skating to until I googled it, but I had a vague feeling during the performance, especially during the second half that he was portraying the devil or satan and she was a troubled woman selling her soul to the devil.

Well, I suppose that's what we can call "really good chroeography" :D Their skating quality is extremely good considering how short time thay had to make it to look so captivating and how high they aim. Just compare them with Leng/Shnapir and remember that L/S wre much better scored skaters with previous partners, especially him. Kristina didn't even attend any serious international events (her two previous partners were much weaker than she). And now they begun with triple twist, throw loop and flip, sbs triple jumps and very difficult lifts and spins. These two must be indeed determined :p Good for them. As for the start, it looks amazing ;)

Lota

Record Breaker
Ok, first of all, words cannot describe how much I love the program by Astakhova/Rogonov. Even with the mistake on the lift, I thought they were absolutely superb. And the fact that this is probably the last that we'll be seing of them and this program this season (apart from Russian nationals) is killing me :cry:

Tarasova/Morozov... Sigh... They have so much potential, but the free skate is a beast they aren't handling all that well. I really love them, but perhaps this isn't the best program for them? Well, maybe they will prove me wrong later on in the season.

And Stolbova/Klimov, not sure if aything needs to be said. I only question the choice of this music in English, but that's just me. Other than that, they were really just in a league on their own.

Sooo, the conclusion I've made after this event and the CoC — there are too many great Russian and Chinese teams. We should just let all of them skate at Worlds. The fact that some of my favourites won't be there is breaking my heart :cry:

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
Ok, first of all, words cannot describe how much I love the program by Astakhova/Rogonov. Even with the mistake on the lift, I thought they were absolutely superb. And the fact that this is probably the last that we'll be seing of them and this program this season (apart from Russian nationals) is killing me :cry:

It's always pleasant when I watch some skaters for the first time and wonder why I didn't hear of them before. Kristina performed at a maturity level far beyond her age. It often takes an awful long timed for some skaters to find the right partner and even more them to gel together. Sadly, I won't see A/R and my favorite Chinese pairs at Worlds :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker

I agree. That was a beautiful program. I love both their programs a lot.

Tarasova/Morozov... Sigh... They have so much potential, but the free skate is a beast they aren't handling all that well. I really love them, but perhaps this isn't the best program for them? Well, maybe they will prove me wrong later on in the season.

These two are really talented skaters and with so much potential indeed. I like their SP but not the LP.

And Stolbova/Klimov, not sure if aything needs to be said. I only question the choice of this music in English, but that's just me. Other than that, they were really just in a league on their own.

I love the program (both programs). But me too would've loved this with the french or italian version.
Anyway the english version is not bad at all. The singer is good.

thoakun

Final Flight
A/R - who knows?
And who are you favourite Chinese pairs?

Yu/Jin. They're 2nd at COC, but there's no guarantee they'll go to Worlds, won't they? I haven't been up to date with pairs for a while so fill me in? A/R has K/S, T/M and S/K above them and they've been together for 6 months anyway so I don't expect them to go to Worlds either.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
denny/frazier--great job too bad about being edge out

calalang/sidhu==believe in yourself. keep improving

leng/shnapir--keep it up / improving believe in yourselves

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin. They're 2nd at COC, but there's no guarantee they'll go to Worlds, won't they? I haven't been up to date with pairs for a while so fill me in? A/R has K/S, T/M and S/K above them and they've been together for 6 months anyway so I don't expect them to go to Worlds either.

I wouldn't count on A/R either, at least this season, but anything can happen :)
Why Yu/Jin should not go at Worlds? China have three spots, and the less plausible pair to go at this competition are Wang/Wang. So we'll probably see Xiaoyu and Yang in Shanghai :D

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Eventhough it was not flawless, I really love Astakhova & Rogonov's FS. Their interpretation is fantastic. Very exciting pair.
Stolbova & Klimov - amazing :love: I've rewatched their FS 4 times already. :)