Team Korea Youngsters | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

Kuan

Final Flight
After reeding this from dorispulaski on the So Youn fan thread:
"You might want to start a Team Korea Fan Fest thread! There are a lot of up and coming Korean skaters."

I think she is right and it´s time for a thread for the young and promising korean junior and novice skaters. :cheer: I will start with:

Junior Skaters

Da Bin Choi SP Lp She has awesome jumps and 3-3 combos, but needs to work on her prensentation. She finished 6th at Junior Worlds this year.
Hwi Choi Sp Lp The opposite. Need to work on her jumps. She has no consistent 3-3, but is a lovely skater. Love her Abba programm this year.
Kyu Eun Kim Sp Lp Very expressive girl. Her Interview with a Vampire programm is marvelous choreographed.

Novice Skaters

Yeri Kim Lp Very promising. At Asian Trophy this year she was on the podium togther with Yuna Aoki and Marin Honda. She came in second.
Jun Hwan Cha Sp He is very talented!!! Shoulders a little bit high and tense, but he has very good basics and is very expressive to the music. I am really looking forward to his progress the most :)

Certainly there are a lot of skaters I forgot to mention. Please feel free to complete the list.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I love Cha Jun Hwan. He's the most promising of the Korean men, imo. I too look forward to him improving this season, before his junior debut. :)

MiRé

Match Penalty
June hyung lee, a junior is skating at jgpf this season!!! He doesn't have a quad yet but we'll see......

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow really love Cha Jun Hwa's Danse Macabre, like this version of music very much (He is more musical than Veronov at his recent Danse Macabre), the drum really make a huge difference. Did he win?

Will he age eligible for PyeongChang? Good to see Korea has many promising youngs skaters. Keep up the good work!

MiRé

Match Penalty
Wow really love Cha Jun Hwa's Danse Macabre, like this version of music very much (He is more musical than Veronov at his recent Danse Macabre), the drum really make a huge difference. Did he win?

Will he age eligible for PyeongChang? Good to see Korea has many promising youngs skaters. Keep up the good work!

He did win Results.

And since he was born on 10/21/2001, he'll be 17 years old by 2018 Olympics, so I assume he is eligible

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Kind of looking forward to June hyoung Lee`s senior debut. He seems to be quite successful in the junior circuit.

Kuan

Final Flight
Jun Hwan Cha fs He is starting to try 3A, but I think it is too earlier for just 12 to practice it. :slink: Everything is refined in his performance. Expect to see how he compete at JGP next year.:party2:

He did really well. It is not easy for a 12 year old child to do a Rachmaninoff piece justice. :clap:
Is his FS from Merano Cup also available on You Tube now?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Eun Soo Lim sp 3ltuz 3f2t 2a. IMO, she also has amazing musical presentation and it seems that she has great height of her jump. It is so pity that she will miss Pyeongchang Olympics at her hometown.

A pity indeed. What's surprising though is how her jump technique got better from last season. Before, she had this iffy mule-kick for her toe jumps and now they look much nicer. She does need to work on them still as her lutz looks borderling flutzy and because she's not extending her leg enough to pick. The senior tech coaches are definitely paying attention to her due to the expressive presentation she has that the other youngsters lack (sadly).

Moreover, here are some of the skaters I am looking out for:
Im Ah Hyun (임아현)
LP
I feel so sad for her. She's one of the youngsters that I'm really fond of. Please conquer puberty!

Eun Su Yoon (윤은수)
SP
LP
This girl can jump! has nice SS, good presentation. She does need more consistency. Also praying for her to conquer puberty as she's getting a lot of URs in Ice Challenge.

And here are some of the younger ones (like Novice A/B to pre-novice) that I enjoyed watching as much as I can before puberty knocks on their door
Kim Ye Lim (김예림)
SP
LP
Liking her SP more than her LP. I'm wondering how she'll deal with puberty since she's relying a lot on rotation when jumping.

Park Go Eun (박고은)
LP
She hasn't competed lately, which I think is good. Here is her LP. Idk why but it's one of those programs that I keep on watching.

Leen Yoon Ji (이윤지)
LP
One of the rare young skater for team KOR who has lovely arms and good posture. She does need more speed but that will go with her naturally as she develops

Mo Ji Won (모지원)
LP
This girl is so much fun to watch. This version of her LP is longer than her first skate 5 months ago. You can see that she's more focused, hence her presentation was a bit lacking. Fun skater to watch though so look out!

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Not yet, but he only didn't do well for 3ltuz2t. However, I think he has great mental control that can be watched in his every competition. It's very important.

Good to know!! Protocol says so too!! :agree: But still want to watch it :)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Wow. Love Jun Hwan Cha's Danse Macabre ending pose! And he's doing the Yuna Camel! Love it. :)))

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
S. Korea actually has some young ice dance hopefuls. They are currently training in Canada.

Olivia Han and Grayson Lochhead:
Free Dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0x1zXtIp0A
Foxtrot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfdjWR_Vj7Y
Waltz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC0DMoqI-98

Han Na Kim and Corey Circelli
Free Dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKQYD1Qsig
Foxtrot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9YKaWVSFqA
Waltz- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5UuwlGbLI

Also, two singles skaters has joined to make an ice dance team. They are Ho Jung Lee and Alex Kam (?). They are currently training in the Vancouver Ice Dance Acadamy in Canada. FYI, I think Ingo Steuer is actually training a Korean pair as well but not a lot of info has been given out other than they're continuing to look for partners.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
keep up the good work people! thank you for the updates and infos.. i'm looking forward to the young skaters of korea...

hopefully there will be enough support from their own fed..

Last edited: