Team Korea Youngsters | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yep, he was in cfs since he was really little. He took up skating when he was in the 1st grade. :)

kinda surprised that there's no documentary about him (nor Sohyun....nor anyone) yet

I mean SY and HJ got some even before they competed in juniors but no companies are making up some for the recent ones (and I think the recent youngsters are on a better level than SY and HJ at their age :shrug:)

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
There's a news clip about Young YOU.
It introduce her as the youngest national team member of Korean sports ever (not only figure skating), and 10 years old marvel.
This news is short, so I tried to translate.

News translate:

She is just 141cm, 29kg, but she really know how to do difficult tripples.
Her spins are really good, because she has natural born flexibility.
She is now 10 years and 11 months old. She started to skate 5 years ago, after seeing Yuna Kim's performance.
She came back from Singapore to learn skate more. (I heard that she once lived in Singapore since she was really young.)
She is now practicing in Gwacheon Rink, which was Yuna Kim learned skating.
Young got on national team at January, by being ranked at 7th, at just 10 years and 7 months old. (Kor. figure skating national team=1~8th rank)
She became the youngest national team member among Korean history, including all kinds of sports events.

Interview: Young YOU: I feel really good to skate with national team mark on my shoulder already.

She's also good at presentation, not like her age, so she told as 'second Yuna Kim'.
Recently, she started to practice 3A.

Interview: Sung-mi HAN (Main coach of Young): She's so good at all kinds of aspects, like flexibility, speed, edges, jumps, spins, overall.

This 10 years old girl's dream is just one and clear.

Interview: Young YOU: Like Yuna Kim, I want to become an olympic gold medalist.

Add.
Her free skates at nationals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMh7HWS-xlI
She ranked on 6th place at this competition, just after Haejin Kim.(5th place)
Aaannd I found her exact birth month. She was born in May, 2004.

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
^^ Impressive, but I wouldn't compare her to Yuna just yet. Her presentation is not really there at all, and Yuna didn't really have much presentation at that age, either. I do like that she seems very confident, and it will be great to see her improve more. Will she even be old enough for 2018 though? She will be only 13, so I guess not, but maybe for 2022 Olympics.... so, a long way to go, but an exciting talent!! :love:

If I were KSU, I would be focusing all my money on Da Bin, because this girl can definitely jump - and perform - she just needs confidence! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFq43rLuos

dna5019

Final Flight
There's a news clip about Young YOU.
It introduce her as the youngest national team member of Korean sports ever (not only figure skating), and 10 years old marvel.
This news is short, so I tried to translate.

News translate:

She is just 141cm, 29kg, but she really know how to do difficult tripples.
Her spins are really good, because she has natural born flexibility.
She is now 10 years and 11 months old. She started to skate 5 years ago, after seeing Yuna Kim's performance.
She came back from Singapore to learn skate more. (I heard that she once lived in Singapore since she was really young.)
She is now practicing in Gwacheon Rink, which was Yuna Kim learned skating.
Young got on national team at January, by being ranked at 7th, at just 10 years and 7 months old. (Kor. figure skating national team=1~8th rank)
She became the youngest national team member among Korean history, including all kinds of sports events.

Interview: Young YOU: I feel really good to skate with national team mark on my shoulder already.

She's also good at presentation, not like her age, so she told as 'second Yuna Kim'.
Recently, she started to practice 3A.

Interview: Sung-mi HAN (Main coach of Young): She's so good at all kinds of aspects, like flexibility, speed, edges, jumps, spins, overall.

This 10 years old girl's dream is just one and clear.

Interview: Young YOU: Like Yuna Kim, I want to become an olympic gold medalist.

Add.
Her free skates at nationals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMh7HWS-xlI
She ranked on 6th place at this competition, just after Haejin Kim.(5th place)
Aaannd I found her exact birth month. She was born in May, 2004.
I'm very happy to see that there's a promising young girl to keep an eye on, but I think it's unwise (and unfair) for the KSU to already label her as the second Yuna Kim. The girl's only ten--let her develop her skills first and on her own terms. I'd hate for her to feel that kind of pressure before she even gets onto international competitive ice. That being said, I am excited about this. I like her attitude and hope she goes far. I'll keep her in mind. :)

And I agree about Choi--I think she has the technical goods, she just needs to work on her interpretation and gain some consistency. It still hasn't been announced whether she's moving to seniors yet, has it?

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
And I agree about Choi--I think she has the technical goods, she just needs to work on her interpretation and gain some consistency. It still hasn't been announced whether she's moving to seniors yet, has it?

She already made her mind to compete as senior in recent written interview.
She said that she will focus on senior competition for the upcoming season.

I think she can get 1 spot for GP events, and maybe she can compete at some senior B events. :)

dna5019

Final Flight

I think she can get 1 spot for GP events, and maybe she can compete at some senior B events. :)
Thank you!! :biggrin: Looking forward to it! :yay:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

and haejin's chance to compete in worlds just got slimmer

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks Hailey! she is really good for her age, have almost all the triples and her spins are really good and fast, we cant know how she will survive puberty and all but for now she really is promising, and i hope she wont feel too much pressure :cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Goodness is this girl really 10? She certainly doesn't skate like it! Go for Youth Olympics!!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
:jaw::biggrin:
well
SURPRISE
they are training/practicing a 3T-3T combo! YEEEEEEESSSS you go bbs

SBS 3F-3T in the future, maybe? (just an IG of Yeri doing the combo)

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks! they sure look like they are having fun :laugh: and also thanks for sharing the video, combo looks good (well, not so good on 2nd part XD), i am excited to see them compete!:cheer: