Team Korea Youngsters | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

s_parks

Record Breaker
How many students does order have? Fernandez, hanyu, nguyen, turzynbaeva, that one 10 year old kid... I don't think he's going to be cha's main/official coach... either way, looking forward to his debut!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
How many students does order have? Fernandez, hanyu, nguyen, turzynbaeva, that one 10 year old kid... I don't think he's going to be cha's main/official coach... either way, looking forward to his debut!

there is another junior skater Michaela Du Toit from South Africa, Alaine Chartrand (not sure about it but he was at her K&C at 4CC i think )?? and according to the same site Hailey mentioned another novice girl

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeah, he has way too many students already. I highly doubt cjh is actually under him. It's just a summer thing, most likely.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yeah, he has way too many students already. I highly doubt cjh is actually under him. It's just a summer thing, most likely.

I agree

But hmm TCC also has Nobu's old coach on their coaching roster now so who knows which coach KSU will pair him up with :eek:hwell: As long as he is getting the right attention on his growth and development, I'm good. Now wishing the same thing for the girls too :yes:.....

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i still think its possible, after Yuzuru and Javier retires (possibly at 2018) Brian will have Nam and Liza; Jun Hwan will just turn junior next season so their programs probably wont clash, besides Brian isnt doing it alone, there is Tracy, David, Jeffrey and other coaches in his team, but till there is actual news all i can do is speculate :hopelessness: :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Now i'd like to see soyoun and dabin switch coaches more than junhwan. Chi's pupils are especially lacking in the presentation department.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Now i'd like to see soyoun and dabin switch coaches more than junhwan. Chi's pupils are especially lacking in the presentation department.

Sad but true. I do think its because of Chi's greatet emphasis of getting the jumps right, which of course has been highly beneficial to her students (all recent national medalist are from her camp). This may also rooted to the fact that she didn't really have a skating coach on her team or better access to Ryu (like Shin had)*.

*this is before she probably got that Russian/US coach in her team

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sad but true. I do think its because of Chi's greatet emphasis of getting the jumps right, which of course has been highly beneficial to her students (all recent national medalist are from her camp). This may also rooted to the fact that she didn't really have a skating coach on her team or better access to Ryu (like Shin had)*.

*this is before she probably got that Russian/US coach in her team

Yeah, the jumps may be secure technique-wise, but it's not like her pupils are consistent or at a particuarly high level, so this has been quite frustrating. If she must stay with Chi, I can only hope Soyoun and Dabin improve their consistency after this season.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yeah, the jumps may be secure technique-wise, but it's not like her pupils are consistent or at a particuarly high level, so this has been quite frustrating. If she must stay with Chi, I can only hope Soyoun and Dabin improve their consistency after this season.

agree

Sometimes, I wonder what she does for stress/pressure management while training. I mean, Yuna went to Kim Seyol for a better coaching time and she skated better under Seyol.

s_parks

Record Breaker
agree

Sometimes, I wonder what she does for stress/pressure management while training. I mean, Yuna went to Kim Seyol for a better coaching time and she skated better under Seyol.

I don't know if they even do anything about it. Seriously, I know switching coaches is easier said than done, but staying under chi won't help her, be it pcs or ice time.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't know if they even do anything about it. Seriously, I know switching coaches is easier said than done, but staying under chi won't help her, be it pcs or ice time.

might as well bring Sohyun and Eunsoo with them too

on the other side of world...
interesting stuff: Yeri/Alex doing a throw 3S. It looks like their first success with the throws. Tagged by Alex as their sixth week training, I didn't expect them to have this certain secure quality. For now, I think Yeri is the stronger one out of the two

s_parks

Record Breaker
might as well bring Sohyun and Eunsoo with them too

on the other side of world...
interesting stuff: Yeri/Alex doing a throw 3S. It looks like their first success with the throws. Tagged by Alex as their sixth week training, I didn't expect them to have this certain secure quality. For now, I think Yeri is the stronger one out of the two

Yeah, I'm quite impressed with yeri and alex. Yeri was a relatively stronger singles skater, so I'm not surprised she the better of the two. I'm not a fan of the sappenfield camp, but certainly better than most. Wishing them the best of luck!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Some mini-updates and stuff:
Junehyoung is planning/training to do a quad. Not sure which quad it is. I only got a gist of things after some Korean fans talked about it.
here is the Korean article - http://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage....8978&gubun=11&prog_cd=R1&service_dt=20150616#

Team Shin (aka Coach Shin's students) in Okinawa:
https://instagram.com/p/3_xPfxiNwZ/?taken-by=sena_kim_0930
https://instagram.com/p/3_wGKMRwSm/?taken-by=yibeen_jeon
Quite sweet of them to bring Hannah Kim (farthest L in sena's pic) and Seoyoung (beside Hannah in the same pic). Hannah is one of Korea's ice dancer that's training in Vancouver and she needs a partner. I hope she does get one in the near future. Seoyoung is one of Shin's youngest hopefuls. She emotes well and she's currently training the easier triples.
No news about Jinseo and his plans yet though :(

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
well I'm sure Hailey posted this before but here's a refresher:

2015 - 2016 National Team - Singles
Lee Junehyoung
Kim Jinseo
Cha Junhwan
Byun Sejong
Park Soyoun
Kim Yelim
An Sohyun
Kim Haejin
Im Eunsoo
Choi Dabin
Yoo Young
Yoon Eunsu

Looks like KSU is relying on their younger skaters like Yoo Young and Yelim too. :eek:hwell: A pity that they didn't include Chae Songjoo or Im Ahyun this year.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker