Team Korea Youngsters | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

s_parks

Record Breaker
So pissed at KSU for all these pointless domestic competitions, and practically preventing them from doing more internationals. But what's new... amongst other issues(both fs and short track/speed skating related), they're really gunning for worst fed.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
This is not a mandatory competition, neither important, and it is just for free skating, so skaters won't be under strain a lot, I think?

Understandable but the things is...a lot of the skaters in this recent competition already competed in the under-13 one a week or two ago. Making them over-compete is meaningless, let alone competing against the same people is also useless. Bring them to international competitions. Get YY and Yelim go against the rising Russian wunderbabies. I don't care if they lose! I want them to get ACTUAL competing experiences rather than being cooped up in Korea.

You know...I thought KSU would at least get their goals straight now that they have Young Yoo, Eunsoo, Sohyun, Dabin and so much more potentials along their hands. They don't need most of these domestic competitions to keep their positions in the National team because they are the foundations of the team.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Understandable but the things is...a lot of the skaters in this recent competition already competed in the under-13 one a week or two ago. Making them over-compete is meaningless, let alone competing against the same people is also useless. Bring them to international competitions. Get YY and Yelim go against the rising Russian wunderbabies. I don't care if they lose! I want them to get ACTUAL competing experiences rather than being cooped up in Korea.

You know...I thought KSU would at least get their goals straight now that they have Young Yoo, Eunsoo, Sohyun, Dabin and so much more potentials along their hands. They don't need most of these domestic competitions to keep their positions in the National team because they are the foundations of the team.

Yelim may participate NRW trophy advanced novice, and compete againsy Russia`s Gubanova, and other Russians.
She`s in entry. Hope she get good results there:)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yelim may participate NRW trophy advanced novice, and compete againsy Russia`s Gubanova, and other Russians.
She`s in entry. Hope she get good results there:)
Good to know!

Hmm now only if they also send Eunsoo there too......😆

Kuan

Final Flight
Ladies SP of Talinn Trophy begins in 20 min. Good luck to our Da Bin bb :clapper::popcorn:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Daniel1998 and Layback11 did this report card thing on the ladies thread for the U.S., Japanese, and Russian athletes. I thought it was a great idea and I think we should do do one for the upcoming Korean youngsters. Unfortunately, they don't have a thread in The Edge, so I'll have to post here. The reason this is a problem is because it's still a Fan Fest and I think I might bash on skaters. But there's no other choice...:shrug:. Also, many of these skaters are not well-known internationally, so I'll only do the ones that probably anyone following this thread knows...and let's throw Yuna in there just for fun!:yay:

Name of Pupil: Yuna Kim
Jump Quality: A+ (sadly no loop, but all other jumps are just beautiful and flawless)
Spin Quality: B+ (fast and good centering, but there are others with better positions (though the broken leg position and the Yuna Camel are still some of my favourites))
Skating Skills/Footwork: A (amazing skating skills, good footwork)
Artistic Impression: A+ (beautiful artistry and she has the WR for highest PCS in the FS)
Consistency: A (one of the skaters well-known for consistency)
Reputation: A+ (one of the most respected figure skaters in history and has never finished lower than 3rd place even once since she was a novice)

Name of Pupil: So Youn Park
Jump Quality: A (gorgeous jumps...at least when she's doing well)
Spin Quality: B- (not terrible, but certainly not the best (that flying camel :hopelessness:))
Skating Skills/Footwork: not too sure about this, but the footwork is much better than before, so maybe a B-;edges need work though?
Artistic Impression: B (very nice interpretation and very underscored in PCS)
Consistency: C (not quite a D because she doesn't mess up everything at once, but still really bad)
Reputation: C+ (most famous Korean skater on the field right now, but even so the judges are still underscoring her TES and PCS because she hasn't been on even a CS podium yet)

Name of Pupil: Da Bin Choi
Jump Quality: B (she does suffer from URs occasionally, but the technical content is pretty good)
Spin Quality: B- (meh, not bad)
Skating Skills/Footwork: not too sure again, but I think maybe a C?
Artistic Impression: C+ (used to be a D because she had no facial expressions, but is improving)
Consistency: B (pretty good, considering that she finished 6th at JWC in 2014 and was the 2nd alternate for this year's JGPF)
Reputation: C (she has won more international medals than So Youn, but she's still not that known)

Name of Pupil: Haejin Kim
Jump Quality: C (she almost always has a shaky/weird landing)
Spin Quality: since it's been really long since we last saw her, not too sure about this, but she does have a nice layback
Skating Skills/Footwork: C+ (meh, not bad)
Artistic Impression: B (in terms of facial expressions and being into the program more, she's better than So Youn, but everything else - not so much)
Consistency: C (again, we haven't seen her yet, but based on last season she tended to do better in her SPs than her FSs)
Reputation: C (she did finish an impressive 6th at 2014 4CC, but has not done well after that)

Name of Pupil: Young You
Jump Quality: B+ (jumps are decent, but amazing technical content)
Spin Quality: B (her layback is very good, everything else is okay (at least much better than most other Korean skaters)
Skating Skills/Footwork: B- (she seems to have good speed and good transitions, not too sure about footwork though)
Artistic Impression: C (obviously she's young so we don't have big expectations about artistry from her)
Consistency: B? (at least for the competitions she already entered, she's not too shabby)
Reputation: C (known to a lot of Korean skating fans or fans of Korean skaters, but basically unknown to other people)

Name of Pupil: Song Joo Chea (Only doing her because of 4CC :drama:)
Jump Quality: C- (technical content is not good and she tends to pop jumps at times)
Spin Quality: B- (actually not that bad) - Her layback reminds me of Elena Radionova :)
Skating Skills/Footwork: C (nothing to really say about this one)
Artistic Impression: B- (not necessarily on sheet or in the judges' interests, but she does deliver the performance more artistically than some other Korean skaters do)
Consistency: I don't know
Reputation: D (probably extremely low, considering that she only went to 4CC because she won the bronze at Skate Korea)

And there you have it. I haven't watched the other skaters as much so feel free to add on if you would like to.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
if throw Yuna there just for fun, then perhaps should consider at what period of her career (she has a looong career) is perhaps more accurate. her spins are really strong up to 2011 season (best of that field at least,check her spin levels and GOEs back then.e.g 2011 world SP, scored the highest), I would at least give her a A for that. Her skating skills and footwork deserves an A+, it gets better and better every year until the very end of her career (blade work at Sochi is considered both most difficult and best quality of the field). Also, I don't think the categorization of A,B,C,D is sufficient. e.g. the quality of Yuna's jumps(had great 3loop at 2007-2008 season) and artistry(especially musicality, whole body move) is unmatched, how do you categorize that, A+ is not enough. Reputation, although unmatched, but really did not do her any favor during her career, so actually it is not a A+ category to her advantage.
Nevermind, anyways, this report card game is just for fun. :biggrin:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I will try to be objective *cough cough*

Name of Pupil: Yuna Kim

Jump Quality: A++***** (Loop hurts her back, can't blame her, nor Michelle.) Check her stats for Triple / Triple combinations up to 2013 - Incredible 96% success rate.

Spin Quality: A+**** (People like to pick on her positions, but she more than make it up in other areas. But bad back and not naturally flexible did hurt her later in her career.)

Skating Skills/Footwork: A++**** (She improves improves and improves... as if it was possible. )

Artistic Impression: A++********** (It is not just about the scores, but her journey is like how artists create work, each program are reflection of her inner going on at the same time. It is as organic as program creation process goes among all programs I have ever seen. Each program is perfect for that time in her career, and deeply poignant because what she is going through.)

Consistency: A++********** (just one of the skaters known for consistency?? Come on...Who's more consistent than her?! Patrick may have better skating skills, Hanyu may be a genius of jumps, but consistency is not their middle name. Always manage to win at least a short or long in every competition she ever took part, ie/ at least one mini gold every competition.)

Reputation: A++********* (Having won everything made people envious and even jealous I suspect, can't help but notice certain factions always want to put her down still to this day. Luckily her positives always shone brighter.)

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
if throw Yuna there just for fun, then perhaps should consider at what period of her career (she has a looong career) is perhaps more accurate. her spins are really strong up to 2011 season (best of that field at least,check her spin levels and GOEs back then.e.g 2011 world SP, scored the highest), I would at least give her a A for that. Her skating skills and footwork deserves an A+, it gets better and better every year until the very end of her career (blade work at Sochi is considered both most difficult and best quality of the field). Also, I don't think the categorization of A,B,C,D is sufficient. e.g. the quality of Yuna's jumps(had great 3loop at 2007-2008 season) and artistry(especially musicality, whole body move) is unmatched, how do you categorize that, A+ is not enough. Reputation, although unmatched, but really did not do her any favor during her career, so actually it is not a A+ category to her advantage.
Nevermind, anyways, this report card game is just for fun. :biggrin:

Your report card is much more descriptive and efficient than mine :):) thanks for correcting me on a few things!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just looked up young yoo's age and wow, she's even younger than I thought- may 2004! She isn't even age eligible for juniors next season!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
And Yerim just finished .6 out of bronze at NRW, behind 3 Russians and got her 3lz+3t called rotated...

(I cannot think of an acronym for her. YR?)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
And Yerim just finished .6 out of bronze at NRW, behind 3 Russians and got her 3lz+3t called rotated...

(I cannot think of an acronym for her. YR? Or YL...)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I checked NRW video, it is Yelim NOT Yerim from Asian Trophy. Are they 2 different girls?
I had a good impression of the girl from Asian Trophy. Who is that girl, will she compete in the coming Skate Korea?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I checked NRW video, it is Yelim NOT Yerim from Asian Trophy. Are they 2 different girls?
I had a good impression of the girl from Asian Trophy. Who is that girl, will she compete in the coming Skate Korea?
Same girl but the way her name is romanticized is a bit confusing since it can go both ways.

Not an Hangul expert btw [emoji28]