Team Korea Youngsters | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think she changed her SP music as well...
Ok, I think perhaps, she smiled a bit more at Asian trophy, cos she won, that is why I had a good impression.:biggrin:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Just a heads up that New Balance is the newest supporter of our dear youngsters. However they are mainly helping ATS athletes.

(Secretly hoping that Eunsoo, Yoo, and Yelim jump on board with the ATS ship soon)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Yelim Kim and Ji hoon Do are now participating FBMA Trophy advanced novice girls, which is held in Abu Dhabi, 22-23 January.

Yelim Kim scored 46.37 in SP, with PCS 18.50. (Even higher PCS than Gubanova in NRW trophy :eekn:) She is in first place.
Ji hoon Do scored 36.86 in SP, and in second place.
Ji hoon Do makes her English name spelled differently compared to domestic competition. (Ji hoon Do -> Ji hun To)

www.twitter.com/southplant/status/690521355737964545

Unfortunately, this competition doesn't offer any detail results or videos yet. :scratch2:

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Thanks for the updates! I'm really fond of Yelim lately- I can't believe how improved she is from last season. Great technique. There's not a doubt about that lz-lo combo.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
New competition participation info

Kyueun Kim/Alex Kangchan Kam will debut as junior pairs at Sarajebo Open 2016 (4th-7th, Feburary).

Young You will challenge her second international competition, Cup of Tyrol (9th-13th, March).

MiRé

Match Penalty
All Korean ladies were in top 10 @ 4CC :rock:. 4CC may not be as competitive, but I'm just so proud of them making into top 10, delivering great skates. It's not just Yuna anymore!

dna5019

Final Flight
Indeed, the Korean ladies did very well. Well done. :biggrin: They should all be very proud of themselves. :clapper: :yahoo: :yay:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just a heads up that New Balance is the newest supporter of our dear youngsters. However they are mainly helping ATS athletes.

(Secretly hoping that Eunsoo, Yoo, and Yelim jump on board with the ATS ship soon)

OKAY, New Balance has officially became my fav sneaker brand:luv17::eek::

Hailey Shin

Medalist
sakura28a said:
Hi, Hailey

Recently I found that there were many fragment of interviews uploaded by an account in Youtube.

I am very curious about the content.

Could you translate a summary of interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-1C_LTsOTc

Thank you very much!!!

They are featuring 'Yuna Kids', which means Young You, Ye lim Kim, and Eun soo Lim.

At 2016 Korean nationals, there were 'Yuna Kids' who beat older girls and get higher ranks.

Eun soo and Ye lim are showing their 2016 Winter Game's medal at the beginning, and interviewing.

At the interview, Eun soo said that she was more confident at free skating than short program, because there were more jumps.

And Ye lim said that she did first combination jumps as solo jump at free skating (at Winter Game), but she was happy to manage 3-3 at the second half.

She also said that she just always try to do her best, so she doesn't care about her ranks or scores.

Then Eun soo is talking about confidence, she feels it's really important because there are many competitions left she has to get through with.

The women on the left side is Sung-jin Byun, who is figure skating commentator of KBS, and also doing coaching job for some skaters.

She said there are many good young skaters in Korea, and especially about Young, Ye lim and Eun soo, it's good to see three skaters are growing together, not skating alone.

She pointed that those 'Yuna Kids's advantage is that they all do good quality and difficult jumps.

And they're in a good training condition, because they are skating together, rivaling, seeing each other's training process and learning each other's advantages.

She also said those three kids' advantages, which is like Eun soo's speed is good, jumps are high, body rates are good, and she has talent in performance aspect as well.

And for Ye lim, she is calm, always concentrating to herself, and has good mental controlling ability.

She expects those three girls' international gaining as well, if they do well at international competitions just like domestics.

Then, Ye lim is talking about her troubles while training, especially off-ice training.

Sometimes she felt difficulties, but she tried to think that those exercises are just necessary for her to help her reaching the states like Yuna kim.

Eun soo said she is not doing harsh weight controls yet, but sometimes she wants to play outside with friends, but she loves to skate so she's now just trying to concentrate on skating.

They all told their role model as Yuna Kim. They had good experiences with Yuna Kim when they got on the same (small-size) show with Yuna, at last year in KBS.

Ye lim said it was too happy experience to reproduce Yuna's Les miserable program at that stage.

At last, commentator Sung-jin Byun said she also expects 2018 PC olympics, even though those three kids cannot participate there because of age limits, there are many good skaters in Korea.

However, it would be great to support those three kids to get their goal at 2022 Beijing.

End of the program!

It can be not that good translation.. Cuz my translation skills are rough. :noshake:
But I'll also post this to Korean Youngsters thread in Fan thread for others who wants to know about the contents. :biggrin:

Last edited:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Thank you for posting Hailey Shin! :)

Are Young You, Ye lim Kim, and Eun soo Lim going to a special sport school or to an ordinary school?
I'm asking because I heard that the S.Korean school system is so demanding (in time :)sad46: and stresfull :eekn:).

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Congrats to Hanul and Suh-hyun for their first JWC!

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not too ecstatic with the results. Looking from the placements, I do think Korea should've sent someone else (*cough*Sohyun*cough* - don't mind my politicking for my faves :laugh:) to have more JGP entries.

Thankfully we still have 2 spots for next year's!

Skye

On the Ice
Congrats to Hanul and Suh-hyun for their first JWC!

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not too ecstatic with the results. Looking from the placements, I do think Korea should've sent someone else (*cough*Sohyun*cough* - don't mind my politicking for my faves :laugh:) to have more JGP entries.

Thankfully we still have 2 spots for next year's!

Is Sohyun the girl who skated to Cirque du Soleil at JGP? I think she had triple-triples, looked to me like a very good skater and IMO was much better packaged than the girls at Junior Worlds. Wondering what happened to her.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
No offense, but Sohyun has had some... not so great skates recently. I'm not entirely sure she'd have done better, to be honest.
On the other hand, im excited for yelim (my new favorite along w/ young) and eunsoo. They're more proficient jumps-wise, so hopefully they have some competitive grit.

Last edited: