Team Korea Youngsters | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

andyjo24

Medalist
Is Sohyun the girl who skated to Cirque du Soleil at JGP? I think she had triple-triples, looked to me like a very good skater and IMO was much better packaged than the girls at Junior Worlds. Wondering what happened to her.

So hyun's basics are very good, but her jumps have been shaky lately. She's been receiving edge calls on her flips and struggling with the 3T part of her 3Lz-3T.

The two girls at Junior Worlds had clean performances at Korean Nationals, which qualified them for the event. It's a shame that Korea doesn't have a "body of work" rule like the US does in determining who gets to go as there are many better skaters who just didn't have the best Korean Nationals.

Next year, the Korean girls will be serious contenders for possibly medals at Junior Worlds. It will get exciting! :agree: The Russians, Japanese, and Americans will be in for a big, big surprise.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
tick tock, tick tock

Time is ticking, KSU.
Send your skaters abroad.
Korean rinks are more than overcrowded.

From 2 women's WC spots to 1.
June-hyoung is unreliable.
Kim/Minov needs to go elsewhere.
Pairs is an ongoing question mark.

Time is ticking.
Less than 2 years remain.

skaterr

On the Ice
tick tock, tick tock

Time is ticking, KSU.
Send your skaters abroad.
Korean rinks are more than overcrowded.

From 2 women's WC spots to 1.
June-hyoung is unreliable.
Kim/Minov needs to go elsewhere.
Pairs is an ongoing question mark.

Time is ticking.
Less than 2 years remain.

I think you are expecting too much from KSU. They even refused to reveal thier budgets even though 50% of those were from the government. They even asked SBS to leave its 

place during meeting of representatives.

http://m.sports.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=055&aid=0000373420

s_parks

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what coach alex and kyueun will be moving to? Found out from ig that they'll be leaving Colorado Springs/sappenfield.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
2nd Level Test of 2016

There was a 2nd Level tests of 2016 last weekends. (There are 4 times of level tests per one year)

Here's skaters' free programs who passed the tests. Some skaters showed their new free program.
(*Skaters of Level 5 and 6 can participate Skate Korea and Korean Nationals as Junior level, and Level 7 and 8 can participate as Senior level regardless of their age.
Level 7 and 8 also can participate JGP selection(qualification) event if they are age-eligible.)

Level 5 (must include 2A at free program, must perform 'well-balanced free skating for junior') - 10 skaters passed (out of 28)
[Ladies]
Hae in Lee (05.04.16) - birth date
Ji hyun Jung (04.03.20)
Eun shu Seo (04.03.04)
Da in Woo (04.02.02)
Si won Lee (03.12.12)
Ye eun Seo (03.04.29)
Kyoung min Park (02.07.10)
Hye seung Chi (02.06.16)
Hyeon su Seo (01.09.20)

[Men]
Hyun Kim (02.04.09)

Level 6 (must include 2 kinds of triple jumps and 2A at free program, must perform 'well-balanced free skating for junior') - 1 skater passed (out of 12)
[Men]
Young hyun Cha (03.09.24)

Level 7 (must include 2 kinds of triple jumps(out of 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz), include 3-2, and 2A at free program(ladies), must include 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz, include 3-3, and 2A at free program(men), must perform 'well-balanced free skating for senior') - 3 skaters passed (out of 10)
[Ladies]
Chae eun No (04.05.28) - 2016 Nationals, J, 6
Na yeong Kim (03.08.14) - 2016 Nationals, J, 3
Ji won Lee (02.03.26) - 2016 Nationals, J, 7

Level 8 (must include 3 kinds of triple jumps and one 3-3(and this should not be the same kind of triple jump as solo jumps) at free program(ladies), must include 4 kinds of triple jumps and one 3A at free program(men), must perform 'well-balanced free skating for senior') - 3 skaters passed (out of 6)
[Ladies]
Yoon kyung Kam (04.04.30) - 2016 Nationals, J, 1
Hyun soo Lee (02.07.01) - 2016 Nationals, S, 18
Hee soo Cho (00.01.11) - 2016 Nationals, S, 15

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice
There was a 2nd Level tests of 2016 last weekends. (There are 4 times of level tests per one year)

Here's skaters' free programs who passed the tests. Some skaters showed their new free program.
(*Skaters of Level 5 and 6 can participate Skate Korea and Korean Nationals as Junior level, and Level 7 and 8 can participate as Senior level regardless of their age.
Level 7 and 8 also can participate JGP selection(qualification) event if they are age-eligible.)

Level 5 (must include 2A at free program, must perform 'well-balanced free skating for junior') - 10 skaters passed (out of 28)
[Ladies]
Hae in Lee (05.04.16) - birth date
Ji hyun Jung (04.03.20)
Eun shu Seo (04.03.04)
Da in Woo (04.02.02)
Si won Lee (03.12.12)
Ye eun Seo (03.04.29)
Kyoung min Park (02.07.10)
Hye seung Chi (02.06.16)
Hyeon su Seo (01.09.20)

[Men]
Hyun Kim (02.04.09)

Level 6 (must include 2 kinds of triple jumps and 2A at free program, must perform 'well-balanced free skating for junior') - 1 skater passed (out of 12)
[Men]
Young hyun Cha (03.09.24)

Level 7 (must include 2 kinds of triple jumps(out of 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz), include 3-2, and 2A at free program(ladies), must include 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz, include 3-3, and 2A at free program(men), must perform 'well-balanced free skating for senior') - 3 skaters passed (out of 10)
[Ladies]
Chae eun No (04.05.28) - 2016 Nationals, J, 6
Na yeong Kim (03.08.14) - 2016 Nationals, J, 3
Ji won Lee (02.03.26) - 2016 Nationals, J, 7

Level 8 (must include 3 kinds of triple jumps and one 3-3(and this should not be the same kind of triple jump as solo jumps) at free program(ladies), must include 4 kinds of triple jumps and one 3A at free program(men), must perform 'well-balanced free skating for senior') - 3 skaters passed (out of 6)
[Ladies]
Yoon kyung Kam (04.04.30) - 2016 Nationals, J, 1
Hyun soo Lee (02.07.01) - 2016 Nationals, S, 18
Hee soo Cho (00.01.11) - 2016 Nationals, S, 15

Tried to PM, but do you know the dates for the upcoming competitions in Korea? I'm going to be in Seoul for a few weeks late August and would love to head over if there's anything :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what coach alex and kyueun will be moving to? Found out from ig that they'll be leaving Colorado Springs/sappenfield.

Alex and Kyu Eun apparently are moving to Canada, if the comments from their Team Dalilah friends are to be believed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHV0rRFgrwR/?taken-by=alex_kambam (see kristoferogren's comment)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHTGH8DBtwJ/?taken-by=jacobsimonsays

But I have not seen anything about which specific coach.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Tried to PM, but do you know the dates for the upcoming competitions in Korea? I'm going to be in Seoul for a few weeks late August and would love to head over if there's anything :)

There will be JGP qualification event in Taereung ice rink at 26-27th July and Ranking competition(Skate Korea) at middle of October.. but I see nothing at late August :palmf:

Maybe there will be competitions for youngsters(under 13).. cuz every summer they have one or two.

But not exact schedule yet. I think I will also post about it at SK Other competition thread if schedule is open!

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice
There will be JGP qualification event in Taereung ice rink at 26-27th July and Ranking competition(Skate Korea) at middle of October.. but I see nothing at late August :palmf:

Maybe there will be competitions for youngsters(under 13).. cuz every summer they have one or two.

But not exact schedule yet. I think I will also post about it at SK Other competition thread if schedule is open!

Aw, that's disappointing, but oh well :(
Thanks so much - please post if you learn of anything!

seabm7

Final Flight

Hailey Shin

Medalist
2016-17 Season National team

Team A
Ladies: Da bin Choi, Eun soo Lim, So youn Park, Ye lim Kim, Ji hyun Byun, Ha nul Kim, So hyun An, Suh hyun Son
Men: June hyoung Lee, Jin seo Kim, Jun hwan Cha, Se jong Byun

Team B
Ladies: Na hyun Kim, Sena Kim, Hee soo Cho, Se bin Park, Seo young Lee, Gyo hee Jeon
Men: Si hyeong Lee, Geon hyoung An
Pairs: Min ji Ji/Themistocles Leftheris, Su yeon Kim/Hyoung tae Kim
Ice dance: Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov, Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin

Team C
Ladies: Young You, Yun kyung Kam, Ko eun Park, Yu jin Choi, Hyun soo Lee, A hyun Lim, Yena Kwon, Na yeong Kim, Se hee Jeon
Men: Sung hoon Park, Sang woo Kim, Han gil Kim

seabm7

Final Flight
The 2016-17 schedule (tentative) came out:

http://www.skating.or.kr/download/download.do?fileName=figure_201607141646569840.xls&dir=game

July 26-27 JGP qualification

August 5 Kyobo-cup (under 13)

October 14-16 Ranking competition (Asian game, Universiad, 4CC qualification, should be age eligible for ISU events 2017-18.)

November 3-6 Espoir (under 13)

December 10-11 Novice

January 6-8 National (Worlds qualification, should be age eligible for ISU events 2017-18.)

March 21-24 Classified (They group the skaters by age AND level.)

Last edited:

albinayjna

Rinkside
Team a is national team(eligible jgp next season), b is '2018 olympic team'(especially eligible for 2018) b is sub-national team(not eligible 2018 and all skaters)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Stumbled upon a mini-video from @themileftheris of their recent training:
Three weeks till our first Asian Trophy!������
우리의 첫 번째 아시아 트로피 까지 3 주 ! #태미&민지 #팀 한국
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHp5b8Yhmv9/?taken-by=themileftheris (Jul 9)​

(I can't read Korean ... don't know what that part says.)

Re the Kam brothers:

Interesting, is there any pairs school in the Vancouver area, where his brother is training?

This question had crossed my mind too, but I don't know the answer.
In any case, any news as to where Kyu Eun and Alex are training now?

BTW/FWIW, Montreal is the location for a recent Instagram from @315hojung:
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.����❤️ 어디를 가든지 마음을 다해 가라. #believeyourself #goforit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIDm9wyjbWO/?taken-by=315hojung (Jul 19)​

Only my over-active imagination running wild, but ...:
Could Ricky and she be visiting Montreal together -- just to get choreo, perhaps?? Or something more??
Montreal is such a hotbed for both ice dance and pairs, so if Alex and Ricky wanted to be based in the same locale ....

2016-17 Season National team ..

Team A
Ladies: Da bin Choi, Eun soo Lim, So youn Park, Ye lim Kim, Ji hyun Byun, Ha nul Kim, So hyun An, Suh hyun Son
Men: June hyoung Lee, Jin seo Kim, Jun hwan Cha, Se jong Byun

Team B
Ladies: Na hyun Kim, Sena Kim, Hee soo Cho, Se bin Park, Seo young Lee, Gyo hee Jeon
Men: Si hyeong Lee, Geon hyoung An
Pairs: Min ji Ji/Themistocles Leftheris, Su yeon Kim/Hyoung tae Kim
Ice dance: Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov, Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin

Team C
Ladies: Young You, Yun kyung Kam, Ko eun Park, Yu jin Choi, Hyun soo Lee, A hyun Lim, Yena Kwon, Na yeong Kim, Se hee Jeon
Men: Sung hoon Park, Sang woo Kim, Han gil Kim

Stupid question:
Is it weird that the National Team listings do not include Kyu Eun/Alex or HoJung/Ricky?

seabm7

Final Flight
우리의 첫 번째 아시아 트로피 까지 3 주 ! #태미&민지 #팀 한국

Stupid question:
Is it weird that the National Team listings do not include Kyu Eun/Alex or HoJung/Ricky?

The translation of the said Korean texts:

Three weeks till our first Asian Trophy! # Themi & Minji # Team Korea

The National Team listing cannot include Kyu Eun/Alex, since this new pair couple haven't participated in major Korean competitions. Their first one will be the coming Ranking competition on October.

Concerning HoJung/Ricky, it's indeed strange :scratch2:

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
really impressed with kam yun kyung, especially from her level test skate where she was clean. great technique and especially love her 2a-3t. Is she the same age as young? I assume she'll be competing in senior nats this season- she'll be one to watch.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
really impressed with kam yun kyung, especially from her level test skate where she was clean. great technique and especially love her 2a-3t. Is she the same age as young? I assume she'll be competing in senior nats this season- she'll be one to watch.

Agree. And yes, she`s same age as Young and will be compete at this year`s Asian trophy ad.novice with Young. We can see how her season begins there.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I saw the clip of ye lim's interview after her short- she speaks very well :) Loved her performance; aside from the jumps, I really like her body movement- fluid and relaxed. If she continues to work on expression(not necessarily giving ~face, but emoting from the body, more attack), she'll be a serious threat considering her jump layout!

eta: really hope eunsoo can skate clean-ish and get two assignments! If she doesn't fall/pop, I don't see anyone other than ye lim placing above her here. fingers crossed!

Last edited: