Team Korea Youngsters | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

s_parks

Record Breaker
Thoughts:
Love jun hwan's lp. His sp I'm not as fond of right away, but I'm sure he'll own it later in the season. Good attempt on the 4s. He's going to land the quad before junehyung and jinseo at this rate.
Good for eunsoo on skating clean and nabbing 3rd! I'm glad she's trying a softer, more serious style but I don't really like the program- kinda felt one-note/flat. Clean, crisp jumps, her strength. Please find a different coach.
Yelim- holy layout. all but one jump pass in the 2nd half(too bad about the extra combo), plus rippon sal/loop. Watching her skates from 2 years ago, her technique has come so far. She's going to be a threat with her content, given she's consistent of course. Hope both the girls can get some training time overseas later.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The translation of the said Korean texts:

Three weeks till our first Asian Trophy! # Themi & Minji # Team Korea

The National Team listing cannot include Kyu Eun/Alex, since this new pair couple haven't participated in major Korean competitions. Their first one will be the coming Ranking competition on October.

Concerning HoJung/Ricky, it's indeed strange :scratch2:

Thx for your reply, seabm7.

Update re Alex Kam:
His latest Instagram post says (in part), "It's been a month since I moved to Montreal and I love this city! ... Time to train even harder ... this year ..."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIjFkDngxGV/ (Jul 31)​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The plot thickens as to what's up with HoJung Lee and Ricky Kam:

They now are listed among Vancouver Ice Dance "past teams."
The page says: "Skated together: October 2014 - 2016"

But ... are they still skating together??
Did they both relocate to Montreal, where Kyu Eun and Alex now are training??

Within the last week, HoJung has posted Instagrams from Montreal:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGx70RjR9j/?taken-by=315hojung "#teamkorea" (Aug 14: HoJung and Ricky with Kyu Eun and Alex)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIxnCPDDolC/?taken-by=315hojung (Aug 6: HoJung with Kyu Eun)​

And Kyu Eun also posted one of herself with HoJung in Montreal:

bosskil

Match Penalty
Can't decide who's better: Young You or Eun soo Lim? :scratch2:
Both uber-talented and very promissing. :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Can't decide who's better: Young You or Eun soo Lim? :scratch2:
Both uber-talented and very promissing. :)
I prefer Young You, but Eun Soo Lim is definitely someone to watch out for. She's the potential to become greater and this season is very important since it's her first Junior. I'm a bit sad she didn't get the French JGP (coz I'm going lol), but watching her via live stream will be good. :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm at the morning practice for JGP Saint-Gervais and Ye Lim Kim did a clean run-through of her SP practice (3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 2A all in second part). I hope she'll do the same this afternoon! :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm at the morning practice for JGP Saint-Gervais and Ye Lim Kim did a clean run-through of her SP practice (3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 2A all in second part). I hope she'll do the same this afternoon! :)

thank you for this update!
good to hear that Yelim is doing fine in practice :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG9Rv1ND-rM/

I found this. What an old days!:laugh:
There`s So youn at the very left side, and we can see Jun hwan and Da bin. So young!

checked this CCJunhwan insta account found the newest photo with Roman and BO, BB CJH is talled than BO now, and just a couple inch shorter than Roman.(should know that Roman is very tall).
btw this CCjunhwan AND BB CJH nicknames/id reminds me of certain kinda make-up product.:biggrin:

Rinchan

Rinkside
Jihyun Byun is currently in 3rd place after the short program! Well done Jenny! I wish her the best of luck for the free skate.
I became her fan when i first saw her skating live at last year's Skate Korea. she was a bit low in the rankings so she skated quite early. She had this special aura and presence on the ice. I think that her lyrical sp particularly suits her and she has such beautiful lines. She might not be the most gifted skater on the technical side, but I enjoy her skating so much! Hope she can grow and develop more and be more consistent in the future!
Here is the link to yesterday's sp
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0avxV-uiAZ4

yyyskate

Record Breaker
dabin had a fantastic FS at Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3V_LoK4LE
yet, I cannot find her own fan thread to post her FS link.
what is sad is that she only get 48.48 PCS, for reference, you can watch Julia's FS at the same event who got 58+....... I know Dabin is not that artistic but her performance is certainly much better than Julia's in this event. Everyone with eyes would agree.
There is no way to justify this no matter it is PCS components bullets or just pure impression on audience. This is TOOOOOO much.
what is even more sad is that, people dont give a f**k about this.
I really feel sad for these hard working Korean skaters.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watch Nicole Rajicova's version of this program. DaBin who I've always loved doesn't connect to the music yet nearly as much as she did. I think the reason for DaBin's 10pt PCS deficit can largely be chalked up to skating too early in FS from a bad SP skate. Probably 5pts right there. Plus the judges were really stingy but we all see in every event that the medalists get a few points in the last group. I wouldn't take it personal. TBH...I see a lot of positives but I think she needs to work on her presentation because she skates thru a majority of the program at this point but her TES seems on point. Give her So Youn's artistry and today's TES and she'd score much higher.

Thanks for the link....I was looking for it earlier :)

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
dabin had a fantastic FS at Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3V_LoK4LE
yet, I cannot find her own fan thread to post her FS link.
what is sad is that she only get 48.48 PCS, for reference, you can watch Julia's FS at the same event who got 58+....... I know Dabin is not that artistic but her performance is certainly much better than Julia's in this event. Everyone with eyes would agree.
There is no way to justify this no matter it is PCS components bullets or just pure impression on audience. This is TOOOOOO much.
what is even more sad is that, people dont give a f**k about this.
I really feel sad for these hard working Korean skaters.

I found her fan thread at 5th page. I'll bump it for you.:biggrin:
I haven't seen Yulia's performance, so I can't compare them, but I don't need any comparison to say Dabin's PCS is way too low. It is too low!!:curse: I wonder why. Is her FS lacks a lot of transitions? I thought her choreography was decent and her interpretation and performance skills are now at least average. She improved so much this season and now not a terrible performer any more. She is at least an average performer now! I don't think her SS is mediocre either. She is not noticeably slow and her step sequences are not jerky. She looked smooth. Yet her PCS is the ones for terrible skaters. C'mon....

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never thought Dabin was a bad performer but last year's programs were all wrong for her. I think her PCS will rise but she can't score so low in the SP anymore. It's just too costly and that goes for all skaters.

I'm not sure what the marks were but I'd score her around 6.5-7.5 for the components. If she stepped it up and and added a bit of wow I'd probably go as high as 8.5 :cheer:

ETA: Just looked at the protocols :eek:

This judging panel was pretty bad. She probably should have scored at least 55pts in PCS but I'm not sure if it would shake much up in the standings. She still has work to do on her presentation but I hope she doesn't let the stingy judging put her in a negative place. Too good of a skate IMO to focus on the negative. We all know TES is the best way to better scores.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I found her fan thread at 5th page. I'll bump it for you.:biggrin:
I haven't seen Yulia's performance, so I can't compare them, but I don't need any comparison to say Dabin's PCS is way too low. It is too low!!:curse: I wonder why. Is her FS lacks a lot of transitions? I thought her choreography was decent and her interpretation and performance skills are now at least average. She improved so much this season and now not a terrible performer any more. She is at least an average performer now! I don't think her SS is mediocre either. She is not noticeably slow and her step sequences are not jerky. She looked smooth. Yet her PCS is the ones for terrible skaters. C'mon....
I didnot link Julia's FS is because, this is team korean skater's thread.
I will juxtapose here for you. the cam angle, you can see everything including speed, ice coverage, projection as well as all PCS bullets.
Dabin is way better than Julia. Julia is just sloppy. Like I say everyone with eyes will see.
Dabin FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3V_LoK4LE
Julia FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBDhxpfsFE

EDIT: if Julia is really a tiny bit of artistic, I would NOT say this if she has a couple of mistakes thus low TES. But this girl apparently does not listen to music, and sloppy sloppy upper body and arms and finish the program with that kinda appearance, that many people wonder is she not wanna skate, injured or what?
Yet Dabin has a clean performance, with so much energy and earned many positive compliment from live view audience regarding her performance, you can check out the posts in that thread.
yet Dabin PCS: 48+, Julia PCS 58+

Last edited: