Team Korea Youngsters | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

yyyskate

Record Breaker
copied from Dabin's thread
"
I will use Yuna's quote to encourage every Korean skaters who has been treated unfairly, lowballed by this frustrating system over and over again. not only Korean skaters, actually all skaters for that matter.
Yuna said
"I don't wanna to be remembered as 2010 Vancouver olympic gold medalist or 2014 Sochi olympic silver medalist, I wish to be remembered as the skater Yuna Kim "
For all of us, Yuna is always remember as the skater before everything else.

This should give those hardworking skaters some encouragement and enlightenment. No matter what, you hard work won't be for nothing. You will be remembered as a skater!
"
felt sad and frustrated by this situation/system as a figure skating fan. I can only do this much. hope it helps. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Surprised by the doom and gloom negativity hanging around this thread. I think the Korean growth among figure skaters is probably the best it's ever been and outside of Russia and Japan it's my favorite system with tons of promising talent to come. I hope the pessimism isn't felt by the actual skaters and instead they have a sense of positivity. There really is something strong going on over there :clap:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, yyyskate, I have to kind of disagree. I love that dabin has really stepped forward and visibly improved, which is especially great to see in a skater who's not a natural artist/performer. And yes, she should have scored a bit higher than what they gave her in pcs. But it's a bit overdramatic to get all "conspiracy on korean skaters" because they haven't been getting the pcs or whatever. And yeah, it's not just korean skaters, like you said. The reality is, reputation points don't come out of thin air; dabin (and others) should continue to skate clean, no URs, and continue improving her speed/performance/etc. If you want to blame someone, blame the ksu for not making more effort into getting better training conditions and ice time for these skaters.
Anyways, there is a lot of talent and potential, especially from the younger ones, so I don't get the need for the doom and gloom, like Sam-Skwantch said.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of positivity....how about the awesomeness of Hailey Shin who posts updates to GS with all of the Korean Qualifiers and national level events :bow: I think right from the events too for all of us! It's so amazing to see the talent growing and without Hailey keeping me posted I'd probably only recognize one or two Korean skaters. :laugh:

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yes, thank you hailey for all the updates on domestic comps!
Btw, it seems like the ranking competition is really early this season- oct. 14-16, with official practice starting on the 12th. I assume jun hwan wouldn't be going? It'd be less than a week after jgp germany, and along with travel it would all be unnecessary since he's not even eligible for 4cc or whatever.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
s_parks, I don't blame anyone. my quote from Yuna is also my way to support/encourage korean skaters or skaters in general who has been treated unfairly.
we all agree that unfairness is exist and Korean skaters always get the low end compared to Russian skaters for example.
if you think that is an absolutely avoidable thing in figure skating politicas. I have nothing to say but to encourage those skaters with Yuna's words, you may not be a star or a darling for whatever reason, but you will be remembered as a skater. or should I tell them, this is figure skating politics, just face it.
either way. I wish to be positive.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
As for sending more skaters abroad to learn advanced technique. I am all for it.
but never self-deprecate. Korean has some great technique/quality about figure skating already. I just wish those technique/quality be judged fairly.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
S_parks, hope you understand what I mean. just so you know, I am far far away from conspiracy pusher. but a figure skating fan. and occasionally, I saw unfairness, I speak out because I like figure skating.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@s_parks, I think you know that I am a true supporter of Korean skaters. the affiliation is mostly originated from my love towards Yuna. since I am not Korean myself.
If you think that I talk about unfairness in these thread is not appropriate, I will NOT talk about it anymore here, instead of speak out my own opinion in other relevant thread if I see outrageous unfairness again.
I respect your opinion.
@Sam-Skwantch
I saw you are somehow involved in this discussion. don't know if you know or not. But you are on my ignore list for quite a while now, and you are the only one. So I cannot read your post, thus I cannot respond. Thought should let you know if you don't know already.

skaterr

On the Ice
s_parks, I don't blame anyone. my quote from Yuna is also my way to support/encourage korean skaters or skaters in general who has been treated unfairly.
we all agree that unfairness is exist and Korean skaters always get the low end compared to Russian skaters for example.
if you think that is an absolutely avoidable thing in figure skating politicas. I have nothing to say but to encourage those skaters with Yuna's words, you may not be a star or a darling for whatever reason, but you will be remembered as a skater. or should I tell them, this is figure skating politics, just face it.
either way. I wish to be positive.

yyyskate I couldn’t agree more. Thank you for showing your affection towards Korean skaters. When I watch the comments of the Korean FS fans in DC, I also saw some very similar opinions from them. The reasons we can see many promising young skaters from Korea is mainly from the efforts of the individual skaters and the inspiration of Yuna. Yuna has been a great motivation for the young skaters. As a Yuna fan, I think yyyskate has a right to have her voice in here because Korean fans have said their say in DC.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I hope Squirtle can have a better SP next season, I know this SP is to showcase Squirtle's interpretational diversity. But that transition of music is really jarring. There is better way to show skater's range with a more cohesive theme.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I thought Eunsoo had her own fan thread, but I can`t find now so:p

4 years ago! She is right in the middle of this pic... What a cutie:luv17:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ted Barton really loves Squirtle. If you have not listen to his reaction to her skate yet... you really should.