Team Korea Youngsters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

jimeonji

Final Flight
A national ranking competition is being held in the next few days! Pretty much all of the elite level Korean skaters are competing. I posted in the South Korean national competitions thread under Other National Events if you're curious to see some info.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
A national ranking competition is being held in the next few days! Pretty much all of the elite level Korean skaters are competing. I posted in the South Korean national competitions thread under Other National Events if you're curious to see some info.

thanks jimeonji for the info!
hmm do you know Korean perhaps? or you just... know where to get the info?

jimeonji

Final Flight
thanks jimeonji for the info!
hmm do you know Korean perhaps? or you just... know where to get the info?

I have some understanding of Korean from studying on my own so it's not too great but it's good enough when I have Naver dictionary to help me out! I don't think there's any information at all in English about this event, sadly. All of what I know is from the KSU website and an article and a blog post I had to dig around for. I will keep everyone updated on results and such as the events happen and do my best to translate reports.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I have some understanding of Korean from studying on my own so it's not too great but it's good enough when I have Naver dictionary to help me out! I don't think there's any information at all in English about this event, sadly. All of what I know is from the KSU website and an article and a blog post I had to dig around for. I will keep everyone updated on results and such as the events happen and do my best to translate reports.

oh cool! kinda jelly that you can at least understand a bit :eek::
thank you for helping out though! I actually go through the same translating process as you (except I know nothing about the language :laugh:). I've been preoccupied with other things lately so I wasn't able to check out my main sources. Thanks again :)

jimeonji

Final Flight
oh cool! kinda jelly that you can at least understand a bit :eek::
thank you for helping out though! I actually go through the same translating process as you (except I know nothing about the language :laugh:). I've been preoccupied with other things lately so I wasn't able to check out my main sources. Thanks again :)

you can learn! I'm looking at some practice reports right now, so I'm going to post it in the Korean national competition thread.

s_parks

Record Breaker

jimeonji

Final Flight
I think they did a triple throw(may have been a double, I wasn't sure) in one of the vids... :jaw: Wasn't Hwi Choi in singles up until late summer/early season? Wow.

I thought it was a triple too (salchow, maybe), unless my unexperienced eyes deceive me? And she was, she went to two JGPs including Croatia, which was in early October. I remember her. I wish them all the best.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=813813405349400&set=vb.306804326050313&type=2&permPage=1

you mean this one? I was a bit confused about which video you guys are talking about. It's highly likely to be a triple salchow when you compare her rotations to this video.

oh Hwi, I actually started liking her after watching her SP this season. She's one of the more expressive skaters out of the SK team this season especially. Can't wait to see how they're doing in nationals though~

her 2014 programs are linked in Kuan's first post here in thread, if anyone wants to see how she skated.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=813813405349400&set=vb.306804326050313&type=2&permPage=1

you mean this one? I was a bit confused about which video you guys are talking about. It's highly likely to be a triple salchow when you compare her rotations to this video.

oh Hwi, I actually started liking her after watching her SP this season. She's one of the more expressive skaters out of the SK team this season especially. Can't wait to see how they're doing in nationals though~

her 2014 programs are linked in Kuan's first post here in thread, if anyone wants to see how she skated.

Yep, that's the one. They look good judging from all the videos he posted, especially since they have been skating for so little time.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yep, that's the one. They look good judging from all the videos he posted, especially since they have been skating for so little time.

I agree! I do see where they need to work one. First one would be syncronizing their speed. Hwi seems slower than him, almost like he's pulling her. Of course, that can be worked as they skate more. I sense a very interesting quad for team SK with ice dancers and pairs being formed....

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
oh Hwi, I actually started liking her after watching her SP this season. She's one of the more expressive skaters out of the SK team this season especially.
same, not cause of her tech but her musicality and expressing the music, she couldnt complete clean FS tho, among the ladies she is the closest one to have yuna- camel, wish her good luck :cheer:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Two of SK's budding Ice Dance team has recently competed in the 2015 Skate Canada Challenge in Pierrefonds, Quebec.

And when I mean budding, I mean they're still in the Pre-Novice category :laugh:

EDITED! See post below for the final placements of these two teams

Olivia Han/ Greyson Locchead
Pattern Dance 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bqspz_pre-novice-pattern-dance-han-locchead_sport
Pattern Dance 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2br7c5_han-locchead-pre-novice-pattern-dance-2-blues_sport
Free Dance: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...n-lochhead-pre-novice-free-dance-replay_sport

Han Na Kim/ Corey Circelli
Pattern Dance 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2br0hf_pre-novice-pattern-dance-tango-kim-circelli_sport
Pattern Dance 2: no video found yet
Free Dance: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...y-circelli-pre-novice-free-dance-replay_sport

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Final Results for the 2015 Skate Canada Challenge for the youngsters

Pre-Novice Ice Dance
Han/Greyson got an overall 2nd place finish. They had some issues in their free dance.
Kim/Circelli managed to jump to an overall 3rd place finish. They had a very nice clean FD.

will link the vids later :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
ALSOOOO
Korean's new ice dance team of Ho Jung Lee and (Richard) Kang In Cham just debuted in Tallin Trophy.

They currently have a SP score of 44.98 with a TES of 25.43 and a PCS of 19.55.
They have a high chance of competing in JW and maybe even 4CC this season.

update:
Yup, they got the tech scores needed for JW! Also, they ended up with an overall 4th place in Tallin Trophy. :)

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
A lot of talents in Korea. I hope they can really develop and be successful.

Thanks for all the updates, by the way! :cheer:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
yeee more fan-cams!
this time it's for Ho Jung and Richard, one of Korea's new ID team! :cheer: Here are their programs from the Tallin Trophy:
SD
FD

they're kinda shaky so if you have a headache or somewhat dizzy, best not to watch them if you're not feeling well...like I am at this moment :laugh:

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
If you want to watch more videos from the Skate Korea last week AND if you want to see their progress or their previous performances and whatnot, here are two YT channels that are very helpful with that matter:

IceScapeRasu
A bit hard to navigate at first since the video titles/info are in Korean, but you'll do fine with the google translate (or with the extension)

JewelskatersCross
A nicer channel for the international fans. The uploader included the skaters' English (or Romanized) version of their names. The channel also included the warm-ups and the awards.

Both of these channels upload videos pretty quickly- always a day after each competition or training session.