Team Korea Youngsters | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
CJH has been training overseas on occasion since last year, according to this clip. Not sure where he went in that clip, but either way, it's great that he's getting ice time overseas. He's so well packaged for a novice, I wonder who's been doing his choreo and costumes.

thats great to hear, i cant wait for next season when he turns junior (i am hoping he will) :cheer:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Korean fs fans has started uploading vids on the upgrading examination sessions of the youngsters on the C/D level...

many double axels are being done. some successful but some are very...wipe out-y

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Nam posted a video today, do you think skater with green top is Cha Jun Hwan?? i cant say for sure but it resembles him :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what his foreign coaching situation is(or I guess he just has Shin as his official coach), but it's nice to see him get some good training overseas. Does anyone know who his choreographer and/or costume designer is? His costumes and programs are both quite great.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
you are forgetting the hair :laugh: it makes me really happy to see him there, from what we've seen from 3 cricket brothers its great environment to be in and to train :cheer:

Lol his hair was the first thing I was mainly focusing on :laugh: I just wasnt sure about it because it looked a bit different far away

Suze

Rinkside
Thanks for posting. I Think CJH has real potential. I watched his programs on YouTube and that posture (top slightly forward) Is definitely him. I wonder if he will be coached by Brian or if the situation with Yuna means this can't happen.

Regardless, I'm rooting for CJH!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
apart from yuna-brian break up, brian is way too busy with at least 6 student (2 being junior ladies and 1 junior man) or maybe even more so its really hard for him to accept more skaters, but regardless of brian, i am glad he is there and training at great environment (would be easier to comment if we knew for how long he will stay there or if thats actually him :laugh:)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Its most likely he's attending "summer camp" there. :yes:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
maybe but he was there even before worlds, when do camps start??

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not sure about the coaching details but a prominent Korean fs blogger did write that KSU is bringing some skaters to TCC for a training camp in July. Maybe he just got a headstart :think:

cooper

Medalist
cha jun jwan doesn't belong to ATS...he's from IB sports.. i guess that's the reason why he can go to cricket club or any international coaches..

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Does anyone know if another someone other than Hae Jin (and of course SY Park) will go for any of the Grand Prix events? Do they have any eligible juniors good enough to move up to Seniors next season?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
cha jun jwan doesn't belong to ATS...he's from IB sports.. i guess that's the reason why he can go to cricket club or any international coaches..

or KSU sees the potential he has and they want to capitalize on it

Besides, why would Yuna stop one of her juniors from getting the opportunity to train to TCC (or anywhere with better ice and learning conditions) where she highly benefitted in? I don't think Yuna is that petty. She may be disgruntled or whatever, but she would probably recommend them to train there too. No need to paint TCC in a bad light. I'll be honest that I was kinda doubtful/nervous on Korean skaters being TCC because of Yuna's breakup with them. But, I knew that I was just being petty about it so I stopped caring anymore. There was no point to it. Let skaters train wherever they want. If the young ones, like An Sohyun (who is in ATS), likes TCC and stays there for the summer, let's not judge them for "swaying" Yuna.

Does anyone know if another someone other than Hae Jin (and of course SY Park) will go for any of the Grand Prix events? Do they have any eligible juniors good enough to move up to Seniors next season?

not too sure
There's still no news on Dabin's decision (or KSU) to move up or stay in JR. Songjoo (the other KOR skater in 4CC) might be able to.... but may be not because of her lower ranking.

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
not too sure
There's still no news on Dabin's decision (or KSU) to move up or stay in JR. Songjoo (the other KOR skater in 4CC) might be able to.... but may be not because of her lower ranking.

IMHO, the KSU should be doing all they can to help So Youn get to the top because she has the most potential to do that right now. Or at least trying to find any other promising younger ladies besides HJ even though she is lovely

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://instagram.com/p/1M-h1rpiDO/?taken-by=happy_soyoun
from this instagram photo, seems, korean skaters is training with this guy right now. who is it and, where is it.
btw, I watched SoYoun's ex (cor I dreamed a dream) again as well as some other skaters of similar age. SoYoun's performance is levels ahead of those who have much higher PCS(and alleged artistic)...if we are talking about real artistry, musicality, dance and interpretation.
usually this is where my frustration at...
I hope gems like this be recognized by more people. and SoYoun will not be buried next season, she shouldnot be buried.