Team Korea Youngsters | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

s_parks

Record Breaker
I wish they could train with Steuer instead, but happy to see a Korean pair- and no citizenship issues :yes:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
From fyeahcjh tumblr (also thanks to uploder GThomas2014 and translator pearlpins):

At Four Continents a brochure about promising young skaters featured Cha Jun Hwan. Here’s what it said:

Cha Junhwan began skating in his first year of grade school, but amazingly, he was not pushed to do it, but decided it himself. Most boys his age are passionate about popular sports like baseball or soccer, but he was different.

Junhwan began to show potential, asking his mother, “Let me learn figure skating.” He competed in many international competitions as a novice, and at the age of 11 learned 5 triple jumps. As he now prepares to turn 15 (note: due to Korean age system he will actually be 14 this year), he will be adding a triple axel to his arsenal.

Junhwan possesses superb control on a technical level, but he also recognizes the importance of artistry and expression. His favorite skater is Daisuke Takahashi. Fascinated by Takahashi’s unique expressiveness, Junhwan says, “It may be because I learned ballet as a child, but I take the importance of expressing one’s emotions very seriously."

Junhwan feels it’s unfortunate that there are few men’s skaters against whom to compete domestically. [He says,] "There are only 3 to 5 skaters that I’m able to compete with [in Korea].” Junhwan will be competing in the ISU Junior Grand Prix Series for the first time in the 2015-2016 season.

i cant wait to see him at JGPS next year :cheer: btw what do they mean by Korean age system??

Hailey Shin

Medalist
From fyeahcjh tumblr (also thanks to uploder GThomas2014 and translator pearlpins):

i cant wait to see him at JGPS next year :cheer: btw what do they mean by Korean age system??

In Korea, people gets old just after they born, and gets older year by year on 1st day of January, not by birthday.
For example, if a baby born in December 2014, he's already one year old baby just after born.
And then first day of January 2015, he turns into 2 years old.

So it looks more older than real age if you use Korean age system.
Of course Korean also use common age system in some case. In this case, it called 'maan' age.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
In Korea, people gets old just after they born, and gets older year by year on 1st day of January, not by birthday.
For example, if a baby born in December 2014, he's already one year old baby just after born.
And then first day of January 2015, he turns into 2 years old.

So it looks more older than real age if you use Korean age system.
Of course Korean also use common age system in some case. In this case, it called 'maan' age.

ohh i see, thanks for info! its amazing how much you can learn from FS forum :laugh:
also thanks s_parks!

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Aww. What happened to her. Btw, thank you!!!

There's a new interview of MJ Kwak.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ko&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportnest.kr%2F2157&edit-text=&act=url

But it is google translated version of Korean interview, so there are many errors there.
The article concentrated on figure skater's off-season rather than how MJ is getting alone.
I'll translate some.

She said: 1. There's no 'off-season' for figure skaters actually, because when skaters rest a lot, it's getting harder to do jumps.
2. Figure skater's season usually starts at October.
3. My personal goal of off-season is not gaining weight, and prevent body shape changing.
4. Many people already knows about me and SY Park, HJ Kim, but there are a lots of young skaters to watch in Korea after Yuna Kim.
I want to pick So-hyun An and Eun-soo Lim for skaters to watch.
5. Thank you for cheer me up even my competitions were not good. I will really do my best all time. I'm concentrate on training now, so I think the result soon come out good.

Reporter said that MJ emphasis thanks to her fans several times in interview. And she said she doesn't want to disappoint her fans.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
So beautiful.. :love:

Looks like it was done for the video and not for a live audience though?

and yeah it was done for the video
it's the MV jimeonji was talking about

Yuna needs to make them skate to this in ATS

yyyskate

Record Breaker
wow. this is amazing, a completely new form of skating, mix of singles, pairs and ice dance, at the same time without any limitation. total free skating. reminds me of Zijun and Han's pair skating. I think ATS could manage to do some program like this with creative ideas.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Cuter and look more like an animator character than Hanyu at his age with the bowl hair cut and everything. No Pooh needed either.

This Kungfu panda program kills me. That falls goes perfect with the music as if is intended. He should do a duet with Julia Lip. How old was he then? He need to hold his positions at the end, he was like 'yikes... I can't believe I fell 5 seconds ago, let's get outta here'!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Cuter and look more like an animator character than Hanyu at his age with the bowl hair cut and everything. No Pooh needed either.

This Kungfu panda program kills me. That falls goes perfect with the music as if is intended. He should do a duet with Julia Lip. How old was he then? He need to hold his positions at the end, he was like 'yikes... I can't believe I fell 5 seconds ago, let's get outta here'!

according to this users tag, he was only 8 years old :laugh: and i want him to do ina bauer with yuzuru (i think hanyu was cuter but i am biased haha :laugh:):love:

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Look like an anime is the way to go in today's figure skating! :yes::yes::cool: