2014 Cup of Russia GALA / Exhibition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of Russia GALA / Exhibition

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Rika is 18?! Where was she when she was 16?

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
Michal is handsome, but I think he lacks the charisma of Javier.

Wasn't sure how Anna's EX would go over in Russia...glad they seemed to like it!

People in Russia definitely Love Anna's EX! There are a lot of adequate people who are not responsible for the actions of their government, just saying.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
For those who are interested: Voronov skated to the prominent russian bard, singer, actor, songwriter Vladimir Vysotsky. He may not be that known for the modern generation but he is an icon in Russian culture.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
People in Russia definitely Love Anna's EX! There are a lot of adequate people who are not responsible for the actions of their government, just saying.

Oh, I know...I just remember the Eurovision debacle too well

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
hahahah Eurosport's "A breathe of fresh air" to Carmen,

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Rika looks so awkward! But understandable seeing as this is her first senior competition as THAT future contender. Her fan gave me shivers of Mao Asada in her 2009-10 season.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Rika is 18?! Where was she when she was 16?

According to wiki- she debuted during the 12-13 season. She came in 3rd at Japan Junior, 5th in Nationals, 2nd JGP France, 5th JGP Croatia, & 9th at Junior Worlds. She's only been in 15 competitions during her career- five the first, 6 last season, & 4 so far this year. I don't know why she didn't debut until about 16- perhaps she didn't have the jumps solid enough? Or maybe money issues? :confused2:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Rika looks so awkward! But understandable seeing as this is her first senior competition as THAT future contender. Her fan gave me shivers of Mao Asada in her 2009-10 season.

That is probably because they are the SAME fans.

Lota

Record Breaker
Awww, I loved how Morozov looked at Tarasova at the beginning :) I understand they are a couple in real life, no?

lady_bee

Medalist
For those who are interested: Voronov skated to the prominent russian bard, singer, actor, songwriter Vladimir Vysotsky. He may not be that known for the modern generation but he is an icon in Russian culture.

Thank you. I was very curious about the music, and assumed the singer must be someone very "Big" in Russia.

thoakun

Final Flight
According to wiki- she debuted during the 12-13 season. She came in 3rd at Japan Junior, 5th in Nationals, 2nd JGP France, 5th JGP Croatia, & 9th at Junior Worlds. She's only been in 15 competitions during her career- five the first, 6 last season, & 4 so far this year. I don't know why she didn't debut until about 16- perhaps she didn't have the jumps solid enough? Or maybe money issues? :confused2:

I noticed her a few years ago together with Riona Kato and she has come a long way. I think it's smart of her to wait until this season to debut, as she would have been buried in the national's standings by the seniors

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Japan has very deep field, with Mao/Akiko/Kanako/Imai/Risa (what happened to her), I can understand why she was in Juniors for so long. Surprised she is 18 though, haven't been paying too much attention to her. This new info makes me reassess her performance/potential. This event was suppose to design for an easy win for Adelina, so other than Anna, there's not many real contenders.

Last edited: