Mariah Bell | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
UPDATE:

While the GS Forums allows discussion on official news and statements, we do not tolerate speculation, rumors, gossip, stereotyping, etc. We tried to allow discussion in the thread below, however, too many comments needed to be moderated due to the above which goes against the GS Forum Guidelines and our request to stick to the facts.

Until further notice, please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell.

Thanks for understanding.

ISU Statement regarding Bell and Lim

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Here to wish Mariah good luck and firm nerves in the free. I hope she can just clear her head and skate free of all the drama of the last few days. I am not a completely converted fan, but she's going through a very difficult time right in the middle of such an important competition. I feel she needs some cheering now more than ever. Go, Mariah, good luck!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Beautiful FS from Mariah ... and congratulations to her and Bradie for USA 2 spots next season.. you did well and we your fans are grateful!!

natsulian

Final Flight
The growth Mariah exhibited during the 2018/2019 season has been beyond incredible. Mariah has ALL the goods and tools to become one of the US’ top ladies and when there was a vacant spot, she seized the moment.

Not only did Mariah break the 200 barrier internationally for the very first time in her career, she posted THREE ISU bests, and skated the Short and Free programs of her career thus far.

Mariah did not break down, but took everything that happened and molded herself into a stronger person.

Congrats Mariah on a Top 10 finish at Worlds, her very first, and a HUGE good luck come next season.

Plisskin

Medalist
Mariah’s statement on Instagram. It sucks that she had to go through that and I hope she or USFSA seeks repercussions from that agency:

"I’m happy to be back home after two good skates at World Championships and a season that I’m really proud of. I want to thank my family, fans and friends, Rafael and Vera Arutunian and U.S. Figure Skating for their support last week. As I told Eunsoo in Japan, the incident at practice was very unfortunate and I meant absolutely no harm. Our training environment is professional and supportive, and I’ve never changed locker rooms or training times or anything like that. The comments that my friends, family and I received on social media were hateful and disturbing and hopefully this situation raises awareness and causes people to think twice before hitting ‘tweet’ or ‘post.’ I learned a lot about my inner strength last week, and I’m excited to continue to train in the lead up to Beijing in 2022. "

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Looks good!!
Hair extensions and make-up?!! Wonder what's in store...:biggrin:

elliana

On the Ice
I am so curious to see the new FS that Shae-Lynn Bourne did for her. Have no idea what the music is yet, Mariah hasn’t been posting much about skating. I also wonder if she’s working on any new jumps. Any insider info?

nguyhm

On the Ice
Congratulations to Mariah for winning gold at Nebelhorn :hap10::luv17: I'm so excited for her. I'm absolutely in love with her Exhibition program, she exhumes love and happiness and she performs with such freedom and joy. The song is my favorite out of the A Star is Born soundtrack. Anxious to see how her competitive programs develop throughout the season. I'm still not sold on Hallelujah, I wish her FS would be something more "live" and joyful but it's good that Mariah is exploring a more "spiritual" aspect - I'm also burnt out on Halleluja (even Patrick who I adore could not sell me Hallelujah) so it's my personal preference.

Azikin

Medalist
I'm still not sold on Hallelujah, I wish her FS would be something more "live" and joyful but it's good that Mariah is exploring a more "spiritual" aspect - I'm also burnt out on Halleluja (even Patrick who I adore could not sell me Hallelujah) so it's my personal preference.

I agree and I won't ever be sold on yet another Hallelujah cover.. really disappointing choice of music.. previous FP was very lovely..

Lipinski boy

Rinkside
Here’s hoping that her recent win at Nebelhorn will put her into a path of upwards momentum, hopefully resulting in many more wins. Not only is Mariah talented, but her programs are a throwback to another era when you’d often see ladies skate with huge smiles on their faces that would never leave. Sure, I love Bradie Tennell’s epic Ice Queen look, but I long to see more skaters like Mariah who appear to have fun and bubbly joy with every second they’re on the ice.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Best of Luck in France Mariah !! Looking forward to both short and long!!:yahoo:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I am feeling very happy about how Mariah skated today [emoji4][emoji119][emoji108] she seemed relaxed and her performance was good! I'm very pleased for her [emoji106]

Ella5555

On the Ice
What a beautiful free skate by Mariah! She seemed so happy and relaxed while performing. Thrilled that she won the bronze.