Mariah Bell | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Apparently Lambiel commented on Mariah in an interview :eeking: (I don't know if the media is serious, but what they wrote is so cute :love: )

http://www.tellerreport.com/sports/...o--coaching-and-quad-jumping-.B1L-giv8nr.html

"I saw Mariah Bell training. She rode as if speaking in the rays of a serachlight. A beitching sight. It seemed that every cell of her body in its place. Her skating looks both dynamic and natural. I watched the American lesson with great plesure and got a lot of impressions. In her case, we can talk about various technical and artistic elements"

I wonder if Mariah could go to Golden Spin (well, Bradie will go to GPF) :scratch2:

dancelion21

On the Ice
I’m so proud of Mariah’s skate today, even though it wasn’t enough for gold, I’ll never forget it, and she was absolutely ethereal and captivating on the ice.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I am so proud of her! That free skate was amazing and it moved me to tears. I look forward to seeing her at worlds. I wish her all the best and hope she makes another moment for herself!

lusterfan

Final Flight
Anyone know if Mariah will be sent to any small international competitions before Worlds? Skipping 4CC could be a blow to her momentum, and without those points she will remain #7 in World Standing among the Worlds competitors (won't make the final SP group).

She still has room for a 2nd international competition to count in her World Standing, so sending her to a competition (like Challenge Cup) would be pretty important!

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Anyone know if Mariah will be sent to any small international competitions before Worlds? Skipping 4CC could be a blow to her momentum, and without those points she will remain #7 in World Standing among the Worlds competitors (won't make the final SP group).

She still has room for a 2nd international competition to count in her World Standing, so sending her to a competition (like Challenge Cup) would be pretty important!

Making the last short program group is nice but I don’t think it is worth the risk of going to 4CC and blowing her consistency since that competition is so close to nationals and tricky for her to peak and prepare for. I think that her team has made the right decisions to focus on the right competitions and not waste energy going to every single thing they could go to. Also with 4CC being in South Korea I am glad she is not going.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

Azikin

Medalist
Seeing Bradie at 4CC, why isn't Mariah there? She was so great at US Nationals...

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Seeing Bradie at 4CC, why isn't Mariah there? She was so great at US Nationals...

She chose not to go, just like she chose not to go to Golden Spin. She's probably more focused on peaking at worlds and she's been more careful about peaking for competitions this season. I don't think there was really a benefit to her going and it is in South Korea, which she might want to avoid. I think aside from that she went last year because it was close to home, and thus easier to add to the list. I was privileged to go see her in the long program last year and she skated beautifully.

After the high of nationals I agree with her on this call, I think it takes a lot to put out a performance like she did and I think taking time to prepare for worlds is better than rushing into the next competition and potentially having a break in her consistency this season.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Mariah, well deserved honor. Her performance of Hallelujah at Nationals was simply the best!