Mariah Bell | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

TMC

Record Breaker
Here's another who loves Mariah! (Love is not a word that my people use lightly, but like just isn't strong enough!)

#TeamKoro!!! :cheer: :cheer2:

I haven't been following her long; just after she joined #TemKoRo (drat, my #TeamKorene didn't catch on even though it has less capitals :mad: :laugh: )

Basically when these started to appear...

A Team KoRo post, which belongs here in Mariah's thread as much as in Jason's ;):

Colorado Sports Center
Wishing you all the best!!! #NC2015 @jomosk8 @jasonbskates @tyler___pierce @mariahsk8rbell
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1044922972190013 (Jan 19 photo)​

...I was intrigued by the sweet-looking girl with the infectious smile. Now I think about it, her smile to me is just as infectious as Jason's, which let's face it is about 50% of why I love him so much!

Found a couple of old videos with interview with Mariah online.

What I did come across was

...regarding her getting a student of the year award for last year.

...and this is what is making me an uber, basically! Always had much respect for learning and academics, so when someone is able to not only achieve at school or college, but also combine it with a demanding sport at a high level...add to that a sunny, positive personality and basically you couldn't ask for more, am I right?

I was also very impressed by her FS at Nationals, because there had been reports that she was really struggling with her 3-3s in practice. Although she didn't do one in the FS (IIRC?), just the experience of struggling and failing with jumps in Nationals practice is something I can imagine might rattle any skater's composure. But she came out for her FS and looked the surest of any of the ladies (sorry Ashley!)!!!

About her infectious smile and happy demeanour - I visited my parents this past weekend and showed my mum some clips from IN. While she was impressed with Ashley, Jason and Adam, she just fell in love with Mariah immediately. Towards the end of the program she had this huge smile on her face and kept pointing out to me how Mariah smiles after completing her jumps, and by the ending pose she was full on laughing, purely out of happiness for Mariah!

She's the kind of skater that not only pulls you in but makes you root for her because of the joy and enjoyment she obviously has in her sport. I'm pretty sure that Mariah's FS is going to be the skate I will watch when I need a pick-me-up this year (last year's was Riverdance, the year before that it was Tron, and the year before that Die Fledermaus!)

ETA: While I rarely if ever agree with Dave Lease, this Nationals was totally an infomercial for Kori Ade & Rohene Ward!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Having fun after a memorable week at Nationals.

http://instagram.com/p/yvqAGZh7rP/

TMC: Glad to hear that others can get the same joy from watching her skate. Have you seen her SP from last years Nationals. Don't mean to spoil anything if you haven't but I think your mom would love it :)

TMC

Record Breaker
Having fun after a memorable week at Nationals.

http://instagram.com/p/yvqAGZh7rP/

TMC: Glad to hear that others can get the same joy from watching her skate. Have you seen her SP from last years Nationals. Don't mean to spoil anything if you haven't but I think your mom would love it :)

Thanks! I've watched it but my mum hasn't; she's coming over this weekend though so a skating video marathon is definitely happening!

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
I love watching Mariah Bell. The pleasure she takes in performance is so genuine and so different from so many other skaters, who only seem to pretend to the emotions they express. It is true and good and of the moment, and I cannot help but think that such radiance must find its source elsewhere. In that respect, at least, she rather reminds me of Janet Lynn, who was herself a source of light.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow great, hope she can try it at competition one day :cheer:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cheer: 3 axels everywhere!!' :cheer2:

That looks really clean to me. I'd love to see an attempt without the harness :prayers:

#movingonup

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
That jump is SUPERBE! It actually reminds me a lot of Meissner's...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bring it, Mariah!:cheer: Also liking the love from Kori for the pole guy.;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't wait until next season already :slink:

Does she perform in any summer shows?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Can't wait until next season already :slink:

Does she perform in any summer shows?

She was at Broadmoor Open last year I believe.

Glacial Falls (California) I *think* was the same weekend as Golden West (Denver, CO greater metropolitan area) last year and i know Jason was at Glacial Falls, not sure about the rest of team koro, i don't think any were at Golden West. At any rate I know there was some conflict for Golden West for Jason last year.

Last edited: