Mariah Bell | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

jwren

Rinkside
Could she be any more precious? She's adorable and so positive, but you can tell she's tough as nails underneath. She has the confidence, guts, and sheer talent to make it; I'll definitely be rooting for her this year. Go team KoRo!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Highlights and recaps for those who can't handle the low rent Johnny and Tara. Because I am board and this gives me something to do.

1. Triple Axel question - how long working on it and long term plans.

Been working on it for about a month but not a lot as she only works on it when Kori is around and not traveling. She is thinking a year or two trying it out. Mostly now it is for fun. She has tried it off harness and felt like doing an over-rotated 2A was easier than expected.

2. Asked about Nancy's "Born on the Fourth of July" as that is Mariah's LP next season.

Rohene made her watch Nancy's and Mariah loved it and noted general excited. First time Rohene is choreographing for her, enjoying the challenge of Rohene. She thinks she may be portraying the flag in the program.

3. How often does she hear that her and her sister should skate as the frozen sisters (her sister is in Disney on Ice).

Often is the answer, very very often.

4. Why did she go with Kori.

She felt like she had freedom to go anywhere as she just graduated high school, and wanted to make a change and team Koro worked. She as happy it was local to make it easier and a good environment. Said Kori very positive and always looking for solutions. Mariah said she feels like she can bring any problem to her and Kori will have ideas on how to solve it. Also talked about giving not just skating but life lessons in a similar vein to what Jason and his mother have said.

5. How much does she attribute her success to Kori.

A lot was the answer. Kori was the one pushing for her to "come on to the scene", Mariah has not been thinking in those terms and it was Kori that pushed her to do more and start to see herself as more of a top skater.

6. Asked about Kori's technique.

Mariah said Kori is big on the "second up" on jumps. I don't know the tech side well enough to process this, but it sounds like she focuses on trying to get a second boost of height at the peak of the jump. I would think it might also help with the delayed rotation that is a GOE bullet.

7. Asked about Katherine Hill.

Currently working off ice a lot cited improv as a current topic she is focusing on.

8. What is Rohene like working with him on choreography.

Sounds like a lot of watching him doing it and then translating it to her learning it. Looking forward to having him in house so to speak for the season to work with he. LP is don't done yet.

9. SP yet?

Cindy Stewart will be doing the short again. Mariah felt like she has a long term good relationship with her so she wanted her to still do one of the programs. Music is called Storm Cry. We think this is the music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-WCan1wYLg

10. Dave took a break to ask if she has got to see Rohene practice his trying to look naked program. Mariah said she does not really get to see him practice as she really only sees him when he is training people. He does show off to motivate them. She was working on a 2a+3T and he came over "do you need me to do it" and he goes off and one perfectly. She said it gives her motivation. She has seen him do counter-rotated 2As but not lutzes "but she is sure if you asked him he would do one perfectly.

11. Asked about the training group - interestingly they listed them as "Jordan Moeller, Jason Brown, Jordan Pierce" I kinda like that they are not overly focused on Jason and sharing the love.

She said they are supportive and very healthy competition. Very warm and happy seeming. Also she said that is not just the skaters at nationals, but the entire rink has the close like family atmosphere from all levels of skaters.

12. Asked about her competitive side.

She pulls from the atmosphere/environment. She does see herself as competitive but more competitive with herself.

13. What chanced from Nebelhorn to Sectional to Nationals.

She felt like she really did not have the time to really train for Nebelhorn as it was so early and talked about sorta growing during the season and alluded to peaking at the right time.

14. They did ask about if she was asked to got to Junior worlds. Jenny added that she was asked to go to juniors after skating as a senior and she did not.

Mairah said "I wanted stay senior" and was open about just he goal being senior. She was happy with getting the alternate spot to 4CC.

15. What are you focusing on for next year.

She does not know. But she wants to keep going, and wants to get in the final group and nationals. Then she let herself admit she would love to get to skate in the USA at worlds next year. She certainly hinted she would love to get Skate America.

16. What are you working on tech wise?

Working on 3Z+3T and 3F+3T as well as getting her 1/2L+3S tacked on to a triple rather than a 2A.

17. Do you work on your lines?

She sees it as detail work in general. So yes, but as park of a bigger picture.

18. Asked her astrological sign.

"I don't know" it was cute. She was clueless.

19. Favorite skating program.

Named Riverdance. But also said she is enjoying getting to see all the hard work that went into it. Also added she is likely to like just about any top skate at worlds or the Olympics.

20. Favorite and least favorite jump.

Favorite is lutz, loop she hates. Nationals was her first competition with a 3Loop. "We're learning to be best friends" but she did not get it down till last summer.

21. Favorite element.

She likes her entrance to her layback. We think it is what is seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqJxlfE-j2g&feature=youtu.be&t=3m57s "or having a great lutz cuz it's my favorite"

22. Favorite shows

New Girl and Mindy Project also she likes TLC.

23. Pump up playlist.

Likes Jessie J/Masterpiece, little bit of Katy Perry. Likes top 40.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^
Thx for the recap, Stitch, it gave me the confidence to watch the interview myself. Actually could tolerate the poor man's Johnny and Tara :laugh2: much better because of it.

Mariah's recounting was of her interaction with Rohene was great: "Do you need to see how to do that double/triple, [flip of head] here let me show you". I would pay good money to see Rohene train one of the Team Koro skaters. :yay:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the recap. Since Sasha no American has caught my attention like Mariah has. I really hope to see more from her be it interviews or just skating clips. I'm 100% on board with what this girl is doing :cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the recap. Since Sasha no American has caught my attention like Mariah has. I really hope to see more from her be it interviews or just skating clips. I'm 100% on board with what this girl is doing :cheer:

San Skwantch, totally OT: is Chopa now your avatar???:biggrin:
And go Mariah!:cheer: (just to come back to the thread).

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes and YES!! I've got more than enough :love: to go around !!!!

Did anyone catch Mariah's twitter post the other day. She is really funny!!

https://instagram.com/p/0a8lqLRX2X/
"I promise that would not happen".

:rofl: I guess a couple of fake sheep isn't enough in Mariah's world to convince your neighbors that you are a real farmer.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like a Weimaraner, a beautiful breed. The dog is sleeping on her shoes, which means they might be ruined by doggy drool, lol.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Mariah posted a good luck message to Team USA for for WTT.

https://instagram.com/p/1hJjNoxX1M/

So I have to ask, Mariah, do you offer personal ab training?

I knew she would post something. I think that Team USA should have taken Mariah along with them for good luck and to ward off evil spirits.

So she is super cute and has the ability to kick butt with serious ab power!! Mariah....stop. I'm already a fan. Let's not over do it. :cool:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you Doris!!!! Anything Mariah is appreciated of course but this is above and beyond :bow:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"You're never fully dressed without a smile" -Mariah's "custom title" for Twitter.

Well I guess Mariah just helped me get dressed today :)

Last edited: