Mariah Bell | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah and Tyler Pierce play with the "coaching board" to claim Kori all to themselves:

https://instagram.com/p/2GwojdJyuw/

(something I never thought about and will be cross-posting in Jason thread, as it gets more visitors, as to how this works. Rohene and Vincent (a French skater whose last name I forget, but who is a coach at 7k) can't be looking for coaching, can they?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mariah and Tyler Pierce play with the "coaching board" to claim Kori all to themselves:

https://instagram.com/p/2GwojdJyuw/

(something I never thought about and will be cross-posting in Jason thread, as it gets more visitors, as to how this works. Rohene and Vincent (a French skater whose last name I forget, but who is a coach at 7k) can't be looking for coaching, can they?

Rohene will be competing -- in May, IIRC -- in a U.S. pro competition.

So I think it would make sense that he is on the receiving end of coaching.

ETA:
That said, b/c Mariah and Tyler mischievously have "messed up" ;) the board, I wonder whether Rohene really is scheduled to receive coaching in the slot where his name appears??

BTW, a label down at the very bottom of the board has Kori's name on it ... :think: ... as if it sometimes get placed within (not at the top of) one of the columns. (I do see Kori also at the top of the column that Mariah and Tyler wish they could monopolize. :laugh:)

I do remember a photo from ages ago of the coach Emily on the ice with Kori. Must have been on Kori's Instagram, b/c the caption said something like,"Coaches also need coaching!" The photo seemed to be of Emily receiving a skating lesson from Kori.​

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woot:cheer: Mariah; she'll charm the socks off of them, I'm sure!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i think there is a chance, when they see her at SA they will be enchanted by her smile and wont have other choice but to invite her :love:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited for Mariah's first GP assignment. Didn't she say in her TSL interview that she wanted SA? Good for her!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Yay! :love: Is there a chance of her getting another GP? (there're those 2 open slots in China, for one...)

China already has three US ladies so that is a no, same with NHK. TEB has a TBD sport I could see offering to her, especially if she does well or even metals at SA, that might be her best chance for second slot.

deetrakt

Rinkside
Wondering why Mariah only gets one GP when Courtney Hicks and Hannah Miller, both of whom she beat by several places at US Nationals, each get two.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Courtney did respectably well in her 2 GPs last year.

Mariah did not do all that well internationally,as her PBs show.

Personal Best Total Score 153.17 07.09.2013 ISU JGP Mexico Cup 2013
Personal Best Score Short Program 51.08 05.12.2014 Golden Spin of Zagreb 2014
Personal Best Score Free Skating 103.26 07.09.2013 ISU JGP Mexico Cup 2013

deetrakt

Rinkside
Courtney did respectably well in her 2 GPs last year.

Mariah did not do all that well internationally,as her PBs show.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree that Courtney's GP experience, not to mention her astonishing jumping potential, give her the edge.

I still don't understand why Hannah Miller got the nod over Mariah Bell. Miller has been touted as a "future star", but has competed as a senior lady at the US Nationals for the last 3 years and placed 9th or 10th each time. In contrast, since moving to 7K and Team KoRo, Mariah has been making obvious and steady improvement in both technique and performance. (Both are making their GP debuts.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hannah Miller posted better international scores, including a 170+ at a senior B, which put her on the top 24 SB list, making her eligible for one GP and easily in the running for another.

Mariah did better at nationals, but I'm not sure that Feds outside of USFSA take much account of it. In any case, delighted that USFSA gave her Skate America.

I'm deligted for Hannah as well. She also has great musicality and I'm hoping working with Raf and having Ashley as a teammate will help her greatly.

Last edited: