2014-15 JPN Nationals TV & Livestream | Golden Skate

2014-15 JPN Nationals TV & Livestream

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I will be out of Japan for the holidays and was hoping someone might know of a place that will be streaming the Japan Nationals? Any advice would be appreciated. :confused:

Sincerely,
PJ

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I will be out of Japan for the holidays and was hoping someone might know of a place that will be streaming the Japan Nationals? Any advice would be appreciated. :confused:

Sincerely,
PJ

It was mentioned (by CaroLiza_Fan, IIRC) in the NHK Gala thread that there was in fact a stream for Japan's Nationals last year & when I checked the archives, I did see some. I think you will probably have to wait until we're closer to the competition to see which streams will actually be working.... :think:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
It was mentioned (by CaroLiza_Fan, IIRC) in the NHK Gala thread that there was in fact a stream for Japan's Nationals last year & when I checked the archives, I did see some. I think you will probably have to wait until we're closer to the competition to see which streams will actually be working.... :think:

Thanks satine94! Will do. :agree:

cleo2070

Final Flight

Thanks for the link!
So, if I'm reading (and converting) this correctly, it means:

26 Dec 2014
(local time)
16:25-20:15 - Men SP (7:25-11:15 UTC)
20:30-21:30 - Dance SD (11:30-12:30 UTC)
21:45-22:15 - Pairs SP (12:45-13:15 UTC)

27 Dec 2014
(local time)
15:00-18:50 - Ladies SP (6:00-9:50 UTC)
19:10-23:00 - Men FS (10:10-14:00 UTC)

28 Dec 2014
(local time)
13:30-14:50 - Dance FD (4:30-5:50 UTC)
15:05-15:35 - Pairs FS (6:05-6:35 UTC)
15:50-19:25 - Ladies FS (6:50-10:25 UTC)

Does anyone know if this gets broadcast live? And is that the reason it lasts well into the evening?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks for the link!
So, if I'm reading (and converting) this correctly, it means:

Does anyone know if this gets broadcast live? And is that the reason it lasts well into the evening?

THANK YOU SO MUCH Cleo2070!!!! :bow:

(...and thank you for providing times in my time zone ;) )

And the best news is that, apart from the Free Dance, it will not involve getting up terribly early! :biggrin:

It normally is broadcast LIVE, so keep an eye on this thread for more details as and when the livestreams are found.

CaroLiza_fan

Caustica

Final Flight
It was mentioned in the Tatsuki Machida thread that according to this poster, the starting times are instead:

26/12 7pm men's short
27/12 6:30pm ladies' short & then men's free
28/12 7pm ladies' free

I am thinking, that maybe these are the times when they will be broadcasted on TV. So either they are not showing all of nationals, or they are broadcasting them at a delayed time.

Last edited:

jace93

On the Ice
It was mentioned in the Tatsuki Machida thread that according to this poster, the starting times are instead:

26/12 7pm men's short
27/12 6:30pm ladies' short & then men's free
28/12 7pm ladies' free

I am thinking, that maybe these are the times when they will be broadcasted on TV. So either they are not showing all of nationals, or they are broadcasting them at a delayed time.

Last year they only showed the later groups on tv.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Regarding live stream: I heard that you can watch the TV stream using LINE Live. I've never tried it, maybe someone can have a try here? I also heard that there is a software called Niji, but I am not sure if it works for those who don't understand Japanese... (Sorry again that I've never tried it either).

Regarding schedule: What Cleo2070 post is the exact schedule. The TV broadcast for SP will be either delayed or live, depending on the draw (not yet announced). Most likely it will be partly delayed and partly live (they did it during GPF Gala).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I don't have info on a live stream but last year @sportsnavi provided live results.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Regarding live stream: I heard that you can watch the TV stream using LINE Live. I've never tried it, maybe someone can have a try here? I also heard that there is a software called Niji, but I am not sure if it works for those who don't understand Japanese... (Sorry again that I've never tried it either).

Thanks pandaatlarge! I will give Line Live a try.:agree:

deedee1

Record Breaker
It's sort of silly of me to ask this question :sarcasm: ... but since I don't go to J Nats this year thus plan to watch thru my PC, were there any live streams on J Nats in the past??? Or do I have to wait until TV broadcast where they probably show only 10 skaters or so... :slink:

cleo2070

Final Flight
Oops, missed some stuff from this thread!
Caroliza_fan, you're welcome (though really, you should give yourself a pat on the back for choosing to live in the UTC timezone;)) and thanks for the advice!
pandaatlarge, thanks for the info! Is there any other way of using LINE Live other than on the phone? (technology is really great, but it sure gets confusing at times, IMO)
And finally, one more question: where can I find the Japanese version of the event page?