Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I miss the *total* Pairs listing for GPF?

And if I am reading the Google Docs chart correctly, am I also sharing a bronze for overall pairs?

This from someone who says they play only for fun.;) If so, I credit the fact that Nate Bartholomay's mother made my sister's wedding cake, and I saved some for my own wedding....as good a reason for my guesses as any.:laugh2:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Yes Sir!:dance:

You see? Because you predicted with your heart. :biggrin:

I really thought they had it together this season. After their first 2 skates, they were looking so good! So what is your advice, do the prediction with my head and only defer to my heart when my head makes no sense, or stick to my head when my heart tells me insane things?!:laugh2: Am confused with my own statement already!:rofl:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
And now for the overall winners of the Grand Prix Final round!

Gold medal:
SashaJuliaSpins and Danja (390)

Silver medal:
Becki and Alba (360)

Bronze medal:
Isabel_O'Reilly, cjmorton and CaroLiza_fan (330)

4th: Wilheimina, Mentalopes, LRK, Li’Kitsu, Inside edges, FSGMT and Alchamel (300)
11th: WeakAnkles, Skategmt, mis751, guenever, FTnoona, CanadianSkaterGuy, anyanka (270)

:jaw::laugh2::rofl: Even with a zero for the men (I think)? You got to be kidding right? I am going to spoil myself with a shopping spree...a very expensive one!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:jaw::laugh2::rofl: Even with a zero for the men (I think)? You got to be kidding right? I am going to spoil myself with a shopping spree...a very expensive one!

Um...you do know there's no cash prize, right? But I suppose bragging rights is enough of an excuse to shop. ;)

Mentalopes

Rinkside
OMG I have won! I thought that with the different scoring in the GPF and my disaster picks in all categories excepting ice dance I wasn't going to win.
I want to thank to all the scorers for such a hard work and they were always in time to watch our scores, amazing job!
Now, I have to focus on the National Predicions Game!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Um...you do know there's no cash prize, right? But I suppose bragging rights is enough of an excuse to shop. ;)

:disapp: There I was thinking of the humongous prize money I just won :laugh2: ...oh well! I guess I'll have to stick to a cheap shopping spree then!:drama: (love this icon)

Becki

Medalist
And for the grand finale, the ever-so unpredictable MEN.

The majority of the contestants scored 60....30............ZERO. (Sorry!)

So special props to our top scorers.
Gold medal: Becki (120)
Silver medal: YesWay, FSGMT, Kittosui, lightsout, darazam, Astrid56 and Alchamei (90)
Bronze medal: All of you 24 of you who managed to get two placements correctly! (60)

Special shoutout to Skategmt, TMC, CaroLiza_fan and text_skate for guessing Voronov in 3rd place. You were the only ones out of 92 participants to make that prediction!

AND NOW FOR OUR OVERALL MEN WINNERS!!!!

Gold medal with 340 points.... lightsout!
Silver medal with 315 points .... FSGMT and darazam! (Both were tied for 17th place after NHK!)
Bronze medal with 310 points ... YesWay!

And the rest:
4th: HR4 (305)
5th: guenever and CaroLiza_fan (300)
7th: semosk8fan (295)
8th: WoChair, rosacotton and CanadianSkaterGuy (285)
11th: TMC, surimi, sbstien, lost3iron (275)
14th: WeakAnkles, katmari, Hyena, bea (270)
18th: tulosai, Poice, el henry (265)
21st: sunny_stars, Snow63, Lydia1703, gallavich, FIREBIRD, Danja (255)

Haha, when it comes to GPF and Men, I always put Yuzuru in first place when the odds are against him. That's basically my strategy.

alebi

Medalist
Thank you guys for your works!! :clap: It was an epic Gran Prix season and even if the end wasn't the best for me (only in terms of predictions, since lot of my favourite won :cheer:... but I had not faith in them :bang:) I'm still happy because I've enjoyed it and I've also finished with a gold and bronze medal!!

I already miss the game... Unfortunately I didn't log in and didn't see the National Champs Prediction Game has already begun :cry: It's time to catch up on it!!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
GPF Pairs Results

Winners: dress, Alba, Lydia1703, Elcair (120 points)
2nd Place: snowflake, Alchamel (90 points)
3rd Place: Danja, el henry, guenever, Isabel_O'Reilly, Poice, sbstien, Skategmt, surimi, SashaJuliaSpins, Skater Boy, figureskateobasan, FTnoona, Sabrina (60 points)

:party2::cheer2: Congratulations to the medalists, and to everyone who played this year!!! :party::cheer:

I was second? :shocked: I guess that's my best result. Great game! By the way, why it always writes my name as AlchameI? The last letter is i.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
And for the grand finale, the ever-so unpredictable MEN.

The majority of the contestants scored 60....30............ZERO. (Sorry!)

So special props to our top scorers.
Gold medal: Becki (120)
Silver medal: YesWay, FSGMT, Kittosui, lightsout, darazam, Astrid56 and Alchamei (90)
Bronze medal: All of you 24 of you who managed to get two placements correctly! (60)

And second again in Men! Brilliant! :biggrin:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
And now for the overall winners of the Grand Prix Final round!

Gold medal:
SashaJuliaSpins and Danja (390)

Silver medal:
Becki and Alba (360)

Bronze medal:
Isabel_O'Reilly, cjmorton and CaroLiza_fan (330)

4th: Wilheimina, Mentalopes, LRK, Li’Kitsu, Inside edges, FSGMT and Alchamel (300)
11th: WeakAnkles, Skategmt, mis751, guenever, FTnoona, CanadianSkaterGuy, anyanka (270)

I got a bronze medal? Wow, I got the results I wanted in the three disciplines but not in the one I wanted most.

I wanted W/P and D/R to win because they're my favorite this year and they have the best programs and because they're Canadian. But for the Men I couldn't decide who I wanted to win Javier for the hometown victory or Yuzuru both because I wanted him to do well and to make the people who were being so critical of him shut up. I had Yuzuru in first and then I changed it a day or two before. Oops.

Yulia, I love both her programs but her 3F is sinking her. I'm hopeful she can put it together sometime this season.