Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So... the final disaster :cool::laugh:

MEN
1) Yuzuru Hanyu
2) Javier Fernandez
3) Tatsuki Machida
4) Maxim Kovtun
5) Sergei Voronov
6) Takahito Mura

LADIES
1) Elena Radionova
2) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
3) Julia Lipnitskaya
4) Anna Pogorilaya
5) Ashley Wagner
6) Rika Hongo

PAIRS
1) Stolbova/Klimov
2) Duhamel/Radford
3) Kavaguti/Smirnov
4) Peng/Zhang
5) Sui/Han
6) Yu/Jin

ICE DANCE
1) Chock/Bates
2) Weaver/Poje
3) Papadakis/Cizeron
4) Shibutani/Shibutani
5) Gilles/Poirier
6) Ilynikh/Zhiganshin

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist
Men
1.Hanyu
2.Fernadez
3.Machida
4.Kovtun
5.Voronov
6.Mura

Ladies
1.Elena
2.Julia
3.Elizaveta
4.Pogorilaya
5.Wagner
6.Hongo

Pairs
1. S/K
2.D/R
3.K/S
4.P/Z
5.s/H
6.X/Y

Dance
1.C/B
2.W/P
3.P/C
4.I/Z
5.Shibs
6.G/P

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So, I forgot to post any predictions for the last 3 (or 4 already?!"xD) GPs, so I have absolutely nothing to lose and can simply predict whatever I think would be funny. That's actually kinda cool! :biggrin:

Ladies:

1. Tuktamysheva (get it bby!!!)
2. Radionova
3. Lipnitskaya (I want a russian sweep and since my gut would say Pogo, I'll do the opposite)
4. Pogorilaya
5. Wagner
6. Hongo

Men:

1. Fernandez (he HAS to win this - hometown event!!!)
2. Voronov (because it would be funny)
3. Hanyu (he's missing that GPF bronze)
4. Machida
5. Mura
6. Kovtun (because he qualified first)

Pairs:

1. Stolbova/Klimov
2. Kavaguti/Smirnoff
3. Sui/Han (because they're cute)
4. Duhamel/Radford (just because I'll never forget her yelling at me xD)
5. Peng/Zhang
6. Yu/Jin (although I really like them)

Ice Dance

1. Weaver/Poje (I think I'll cry if they don't)
2. Chock/Bates
3. ShibSibs
4. Papadakis/Cizeron
5. Gilles/Poirier
6. Ilynikh/Zhiganshin

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Mmmh... since it's a game there's no need to start a discussion, but I don't like these new rules at all (it's like everything we did before suddenly counts zero). But above all... the new rules are pressing me, you can't imagine how much! :laugh: You can't even make the smallest mistake... and considering what the skaters are doing this season... it's a stress :biggrin:
I'll have to meditate till the final hour... I won't sleep for the next 7 nights :dance:

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
predicting right this GPF final of men is just impossibleeeeee :laugh2: especially with all the drama happened already :drama:

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
OK. Here we go.
Men: (Dream podium :bow:)
Machida
Hanyu
Mura
Fernandez
Kovtun
Voronov

Ladies:
Radionova
Tuktamysheva
Lipnitskaya
Pogorilaya
Hongo (Will see how far her luck can bring her to in this competition)
Wagner

Pairs:
Stolbova / Klimov
Duhamel / Radford
Sui / Han
Peng / Zhang
Kavaguti / Smirnov

Dance
Weaver / Poje
Chock / Bates
Shibs
Ilinykh / Zhigansin
Papadakis / Cizeron
Gilles / Poirier

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Mmmh... since it's a game there's no need to start a discussion, but I don't like these new rules at all (it's like everything we did before suddenly counts zero). But above all... the new rules are pressing me, you can't imagine how much! :laugh: You can't even make the smallest mistake... and considering what the skaters are doing this season... it's a stress :biggrin:
I'll have to meditate till the final hour... I won't sleep for the next 7 nights :dance:

I feel for you - you did amazingly well in the second half. Now it's like starting up from scratch. The majority likes that, of course. But it seems a bit unfair to those who were building up their ranking event by event, especially you and the leader. Well, I am with the majority - lost a lot of places in the current standings after I bombed CoR and NHK.

Eclair

Medalist
Men
1. Machida
2. Mura
3. Kovtun
4. Fernandez
5. Hanyu
6. Voronov

LADIES
1. Radionova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Lipnitskaya
4. Wagner
5. Pogo
6. Hongo

PAIRS
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Stolbova/Klimov
3. Sui/Han
4. Kavaguti/Smirnov
5. Peng/Zhang
6. Yu/Jin

ICE DANCE
1. Chock/Bates
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Weaver/ Poje
4. Shibutani/Shibutani
5. Gilles/Poirier
6. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

FWIW, when we did this last year, the winner was still the poster who led for a majority of the game. Chances are if you have done well up till now, you will likely do okay in this round. In fact having scored these, the overall leaders tend to have more perfect predictions then not. The margin is such because some had those 5 and 10 point predictions to hold on to.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie Gold has WD due to a stress fracture. Rika Hongo will go in her place. Please change your predictions accordingly.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
according to the international figure skating facebook page gracie gold has withdrawn due to stress fructure on her foot
Gracie Gold has just withdrawn from the GPF due to a stress fracture in her left foot.
“Obviously, I am very disappointed that I have to withdraw from the Grand Prix Final,” Gold said. “I'm proud that I qualified for the event and I was so excited to visit Barcelona.
“The bigger picture is that I need to recover as quickly as possible. My ultimate goals for this year are to win another U.S. title and make the podium at Worlds. These are the factors that my team and I used to make this very difficult decision.”
so rika hongo will be as substitude

s_parks

Record Breaker
Here we go...

Men
Machida
Fernandez
Hanyu
Mura
Kovtun
Voronov

Ladies
Radionova
Tuktamysheva
Pogorilaya
Lipnitskaia
Wagner
Hongo

Pairs
Stolbova/Klimov
Duhamel/Radford
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Sui/Han
Peng/Zhang
Yu/Jin

Ice Dance
Chock/Bates
Papadakis/Cizeron
Weaver/Poje
Shibutanis
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
Gilles/Poirier

anyanka

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold has WD due to a stress fracture. Rika Hongo will go in her place. Please change your predictions accordingly.

Thanks Mrs. P. But what if Hongo can't make it? We had the situation in 2011 GPF when Mao had to fly home for her mother's funeral, but Sotnikova wasn't called in time because she was at the Golden Spin of Zagreb. If there is no replacement for that sixth spot, do we simply vacate it?

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight

:cry: I predicted she was going to win gold! I think I pressurized her too much! Sad but better save than sorry. Wishing her a quick recovery. Let me go edit my post for the upteenth time:laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Mrs. P. But what if Hongo can't make it? We had the situation in 2011 GPF when Mao had to fly home for her mother's funeral, but Sotnikova wasn't called in time because she was at the Golden Spin of Zagreb. If there is no replacement for that sixth spot, do we simply vacate it?

Rika will have to compete since Gracie WD before the deadline (Monday). The case with Mao was different because she WD after the substitution deadline.

In any case, yes, if we have an WD after the substitute deadline then you just predict the remaining places.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
MEN

1. Tatsuki Machida
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Tahakito Mura
4. Maxim Kovtun
5. Yuzuru Hanyu
6. Sergei Voronov

LADIES

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
2. Elena Radionova
3. Ashley Wagner
4. Anna Pogorilaya
5. Yulia Lipnitskaya
6. Rika Hongo

malif

Rinkside
if we have an WD after the substitute deadline then you just predict the remaining places
=====================================================
It looks like this rule can be understood very differently.
Imagine someone predicted

1Machida
2Fernandez
3Hanyu
4Mura
5Kovtun
6Voronov

Then Machida suddenly withdraws and people finish as

1Fernandez
2Hanyu
3Mura
4Kovtun
5Voronov

Would you score this prediction as 0 points because none of the scaters took the predicted place while
in fact this would be the most accurate prediction possible....

PyeongChang2018

On the Ice
1.) Machida
2.) Fernandez
3.) Mura
4.) Hanyu
5.) Kotvun
6.) Voronov

1.) Lipnitskaya
2.) Radionova
3.) Tuktamysheva
4.) Pogorilaya
5.) Wagner
6.) Hongo

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
if we have an WD after the substitute deadline then you just predict the remaining places
=====================================================
It looks like this rule can be understood very differently.
Imagine someone predicted

1Machida
2Fernandez
3Hanyu
4Mura
5Kovtun
6Voronov

Then Machida suddenly withdraws and people finish as

1Fernandez
2Hanyu
3Mura
4Kovtun
5Voronov

Would you score this prediction as 0 points because none of the scaters took the predicted place while
in fact this would be the most accurate prediction possible....

If Machida W/D, Machida would not be count as part of your predictions and everyone would move up one place.

Your prediction as slated above would become

2Fernandez
3Hanyu
4Mura
5Kovtun
6Voronov

So that would be considered a perfect score so 30 X5 = 150 + 60 for a perfect prediction.

guenever

Rinkside
So in this hypothetical situation the person who predicted

1Machida
2Fernandez
3Hanyu
4Mura
5Kovtun
6Voronov

and a person who predicted

1Fernandez
2Hanyu
3Mura
4Kovtun
5Voronov
6Machida

would both get a perfect score? I understand the confusion.