Sergei Voronov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So happy for him. He avenged those marks from yesterday. (And thank you, judges, for not making me riot this time. :))

Meoima

Match Penalty
So happy for him. He avenged those marks from yesterday. (And thank you, judges, for not making me riot this time. :))
His PCS is still lower than Kovtun but at least he got the medal!!! I am so thrilled for Voronov.
I didn't expect my dream podium comes true!!!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Soo happy for him, oh boy, you have no idea how I celebrated once I knew he'd be on the podium. He's so much fun and such a joy to watch. :cheer:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New interview (the Google translation has me :rofl:):

Sergey Voronov: If I had not jumped lutz, I would Etery G. stabbed! (I am sure he means she would have stabbed him, lol)

Sergei Voronov in a desperate "meat grinder" men's Grand Prix Final, where neither name, world star, was able to snatch the bronze. Only strongly asked to deliver them from the sayings "Serge-done" . Fed Up!
- Sergey, in any how we remember, you were going to "take risks, risks, and again at risk."
- I took a chance. I do not know how to explain it ... I just do not know what to say. I was actually going to the second quadruple, the more that I first turned to the blot. And I because of this very disappointing. I wish I had all fallen! The biggest thing I was able to squeeze out of this is really very sad story: add triple toe loop. Only quadruple it to me still can not replace. The fact that the second quadruple was not - to put it mildly, is not good.
- But you did lutz.

Source: Reuters
- If I still Lutz did not, I could not go in "Kiss-and-edge." Because I would Etery G. (coach Voronov, Eter Tutberidze - approx. Ed.) Stabbed.

- For you it's almost fate: go on the ice after the Olympic champion Han are in the roaring thunder of the hall, after Javier Fernandez of Spain, which in principle is comparable to the response to Hanyu. Comment ?
- Let's start with the fact that Xavi is my friend. I applauded him today, even though we are rivals. I did not see how he skated, but just by the reaction of the audience realized Xavi have something to congratulate. After yesterday, after what happened to him in the short program, I am pleased that he was able to get up, get ready. For the rest, I'm already used. In Japan, the ride after the Olympic champion, the Japanese, in Spain after the double European champion - the Spaniard. In good is not so much angry, rather - gets. It makes me wonder: what I am now able to?
- And could. And yesterday said that in the final Grand Prix of the sixth and not be ashamed.
- I had read an interview with their coach does not want to be a parrot, but something that will repeat. Finals in Barcelona helped me move into the elite. And this feeling is very helpful in training.
- This time in the locker room there was no TV?
- You remember Moscow and a television in the locker room in the "Luzhniki"? Now the crisis, televisions became less ... And seriously, and no TV noise from the arena is easy to imagine what was going on. So completely turn is impossible. But the more you play at this level, then gradually get used to. Man gets used to everything. And for good and, oddly enough, to the poor. I have realized for themselves: the value you have only yourself. Your rental. It should be as small as possible to think about who and what naprygalis, especially - on points. Especially since I have not sent, you - too. Expose those nine people.
- Today is not very well made Julia Lipnitskaya. Do you share it with the coach and you probably close contact. You managed to approach it, support it?
- I saw the result. In Etery Bonner asked curtly: "As Julia?". Heard in response: "Not really." And that's all. We try not to dwell on things like attention, I have my own work, Julia - his own. And my job was waiting for me at the moment to come. If Julia wants to share - share it - if not, I said to her soul will not climb. Not my business. We have single sport. And among skaters somehow not stuck disbosom. We will never deal in style: "Well, how are you skated? And you? ". We talk differently: "How's your dog?", "And today I stood a long time in a traffic jam. And seen such a crash. " We try to talk less about work. Because we have it, and too much.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Voronov was the highlight of the men's event to me. He was not perfect, but the most engaging skater out there. He excites the crowds and puts the energy back into his performance. It was a great performance. I am happy that he gets rewarded!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Voronov was the highlight of the men's event to me. He was not perfect, but the most engaging skater out there. He excites the crowds and puts the energy back into his performance. It was a great performance. I am happy that he gets rewarded!
I am still scratching my head thanks to his music choice lol :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is a guy supposed to be all serious with that ridiculous gigantic stuffed animal in the background? Who put it there and why? At least Sergei has the sense enough to keep it behind him and out of sight. I'd not be strong enough to resist it and would probably fall into the boards and nearly break my kneecap again just staring at it :laugh:

https://pp.vk.me/c618427/v618427547/22a9b/STZJf-Qsy78.jpg

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
How is a guy supposed to be all serious with that ridiculous gigantic stuffed animal in the background? Who put it there and why? At least Sergei has the sense enough to keep it behind him and our of sight. I'd not be strong enough to resist it and would probably fall into the boards and nearly break my kneecap again just staring at it :laugh:
He has a shirt with cartoon animal on so... Lol

Pamigena

Record Breaker
How is a guy supposed to be all serious with that ridiculous gigantic stuffed animal in the background? Who put it there and why? At least Sergei has the sense enough to keep it behind him and out of sight. I'd not be strong enough to resist it and would probably fall into the boards and nearly break my kneecap again just staring at it :laugh:

Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Sorry, I  had to do that at least once after I already kept my mouth shut during Finlandia :laugh: 

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rofl: :rofl:

I almost put your name in my OP wondering if it was you who put that there. Seemed like something a fairydust distributor might do. ;)

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
OMG! What the hell is that thing? :laugh: And the look he (she?) has?! :laugh2:

I'm very happy for Voronov. :cheer:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
:rofl: :rofl:

I almost put your name in my OP wondering if it was you who put that there. Seemed like something a fairydust distributor might do. ;)
:laugh:
Totally something I could come up with.

Stella is an angry bird and was the mascot thingy at Finlandia. She (uhm, or "it"?) was everywhere, I'm sure there must be videos and pictures of every competitor with Stella on ice and in the K&C (thank God you weren't there to skate, she probably would've killed you ;))

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wonder if Voronov with this confidence boost can win nationals :biggrin: If he can land both quads in FP, I think it is possible

adelia

Record Breaker
I wonder if Voronov with this confidence boost can win nationals :biggrin: If he can land both quads in FP, I think it is possible
Kovtun would have to fall twice in the LP. I'm not saying that Voronov isn't good enough to win nationals but this is just how I predict the judging will go.