Sergei Voronov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hopefully the results of the GPF will give Sergei a bit of a PCS boost. Anyone with eyes can see the difference in the quality of their skating. I am nervous, but I will stay cautiously optimistic.

chezzu

On the Ice
Rewatched the GPF medal ceremony (yeah, judge me) and wow, he is soooooooooo handsome.
I'm really liking his LP this year too in spite of the strange music choices. So happy he got bronze, he deserved it!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Rewatched the GPF medal ceremony (yeah, judge me) and wow, he is soooooooooo handsome.
I'm really liking his LP this year too in spite of the strange music choices. So happy he got bronze, he deserved it!

I like the nickname "Sexey" that someone came up with in the GPF thread. :rofl:

Evgeni Plushenko: "Voronov potential is far from exhausted"

Two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko praised the performance of Sergei Voronov Russian figure skater in the Grand Prix Final (3rd place).

"This season, Sergey demonstrates a very good hire. If he can accurately perform two quadruple jumps in the free program, you will be fully able to win the championship of Russia and compete for gold at the European Championships. This skater potential is far from exhausted "- quoted Plushenko TASS

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank goodness he didn't skate as a football this season. It would've made the SP underscoring even more sad.

On a more serious note: I love how much confidence Plushy has in Sergei... I think Sergei can take Nationals. Europeans... I'm not sure. Javi is prone to errors (I'm his fan, but I have to admit this). But Sergei has to be foot-perfect, not merely good. Still, he just beat Mura, who beat Javi in SC, so anything's possible. :)

adelia

Record Breaker
Plushy speaking out for Voronov was very important, his word carries some influence.

Just 9 days to Russian Nationals. The most anticipated competition of the season IMO. Very excited.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sergei is currently N1 in ISU standings this season :biggrin:

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/wr/wrmen.htm

:cheer: So glad for him. I know it's based on point accumulation, so the senior Bs helped him out there, but it's still pretty impressive. And he's at #6 in the World rankings right now. I bet very few people could ever have predicted that he would do this well, this late into his career. Hopefully, the upward trajectory will continue.

I'm grateful to Eteri for taking him on when others refused - she just seems like a fabulous coach who understands her skaters as human beings and knows how to bring out the best in them.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I was OVER the MOON for seeing Sergei on GPF podium this past weekend! :party2:

:cheer: So glad for him. I know it's based on point accumulation, so the senior Bs helped him out there, but it's still pretty impressive. And he's at #6 in the World rankings right now. I bet very few people could ever have predicted that he would do this well, this late into his career. Hopefully, the upward trajectory will continue.

I'm grateful to Eteri for taking him on when others refused - she just seems like a fabulous coach who understands her skaters as human beings and knows how to bring out the best in them.

:agree:!!! Many many congrats to Sergei and his coach! :points: Hope he can win the Nats this season. :yes:

deedee1

Record Breaker
-Silver medal at Euro 2014
-1st at Finlandia Trophy
-2nd at Rostelecom Cup 2014
-2nd at NHK Trophy
-3rd at Grand Prix Final

One word: impressive!. What great results Sergei has been achieving this year. And I wish it will continue as such for the rest of the season. :yes:
Good luck to him at the Russian Nationals! :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
-Silver medal at Euro 2014
-1st at Finlandia Trophy
-2nd at Rostelecom Cup 2014
-2nd at NHK Trophy
-3rd at Grand Prix Final

One word: impressive!. What great results Sergei has been achieving this year. And I wish it will continue as such for the rest of the season. :yes:
Good luck to him at the Russian Nationals! :cheer:
Sergei represents our 27 year olds very well! :rock:
Best wishes at Nationals!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Go Sergei!!! :cheer2:

I am confident he's going to go to Euros and Worlds, but I would love for him to win gold and (maybe? hopefully?) finally get the respect he deserves! He's one of the most consistent men this season, yet even after winning bronze in the Grand Prix, he still gets virtually no hype and no media coverage, it's still all about Kovtun...what a shame! Time for the silver foxes to show what they can do! I really want Sergei and Kostya on that podium...:clap:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141225/796608875.html

Sochi, December 25 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov. Technical problems with the music before rolling the silver medalist of the European Championship 2014 in men's figure skating Sergei Voronov in the short program at the Russian Championships in Sochi did not affect his performance, the coach said skater Etery Tutberidze .
Ravens in the short program made a cascade of quadruple and triple toe loop, axel in three and a half turns and triple loop. With 91.24 points assessment Ravens after the speech of two groups of participants comes second, trailing by 1.13 points from Konstantin Menchov. Before starting the program Voronov had to get up twice in the starting position due to a hitch with the music.
"Delay music - it's an easy souvenir from Sochi. I was afraid that Sergei fail, but it is well done, going. His rental I'm happy," - said Tutberidze reporters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sergei has great mentality. To skate that well even with that music incident. Congrats!!