Sergei Voronov | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
shallow comment: sergei looks younger without the beard :luv17: and the shorter haircut suits him

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've interviewed Sergei and as he already said in another interview done for Match.TV earlier, he's preparing for the new season. While I'll prepare this interview, here's the "Tea or Coffee" video clip I did with him:
http://www.figureskating-online.com/tea-or-coffee.html

Thank you for this interview. I can't help but smile when I watch it. He has always been a sentimental favorite of mine, mainly for 2 reasons. He was the only one at the Skate America 2016 practice who clapped for each skater after they ran their program. Will never forget when he blew us a kiss while skating his program during the competition. It was hilarious!

He seems like a great guy and I admire his sportsmanlike conduct.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Late observation, but how cute is Sergei with Jiji the cat in the "Coffee or Tea" clip?! :biggrin: :luv17:

He does look younger without the beard, I do like the beard better though.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
sergei got IdF and NHK, both fields are not very easy but not very stacked too. i don't know if he could medal at all but i'm happy he is there this year too :luv17: davoi Sergei!:hap10:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
sergei got IdF and NHK, both fields are not very easy but not very stacked too. i don't know if he could medal at all but i'm happy he is there this year too :luv17: davoi Sergei!:hap10:

A medal is not out of possibility, though it will be hard, I'm just thrilled that he got the places, especially NHK (I really REALLY love the whole men's field there, and the audience will be amazing for all of them...)

Do we know his programs yet?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
A medal is not out of possibility, though it will be hard, I'm just thrilled that he got the places, especially NHK (I really REALLY love the whole men's field there, and the audience will be amazing for all of them...)

Do we know his programs yet?

men are always a surprise, so no, it's not impossible, i mean last year he was the only russian men at GPF. i don't remember about his programs but it could be just me not remebering things :biggrin: wich happens a lot

LadyB

Record Breaker
Love the fact that he goes to NHK, but I'm sad he hasn't been assigned to SA, as he always does well there. But hey, maybe France suits him. I wish him all the best of luck. Davai, Serjoscha, show them there's a lot of energy and skills behind years of experience :cheer2:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So great to see Sergei's name in two GP events! You go, Sergei!

Looking forward to his new programs too! :biggrin:

nguyhm

On the Ice
Thank you for this interview. I can't help but smile when I watch it. He has always been a sentimental favorite of mine, mainly for 2 reasons. He was the only one at the Skate America 2016 practice who clapped for each skater after they ran their program. Will never forget when he blew us a kiss while skating his program during the competition. It was hilarious!

He seems like a great guy and I admire his sportsmanlike conduct.

Thank you for the nice trip down memory lane of 2016 Skate America. I was really impressed with Sergei's interraction with the other skaters - such a gentleman. The highlight was we got to meet him in a Starbucks close by after the competition was over and he was so so nice.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
first of all, thank tou Tatjana for the interview!
some random thoughts: i wish there could be video somwhere of Sergei's performance at Denis Ten Memorial. i'm so happy retirenment is not in his mind :laugh: and he still has such will to fight :devil: i'm looking forward to his new programs

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Has Sergei decided to compete for another season? It sounds like it from the interview.

If he has, what music is he using? He was not Saying in the interview, so I am very curious!

I just updated his OP, and for now, the videos work.

Last edited: