Sergei Voronov | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG, I had no idea it was Sergei's birthday!

Happy Belated Birthday, Sergei! :hb: :cheer: :dance2:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Voronov: “I was wrong letting go of my concentration towards the end. I haven’t been last to warm up for a long time ”

Russian figure skater Sergey Voronov commented on his performance in the short program at the Finlandia Trophy Challenger series tournament. The 32-year-old athlete made a mistake by falling while performing a triple Axel. For his skating run Voronov received 79.48 points.

“My mistake is that I let go of my concentration towards the end of my run. The fact is that I haven't been the last to warm up for a long time. It’s hard to ride as sixth - it’s like walking, stretching, and changing clothes, but then you need to go out and make yourself perform well.

In general, I would rate my skating run as “satisfactory”. There were no ridiculous mistakes, "pops". Yes, I fell on my Axel, you can’t do that. But this is a twisted jump, he was at work.

Excitement? Only fools don't worry. Of course there is. Moreover, I had a break. Reliving competitive emotions again is pleasant and exciting.

Do I keep on skating because I don’t make enough money in shows? In our country, everyone wants more money, but that is not the point. If I wanted to earn more, I would do something else in the world of sports. The same show. But I want to live my life with pleasure. Yes, I worry sometimes over performing in competitions, and sometimes, excuse me, I strain myself for the fifth spot. But it gives me a high feeling.

Now everyone will again say I am a veteran. It's funny to me when they call me that. I would like to answer reporters: "Guys, next question please." Okay, okay, if there is a veteran, let him be a veteran. But veterans are those who participated in the Great Patriotic War. While I am just a young man who has been engaged in figure skating for a long time .....”

(c) Konstantin Lesik
-----
From https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...kontse-davno-ne-vystupal-poslednim-v-razminke

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Voronov: “I was wrong letting go of my concentration towards the end. I haven’t been last to warm up for a long time ”

Russian figure skater Sergey Voronov commented on his performance in the short program at the Finlandia Trophy Challenger series tournament. The 32-year-old athlete made a mistake by falling while performing a triple Axel. For his skating run Voronov received 79.48 points.

“My mistake is that I let go of my concentration towards the end of my run. The fact is that I haven't been the last to warm up for a long time. It’s hard to ride as sixth - it’s like walking, stretching, and changing clothes, but then you need to go out and make yourself perform well.

In general, I would rate the rental as “satisfactory”. There were no ridiculous mistakes, "pops". Yes, I fell on my Axel, you can’t do that. But this is a twisted jump, he was at work.

Excitement? Only fools don't worry. Of course there is. Moreover, I had a break. Reliving competitive emotions again is pleasant and exciting.

Do I keep on skating because I don’t make enough money in shows? In our country, everyone wants more money, but that is not the point. If I wanted to earn more, I would do something else in the world of sports. The same show. But I want to live my life with pleasure. Yes, I worry sometimes over performing in competitions, and sometimes, excuse me, I strain myself for the fifth spot. But it gives me a high feeling.

Now everyone will again say I am a veteran. It's funny to me when they call me that. I would like to answer reporters: "Guys, next question please." Okay, okay, if there is a veteran, let him be a veteran. But veterans are those who participated in the Great Patriotic War. While I am just a young man who has been engaged in figure skating for a long time .....”

(c) Konstantin Lesik
-----
From https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...kontse-davno-ne-vystupal-poslednim-v-razminke

:laugh2:

well it's nice see that he is still positive about this competition and his future prospects. also this season he seems to have more stamina, which is great, now he just have to land everything

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes! Sergei was a joy to watch, despite the mistakes in the FS.

At first I thought the big cheers that came when he was introduced was because Yuzu did something cool, but no, the audience really do like him a lot! :)

I really enjoyed his ex at the Gala, as someone pointed out Sinatra's That's Life fits him really well.

Congratulations to Sergei on a good competition!

icetug

Medalist
At first I thought the big cheers that came when he was introduced was because Yuzu did something cool, but no, the audience really do like him a lot! :)

He's very popular in Japan and introduced to the general public in their magazines as one of those blond princes every Japanese girl is in love with :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
He's very popular in Japan and introduced to the general public in their magazines as one of those blond princes every Japanese girl is in love with :)

he doesn't strike me like a princey (is this a word? :laugh:) kind of guy, he is more of a funny guy i think :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
he doesn't strike me like a princey (is this a word? :laugh:) kind of guy, he is more of a funny guy i think :laugh:

Well, Russia had oodles of princes b/c of the Scandinavian lateral succession and title inheritance rules. some of them were bound to be funny (edit: in a not spooky kind of way).

Princely or not, he sure sounds dedicated to what he does, and he seems to say pretty cool things in his interviews.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Indeed! Although Plushy also got the Prince treatment in Japan, some of the old videos on YouTube are hilarious. It's not Yuzu levels, of course, but there used to be quite a cascade of flowers when he competed. They even gave him a fake crown once!

I wonder if Arthur G was just as popular there :)

icetug

Medalist

It's a magazine world: only an appearance counts :laugh:. He's tall and of great posture, his hair and skin are bright, and that's enough to show him as a man of dreams...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Indeed! Although Plushy also got the Prince treatment in Japan, some of the old videos on YouTube are hilarious. It's not Yuzu levels, of course, but there used to be quite a cascade of flowers when he competed. They even gave him a fake crown once!

I wonder if Arthur G was just as popular there :)

but Plushy was a king, or better a Czar (his serene highness, the autocrat of all figure skating, Evgenij I :laugh:)

It's a magazine world: only an appearance counts :laugh:. He's tall and of great posture, his hair and skin are bright, and that's enough to show him as a man of dreams...

that explains Deniss Vasilijev's popularity too

Thank God for that! :biggrin:

:agree::luv17:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sergei is keeping his options open! :pray: :pray: :pray:

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1084953111.html?from=main-news-fs

Google translate:

Voronov on continuing his career: “This pandemic will pass, and there will be food for thought. While there are no answers even for himself. "
Tags Sergey Voronov Russian team male skating coronavirus Figure skating
Russian figure skater Sergei Voronov said that so far he could not answer the question of whether he would continue his sports career.

- Do you have plans for the next season? Setting programs, performances.

- I have plans, but let me not continue making any statements regarding / I will not continue. Let's see how the topic with the coronavirus will drag on. As far as I understand, no one has the opportunity to train on ice.

- If you dream and imagine that in May it will be possible to go to the rink, in June-July to prepare, relax ...

- If it will be in May, then good. But, as you see, the weekend week was first announced, but in the end they extended the “bye” until the end of April. Let's see what will happen next.

- Does the decision to pursue a career or not continue to be affected primarily by the coronavirus pandemic?

- The point is not whether I will have time to prepare or not, all together. I am not in some individual conditions, but in the same conditions as any citizen. I can’t install any programs or roll new shoes, what I started to do. While I'm on pause.

- But what are you nevertheless closer to - continuing your career or ...

- Listen, talk about what is closer or farther, while nothing is empty. I'm on a pause. This whole pandemic will pass, and then there will be food for thought. While I try not to ask these questions, I don’t even have answers for myself, ”said Voronov.